'the incredibles' release date?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Steve Mclaughlin, Dec 15, 2004.

  1. I know it's 2-discs. anyone know the release date?
    Steve Mclaughlin, Dec 15, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Steve Mclaughlin

    M.B. Guest

    Steve Mclaughlin wrote:
    > I know it's 2-discs. anyone know the release date?
    >
    >
    >


    Dude, it's STILL in the theaters! General rule of thumb is anywhere
    from 3 to 6 months from the time a movie opens at the theater till the
    time it hits DVD. Considering that this movie will probably play longer
    than most in the first-run theaters, it will probably be sometime in May
    before it's released. That is, unless they want to hold off releasing
    it for the holidays next year, but I don't believe they did that with
    Monsters, Inc., their last Holiday released film.
    M.B., Dec 15, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Steve Mclaughlin

    TCS Guest

    On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:46:29 -0800, Steve Mclaughlin <> wrote:
    >I know it's 2-discs. anyone know the release date?


    How do you know it's 2 discs? What is your source?
    TCS, Dec 15, 2004
    #3
  4. Steve Mclaughlin

    M.B. Guest

    TCS wrote:
    > On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:46:29 -0800, Steve Mclaughlin <> wrote:
    >
    >>I know it's 2-discs. anyone know the release date?

    >
    >
    > How do you know it's 2 discs? What is your source?


    The same source that told him there's been a date announced for the
    release of it???
    M.B., Dec 15, 2004
    #4
  5. Derek Janssen, Dec 15, 2004
    #5
  6. Steve Mclaughlin

    Nonymous Guest

    "TCS" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:46:29 -0800, Steve Mclaughlin
    > <> wrote:
    >>I know it's 2-discs. anyone know the release date?

    >
    > How do you know it's 2 discs?


    It's a blockbuster Pixar movie. It's an easy guess.
    Nonymous, Dec 15, 2004
    #6
  7. Steve Mclaughlin

    Mark McGee Guest

    It must be listed somewhere because my preorder list of DVDs has it with a
    release date of March 15, 2005

    "Steve Mclaughlin" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I know it's 2-discs. anyone know the release date?
    >
    >
    >
    Mark McGee, Dec 15, 2004
    #7
  8. Steve Mclaughlin

    TCS Guest

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 06:42:43 -0500, Nonymous <> wrote:

    >"TCS" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:46:29 -0800, Steve Mclaughlin
    >> <> wrote:
    >>>I know it's 2-discs. anyone know the release date?

    >>
    >> How do you know it's 2 discs?


    >It's a blockbuster Pixar movie. It's an easy guess.


    ah.. like bugs life? no wait a minute, that was one disc. collector's
    edition was two discs but that doesn't come out first.

    perhaps toy story? nope. one disc too.

    you must mean finding nemo? ok. that was two discs.
    TCS, Dec 15, 2004
    #8
  9. Steve Mclaughlin

    TCS Guest

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:19:01 -0800, Derek Janssen <> wrote:
    >TCS wrote:


    >> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 06:42:43 -0500, Nonymous <> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>"TCS" <> wrote in message
    >>>news:...
    >>>
    >>>>On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:46:29 -0800, Steve Mclaughlin
    >>>><> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>>I know it's 2-discs. anyone know the release date?
    >>>>
    >>>>How do you know it's 2 discs?

    >>
    >>>It's a blockbuster Pixar movie. It's an easy guess.

    >>
    >> ah.. like bugs life? no wait a minute, that was one disc. collector's
    >> edition was two discs but that doesn't come out first.
    >>
    >> perhaps toy story? nope. one disc too.
    >>
    >> you must mean finding nemo? ok. that was two discs.


    >Okay, I get the idea--Nobody saw the graphic the first time.


    >So, we post it again:
    >http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covers4/incrediblesdvd.jpg


    Is the collectors edition the only edition coming out? I thought it was usually
    a later release?
    TCS, Dec 15, 2004
    #9
  10. TCS wrote:

    > On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 06:42:43 -0500, Nonymous <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>"TCS" <> wrote in message
    >>news:...
    >>
    >>>On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:46:29 -0800, Steve Mclaughlin
    >>><> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>I know it's 2-discs. anyone know the release date?
    >>>
    >>>How do you know it's 2 discs?

    >
    >>It's a blockbuster Pixar movie. It's an easy guess.

    >
    > ah.. like bugs life? no wait a minute, that was one disc. collector's
    > edition was two discs but that doesn't come out first.
    >
    > perhaps toy story? nope. one disc too.
    >
    > you must mean finding nemo? ok. that was two discs.


    Okay, I get the idea--Nobody saw the graphic the first time.

    So, we post it again:
    http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covers4/incrediblesdvd.jpg

    Derek Janssen (the site was up, the link worked...Folks, I don't know
    what happened)
    Derek Janssen, Dec 15, 2004
    #10
  11. TCS wrote:
    >
    >>>>>How do you know it's 2 discs?
    >>>
    >>>>It's a blockbuster Pixar movie. It's an easy guess.
    >>>
    >>>ah.. like bugs life? no wait a minute, that was one disc. collector's
    >>>edition was two discs but that doesn't come out first.
    >>>
    >>>perhaps toy story? nope. one disc too.
    >>>
    >>>you must mean finding nemo? ok. that was two discs.

    >
    >>Okay, I get the idea--Nobody saw the graphic the first time.

    >
    >>So, we post it again:
    >>http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covers4/incrediblesdvd.jpg

    >
    > Is the collectors edition the only edition coming out? I thought it was usually
    > a later release?


    You STILL expect Disney to do a separate day/date bare-bones release?...
    How is life in 2000?

    Derek Janssen
    Derek Janssen, Dec 15, 2004
    #11
  12. Steve Mclaughlin

    Mike Jackson Guest

    >I know it's 2-discs. anyone know the release date?

    Buena Vista's site for press and retailers (www.bvhe.com) only shows it as
    "coming soon" along with the cover art you've seen on The Digital Bits and
    other sites. And hey, there's separate fullscreen and widescreen releases,
    so we don't have to be bothered with the version that bugs us!

    Mike Jackson
    Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
    www.dvdverdict.com
    Mike Jackson, Dec 15, 2004
    #12
  13. Steve Mclaughlin

    Black Locust Guest

    In article
    <>,
    TCS <> wrote:

    > ah.. like bugs life? no wait a minute, that was one disc. collector's
    > edition was two discs but that doesn't come out first.
    >
    > perhaps toy story? nope. one disc too.
    >
    > you must mean finding nemo? ok. that was two discs.
    >


    Monsters Inc was two discs as well.
    --
    "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.
    They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people,
    and neither do we." - George Dumbya Bush
    Black Locust, Dec 17, 2004
    #13
  14. Steve Mclaughlin

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Steve Mclaughlin, says...
    > I know it's 2-discs. anyone know the release date?


    Judging from my Oscar screener, the real release will look great when it
    comes out.
    Mark Spatny, Dec 17, 2004
    #14
  15. Steve Mclaughlin

    M.B. Guest

    Mark Spatny wrote:
    > Steve Mclaughlin, says...
    >
    >>I know it's 2-discs. anyone know the release date?

    >
    >
    > Judging from my Oscar screener, the real release will look great when it
    > comes out.


    Oh now you're just bragging! Lucky SOB! :)
    M.B., Dec 17, 2004
    #15
  16. Steve Mclaughlin

    Mark Spatny Guest

    M.B., says...
    > Oh now you're just bragging! Lucky SOB! :)


    Why is it lucky? Screeners are nothing to brag about. No extra features,
    and periodically a distracting warning pops up on screen reminding you
    that the disc is the property of the studio. Sometimes they still come
    on VHS (like the screener for Sky Captain I got this week). They are
    actually kind of lame unless you are really desperate to see a movie and
    it isn't in theaters anymore. Mostly I use them as a guide for whether
    it will be worthwhile buying the commercial release. In the case of the
    Incredibles, judging from the screener, the commercial release should
    look fantastic. I'll be buying it.
    Mark Spatny, Dec 18, 2004
    #16
  17. Steve Mclaughlin

    M.B. Guest

    Mark Spatny wrote:
    > M.B., says...
    >
    >>Oh now you're just bragging! Lucky SOB! :)

    >
    >
    > Why is it lucky? Screeners are nothing to brag about. No extra features,
    > and periodically a distracting warning pops up on screen reminding you
    > that the disc is the property of the studio. Sometimes they still come
    > on VHS (like the screener for Sky Captain I got this week). They are
    > actually kind of lame unless you are really desperate to see a movie and
    > it isn't in theaters anymore. Mostly I use them as a guide for whether
    > it will be worthwhile buying the commercial release. In the case of the
    > Incredibles, judging from the screener, the commercial release should
    > look fantastic. I'll be buying it.


    I was just razzing you. I know it's not that big of a deal.
    M.B., Dec 18, 2004
    #17
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Doug MacLean
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    540
    Doug MacLean
    Dec 21, 2004
  2. The Dweeb

    Win the Incredibles @ DVD-Dweeb.com

    The Dweeb, Feb 28, 2005, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    325
    The Dweeb
    Feb 28, 2005
  3. Andrew Krieg

    Cheapest "The Incredibles"?

    Andrew Krieg, Mar 14, 2005, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    13
    Views:
    1,222
    Kevin
    Mar 19, 2005
  4. Replies:
    6
    Views:
    582
    Kevin
    Mar 18, 2005
  5. Mike
    Replies:
    15
    Views:
    1,915
Loading...

Share This Page