    http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

    In a time of deception telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -
    George Orwell

    Unclaimed Mysteries, Jul 8, 2007

  2. Unclaimed Mysteries

    Prometheus Guest

    In article <I39ki.5620$>,
    Unclaimed Mysteries
    <> writes
    >... that the gear I use and have invested in is the only proper setup
    >for good photography. Everyone else is truly wasting their money and it
    >shows in their work compared to mine, which I am inadvertently not
    >providing a link for. Thank you for your time. That is all.

    Unfortunately you have forgotten that my equipment is vastly superior. I
    have no need to describe it since the educated already know what it must
    be and the ignorant would choose to remain ignorant. I could provide a
    link to a 10 x 10 pixel re-sampled crop, but since the educated know it
    is perfect and the ignorant would not understand it would be pointless
    to do so.
    --
    Ian G8ILZ
    There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.

    Prometheus, Jul 8, 2007

  3. Prometheus wrote:
    > In article <I39ki.5620$>,
    > Unclaimed Mysteries
    > <> writes
    >> ... that the gear I use and have invested in is the only proper setup
    >> for good photography. Everyone else is truly wasting their money and
    >> it shows in their work compared to mine, which I am inadvertently not
    >> providing a link for. Thank you for your time. That is all.

    > Unfortunately you have forgotten that my equipment is vastly
    > superior. I have no need to describe it since the educated already
    > know what it must be and the ignorant would choose to remain
    > ignorant. I could provide a link to a 10 x 10 pixel re-sampled crop,
    > but since the educated know it is perfect and the ignorant would not
    > understand it would be pointless to do so.

    I could take better pictures than both of you, using a Kodak Box Brownie,
    but then, I'm a photographer, not an equipment buff.

    Dennis Pogson, Jul 9, 2007
  4. On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 07:32:58 GMT, "Dennis Pogson"
    <> wrote:

    >Prometheus wrote:
    >> In article <I39ki.5620$>,
    >> Unclaimed Mysteries
    >> <> writes
    >>> ... that the gear I use and have invested in is the only proper setup
    >>> for good photography. Everyone else is truly wasting their money and
    >>> it shows in their work compared to mine, which I am inadvertently not
    >>> providing a link for. Thank you for your time. That is all.

    >> Unfortunately you have forgotten that my equipment is vastly
    >> superior. I have no need to describe it since the educated already
    >> know what it must be and the ignorant would choose to remain
    >> ignorant. I could provide a link to a 10 x 10 pixel re-sampled crop,
    >> but since the educated know it is perfect and the ignorant would not
    >> understand it would be pointless to do so.

    >I could take better pictures than both of you, using a Kodak Box Brownie,
    >but then, I'm a photographer, not an equipment buff.

    If you had enough talent then you could easily out-do everyone with a Brownie
    Box camera. I keep one on my shelf to remind myself of all the award-winning
    photos I once obtained with it.

    SelfImportantName, Jul 9, 2007
  5. Unclaimed Mysteries

    Clive Guest

    Unclaimed Mysteries wrote:
    > ... that the gear I use and have invested in is the only proper setup
    > for good photography. Everyone else is truly wasting their money and
    > it shows in their work compared to mine, which I am inadvertently not
    > providing a link for. Thank you for your time. That is all.

    The phrase 'all the gear and no idea' springs to mind.

    Clive

    Clive, Jul 9, 2007
  6. Unclaimed Mysteries

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 03:14:01 -0500, SelfImportantName
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 07:32:58 GMT, "Dennis Pogson"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Prometheus wrote:
    >>> In article <I39ki.5620$>,
    >>> Unclaimed Mysteries
    >>> <> writes
    >>>
    >>> Unfortunately you have forgotten that my equipment is vastly
    >>> superior. I have no need to describe it since the educated already
    >>> know what it must be and the ignorant would choose to remain
    >>> ignorant. I could provide a link to a 10 x 10 pixel re-sampled crop,
    >>> but since the educated know it is perfect and the ignorant would not
    >>> understand it would be pointless to do so.

    >>I could take better pictures than both of you, using a Kodak Box Brownie,
    >>but then, I'm a photographer, not an equipment buff.
    >>

    >If you had enough talent then you could easily out-do everyone with a Brownie
    >Box camera. I keep one on my shelf to remind myself of all the award-winning
    >photos I once obtained with it.

    I must inform you all that if you do not stop maligning me
    immediately, I will be forced to find the true identies of all of you,
    and sue you into oblivion!!
    It is painfully obvious that my photographic capabilities are such
    that I am constantly being hired by the truly discriminating among the
    most powerful and influential people in the world to document the
    defining moments in their lives, and those of their families. These
    include (but are not limited to) weddings, funerals,
    college/university/treatment center graduations, bris ceremonies, bail
    releases, bald vagina flashes, and the all other truly memorable
    things that make up the lives of those people you can only envy.
    You have been warned.

    Al Gore's son was pulled over by police on the
    San Diego Freeway Tuesday with marijuana, Valium,
    Xanax and Vicodin on him. The kid never had a
    chance. He got hooked on downers at an early
    age listening to his father read him bedtime
    stories.

    Bill Funk, Jul 9, 2007
  7. Unclaimed Mysteries

    Prometheus Guest

    In article <Kwlki.24255$>, Dennis Pogson
    <> writes
    >Prometheus wrote:
    >> In article <I39ki.5620$>,
    >> Unclaimed Mysteries
    >> <> writes
    >>> ... that the gear I use and have invested in is the only proper setup
    >>> for good photography. Everyone else is truly wasting their money and
    >>> it shows in their work compared to mine, which I am inadvertently not
    >>> providing a link for. Thank you for your time. That is all.

    >> Unfortunately you have forgotten that my equipment is vastly
    >> superior. I have no need to describe it since the educated already
    >> know what it must be and the ignorant would choose to remain
    >> ignorant. I could provide a link to a 10 x 10 pixel re-sampled crop,
    >> but since the educated know it is perfect and the ignorant would not
    >> understand it would be pointless to do so.

    >I could take better pictures than both of you, using a Kodak Box Brownie,
    >but then, I'm a photographer, not an equipment buff.

    I took better pictures with my Kodak Brownie 127 when I was ten than
    some of the people here do with their *istD5, definitely not as well
    focussed, and not often perfectly exposed, but much better composed. At
    twelve I progressed to a Kodak Instamatic 200, which offered some
    control of exposure and a less dreadful lens. When I started work I
    purchased a manual SLR with a few lenses, after thirty years a purchased
    a DSLR. Your pictures might be better than mine, but not because I am an
    equipment buff instead of a photographer. My job is electronic
    engineering, photography has just been a hobby for the last forty years.
    You're probably American, they don't understand irony* or sarcasm.

    No, it is not what RichA wants all cameras made from.

    Prometheus, Jul 9, 2007
  8. Prometheus wrote in part:

    > You're probably American, they don't understand irony* or sarcasm.

    Hi! (€1)

    http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

    Unclaimed Mysteries, Jul 9, 2007
  9. Unclaimed Mysteries

    The Bobert Guest

    In article <Uhnki.20685$>,
    Clive <> wrote:

    > Unclaimed Mysteries wrote:
    > > ... that the gear I use and have invested in is the only proper setup
    > > for good photography. Everyone else is truly wasting their money and
    > > it shows in their work compared to mine, which I am inadvertently not
    > > providing a link for. Thank you for your time. That is all.
    > >

    > The phrase 'all the gear and no idea' springs to mind.
    >
    > Clive

    Or: Big hat, no cattle.
    --

    FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION! (it comes bundled with the software)

    Bob in Central CA

    The Bobert, Jul 9, 2007
  10. Unclaimed Mysteries

    Mike Russell Guest

    "Prometheus" <Prometheus@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > I took better pictures with my Kodak Brownie 127 when I was ten than some
    > of the people here do with their *istD5

    Was it a Hawkeye? If so, no surprise you got good pix with it. Great
    Bokeh.

    Problem was all it *had* was Bokeh.
    --
    Mike Russell - www.curvemeister.com

    Mike Russell, Jul 10, 2007
  11. Unclaimed Mysteries

    ASAAR Guest

    On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 00:17:24 GMT, Mike Russell wrote:

    > Was it a Hawkeye? If so, no surprise you got good pix with it. Great
    > Bokeh.
    >
    > Problem was all it *had* was Bokeh.

    Well yeah, it didn't have much more going for it, but great bokeh?
    Far from it. Early Japanese amateur photographers used the Hawkeye
    to demonstrate what bad bokeh looks like. They divided cameras into
    two basic categories, and when helping newbies buy cameras, would
    often advise them "Pay more for creamy Canon bokeh. Avoid at all
    costs crummy Kodak bokeh."

    :)

    ASAAR, Jul 10, 2007
  12. Unclaimed Mysteries

    Prometheus Guest

    In article <oeAki.21187$>, Mike
    Russell <-MOVE> writes
    >"Prometheus" <Prometheus@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    >> I took better pictures with my Kodak Brownie 127 when I was ten than some
    >> of the people here do with their *istD5

    >Was it a Hawkeye? If so, no surprise you got good pix with it. Great
    >Bokeh.
    >
    >Problem was all it *had* was Bokeh.

    It was one of these:
    <http://www.onetwoseven.org.uk/cameras/kodak/b127.html>