The honesty that is MS.....

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by thingy, Oct 8, 2006.

  1. thingy

    thingy Guest

    BayStar, Goldfarb testifies, dumped SCO because its stock price,
    financial performance and the viability of its UNIX products all
    appeared to be in decline, and he "was also very concerned about SCO's
    high cash burn rate." Pure financial animals get nervous when that
    happens. But the kicker was he began to realize that Microsoft, whose
    senior VP of corporate development and strategy had promised that
    Microsoft would in some way guarantee the SCO investment, started
    showing signs it might not do that after all:

    "Mr. Emerson and I discussed a variety of investment structures
    wherein Microsoft would 'backstop,' or guarantee in some way, BayStar's
    investment.... Microsoft assured me that it would in some way guarantee
    BayStar's investment in SCO."

    Let me interrupt my narrative to quickly ask, Why ever would Microsoft
    guarantee BayStar's investment in SCO? What would be the business
    purpose here? What would Microsoft's benefit or payback be? What were
    they hoping for as the return on the investment? And why didn't they
    wish to invest directly? Pray do explain. Joke. Joke. Anyhow, after the
    investment was made, Goldfarb says, "Microsoft stopped returning my
    phone calls and emails, and to the best of my knowledge, Mr. Emerson was
    fired from Microsoft."

    So was this an exec over stepping the mark? or just following out his
    bosses "wishes"....how does it go? who will rid me of this priest? out
    pop a couple of knights and wallop a peaceful man gets dead....just
    cause a king wished it.....the similarities just dont miss me....

    So the knight in shining armour got sacked.....someone clicked he had
    just put MS is a bad position and he became the fall guy.....how lucky
    can you get.....

    Lets see, work for MS and get dumped.....do a deal with MS and get
    dumped....what a trend......

    ;]

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Oct 8, 2006

  2. thingy

    MaHogany Guest

    On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 21:06:34 +1300, thingy wrote:

    > Lets see, work for MS and get dumped.....do a deal with MS and get
    > dumped....what a trend......

    But wait there's more...

    Become a Business partner, and have the value of your product snatched
    out from under you... become a channel reseller, and get sued!

    Ma Hogany

    --
    "The average user doesn't know what he wants. The average user wants
    fries with that, if prompted."

    MaHogany, Oct 8, 2006

  3. In message <4528af43$>, thingy wrote:

    > [long unattributed quote]

    Is this <http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20061008-7932.html> where at
    least some of it came from?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 9, 2006
  4. In message <4528af43$>, thingy wrote:

    > [long unattributed quote]

    Groklaw, of course
    <http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=2006100801442692>.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 9, 2006