    it sure comes in handy but is it the same case with PCs?

    Thank You

    David

    BIG DAVE, Dec 4, 2009

  2. BIG DAVE

    chuckcar Guest

    BIG DAVE <> wrote in
    news::

    > How important do you feel that Bluetooth capability is for a laptop/
    > netbook? Some models that offer Bluetooth are anywhere from $30-$50
    > more.
    >
    > I mean, assuming you don't mind wires and cords can't you do the same
    > things with a non-Bluetooth?
    >
    > So, in closing, is the extra $$$ worth it? I know with a cell phone
    > it sure comes in handy but is it the same case with PCs?

    The *real* question is how important is it to own a laptop period? Is it
    because you're getting a computer for under $1,000? If so, then do you
    routinely buy cars under $1,000 as well? Because the fact is, you're
    getting just as good a product that's going last just as long. A laptop is
    by design a product with built in problems: they can't be upgraded aside
    from RAM for one, They are inherently fragile, and are designed for use
    where you *need* a computer and there's no AC poswer supply, but you will
    have one within 24 hours. On an airplane in other words.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Dec 4, 2009

  3. BIG DAVE

    Jordon Guest

    BIG DAVE wrote:
    > How important do you feel that Bluetooth capability is for a laptop/
    > netbook? Some models that offer Bluetooth are anywhere from $30-$50
    > more.
    >
    > I mean, assuming you don't mind wires and cords can't you do the same
    > things with a non-Bluetooth?
    >
    > So, in closing, is the extra $$$ worth it? I know with a cell phone
    > it sure comes in handy but is it the same case with PCs?

    Save the money. Go without. If you later decide you
    want it, USB Bluetooth dongles are cheap.

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, Dec 4, 2009