    Frohike Guest

    Any chance of The Hunger (Susan Sarandon, Catherine Deneuve, David Bowie)
    ever making it on DVD? I wanna get rid of my laserdisc. Thanks.
    Frohike, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Frohike

    jayembee Guest

    "Frohike" <> wrote:

    >Any chance of The Hunger (Susan Sarandon, Catherine Deneuve, David Bowie)
    >ever making it on DVD? I wanna get rid of my laserdisc. Thanks.

    Sure there's a chance. How much of one, and how soon we're likely to
    see it are other questions.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Oct 27, 2003

  3. jayembee <> wrote:
    > "Frohike" <> wrote:

    > > Any chance of The Hunger (Susan Sarandon, Catherine Deneuve, David Bowie)
    > > ever making it on DVD? I wanna get rid of my laserdisc. Thanks.

    > Sure there's a chance. How much of one, and how soon we're likely to
    > see it are other questions.

    Well, I'm hoping for it, too, and I've been waiting for a while...

    In March 2001, MGM mentioned (in a Home Theater Forum chat) that _The
    Hunger_ was on its way, scheduled for 2002 release:

    <http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/030701htfchat.html>

    Then, in April 2003, also in an HTF chat, *Warners* mentioned that _The
    Hunger_ was "in the works for next year":

    <http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/042303htfchat.html>

    So it may still be on its way. Uh, or not.

    doug

    --

    ---------------Douglas Bailey ()---------------
    I can't see the lines I used to think I could read between...
    Douglas Bailey, Oct 27, 2003
  4. Frohike

    Wade365 Guest

    << So it may still be on its way. Uh, or not. >>

    I just watched my VHS of this movie last week... too bad some of the better (or
    at least more original) films seem to be stuck in limbo...
    Wade365, Oct 27, 2003
  5. On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:28:26 GMT, "Frohike" <> wrote:

    >Any chance of The Hunger (Susan Sarandon, Catherine Deneuve, David Bowie)
    >ever making it on DVD? I wanna get rid of my laserdisc. Thanks.

    I can only wish. What a super film!

    SpeedByrd PhD
    Dr. Speedbyrd :>, Oct 28, 2003
  6. >I can only wish. What a super film!

    > SpeedByrd PhD

    it's OK. David Bowie is very impressive in it, though.
    Vlvetmorning98, Oct 28, 2003
  7. Frohike

    Wade365 Guest

    << I can only wish. What a super film!

    > SpeedByrd PhD

    it's OK. David Bowie is very impressive in it, though. >>

    I think it's one of the most original vampire takes out there... it really
    hasn't been equalled... I will never forget how disturbed I was when Catherine
    is laying Bowie to rest and telling him that there is no true release...
    horrifying thought, and a really emotional moment, which you really don't see
    in the genre, before or since.

    My opinion, of course.
    Wade365, Oct 29, 2003