The Holy Shroud

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by gacrux, Jan 5, 2005.

  1. gacrux

    gacrux Guest

    Back from Africa, where I was a secular missionary in the Kayon
    Ghozi's leprosary (Burundi) because of health reasons, I wrote these
    lucky Flashes of mine, which got a resounding success ,on Turin's HOLY
    SHROUD.
    Prof. Harry Gove,which made the Holy Shroud date back to the
    middle-ages in 1988 by the method 14C, already in 1995, in the light
    on the latest scientific knowledge, realised that the dating was wrong
    ..
    The Mystery of the Holy Shroud print,which couldn't be made by men at
    all, must be correlated to the Mystery of the Resurrection of
    Jesus,Who was wrapped in the Holy Shroud after being buried and rose
    from the death in the Holy Shroud.
    The Faith we feel in our heart needn't any confirmation, but Turin's
    Holy Shroud becomes an unequivocal one, beyond our will.
    The end of my Flashes contains a twelve/thirteen lined brief
    synthesis of my life.

    Web site:
    www.lorenzocrescini.it/holyshroud
    personal e-mail for communications
    gacrux, Jan 5, 2005

  2. gacrux

    Stickems. Guest

    What a load of codswallop.

    Stickems., Jan 5, 2005

  3. gacrux

    Hammerer Guest

    "gacrux" <> wrote in message

    > Back from Africa, where I was a secular missionary in the Kayon
    > Ghozi's leprosary (Burundi) because of health reasons, I wrote these
    > lucky Flashes of mine, which got a resounding success ,on Turin's HOLY
    > SHROUD.
    > Prof. Harry Gove,which made the Holy Shroud date back to the
    > middle-ages in 1988 by the method 14C, already in 1995, in the light
    > on the latest scientific knowledge, realised that the dating was wrong
    > .
    > The Mystery of the Holy Shroud print,which couldn't be made by men at
    > all, must be correlated to the Mystery of the Resurrection of
    > Jesus,Who was wrapped in the Holy Shroud after being buried and rose
    > from the death in the Holy Shroud.
    > The Faith we feel in our heart needn't any confirmation, but Turin's
    > Holy Shroud becomes an unequivocal one, beyond our will.
    > The end of my Flashes contains a twelve/thirteen lined brief
    > synthesis of my life.

    Just makes you want to become a "Christian" . . . . doesn't it?!
    Hammerer, Jan 5, 2005
  4. gacrux

    D@z Guest

    codswallop was actually one of the three gifts brought by the wise men at
    the birth of Christ but was transposed to Frankinscence for aesthetic
    reasons back in the 13th century by monks who thought the spelling of Cod
    to be too close the spelling of God and may confuse the illiterate of the
    day. :)

    D@z, Jan 5, 2005
  5. gacrux

    Stickems. Guest

    I stand corrected "What a load of Frankinscence"

    "D@z" <> wrote in message
    | codswallop was actually one of the three gifts brought by the wise men at
    | the birth of Christ but was transposed to Frankinscence for aesthetic
    | reasons back in the 13th century by monks who thought the spelling of Cod
    | to be too close the spelling of God and may confuse the illiterate of the
    | day. :)
    |

    | "Stickems." <> wrote in message
    | > What a load of codswallop.
    | >

    | > "gacrux" <> wrote in message
    | > | Back from Africa, where I was a secular missionary in the Kayon
    | > | Ghozi's leprosary (Burundi) because of health reasons, I wrote these
    | > | lucky Flashes of mine, which got a resounding success ,on Turin's HOLY
    | > | SHROUD.
    | > | Prof. Harry Gove,which made the Holy Shroud date back to the
    | > | middle-ages in 1988 by the method 14C, already in 1995, in the light
    | > | on the latest scientific knowledge, realised that the dating was wrong
    | > | .
    | > | The Mystery of the Holy Shroud print,which couldn't be made by men at
    | > | all, must be correlated to the Mystery of the Resurrection of
    | > | Jesus,Who was wrapped in the Holy Shroud after being buried and rose
    | > | from the death in the Holy Shroud.
    | > | The Faith we feel in our heart needn't any confirmation, but Turin's
    | > | Holy Shroud becomes an unequivocal one, beyond our will.
    | > | The end of my Flashes contains a twelve/thirteen lined brief
    | > | synthesis of my life.
    | > |

    Stickems., Jan 5, 2005
  6. gacrux

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Then please explain to me why the shroud has a picture of a man with a
    beard, when the Bible tells us that the soldiers pulled Jesus' beard from
    his face?
    Hmmmm....

    Toolman Tim, Jan 6, 2005
  7. gacrux

    Plato Guest

    Stickems. wrote:

    > What a load of codswallop.

    grin, sounds like some harmless college boys playtime on the internet.
    Plato, Jan 6, 2005
  8. gacrux

    trout Guest

    gacrux wrote:

    > Back from Africa, where I was a secular missionary in the Kayon
    > Ghozi's leprosary (Burundi) because of health reasons, I wrote these
    > lucky Flashes of mine, which got a resounding success ,on Turin's HOLY
    > SHROUD.

    You wrote on the holy shroud? Holy ****; I bet you got in trouble
    for *that*.
    So, did you write something like "gacrux rules!", or just draw a
    mustache, or what?
    --
    "I'll bet you're the fucker that put all the holes in it, too."
    trout, Jan 6, 2005
  9. gacrux

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    | gacrux wrote:
    |
    | > Back from Africa, where I was a secular missionary in the Kayon
    | > Ghozi's leprosary (Burundi) because of health reasons, I wrote these
    | > lucky Flashes of mine, which got a resounding success ,on Turin's HOLY
    | > SHROUD.
    |
    | You wrote on the holy shroud? Holy ****; I bet you got in trouble
    | for *that*.
    | So, did you write something like "gacrux rules!", or just draw a
    | mustache, or what?

    Nah - he *clearly* said he wrote "these lucky Flashes of mine"... <g>
    Toolman Tim, Jan 6, 2005
  10. gacrux

    trout Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > "trout" <> wrote in message
    >> gacrux wrote:
    >>
    >>> Back from Africa, where I was a secular missionary in the Kayon
    >>> Ghozi's leprosary (Burundi) because of health reasons, I wrote these
    >>> lucky Flashes of mine, which got a resounding success ,on Turin's
    >>> HOLY SHROUD.

    >> You wrote on the holy shroud? Holy ****; I bet you got in trouble
    >> for *that*.
    >> So, did you write something like "gacrux rules!", or just draw a
    >> mustache, or what?

    > Nah - he *clearly* said he wrote "these lucky Flashes of mine"... <g>

    Gee, I feel silly, now. That's one of my favourite songs.
    --
    "But I thought it was written on drugs."
    trout, Jan 6, 2005
  11. I seem to recall watching a show where it was determined that the shroud
    could not be dated back any further than the 16 century... so it had to have
    been created in the 1500's sometime.
    There was also a very interesting, I thought, explanation about who could
    have created it and why. The theory puts Leanardo DaVinci in the center of
    it. He would certainly have had the ability, he was a man of unbelievable
    intelligence and imagination... but he also had a humurous side.
    Now, in this show they found that the shroud had the same qualities that
    would be found in photography... flat, undistorted, opposed to having the
    shroud wrapped around a face and then when laid out, distorted where it had
    rested on the sides of the face....
    Leonardo certainly could have pulled off an early idea of photograghy...
    and funny enough, when compared to known pictures of him, the face in the
    shroud does look like him. Mona Lisa, thought to be Leonardo's face...
    perhaps it's his MO... ???
    As for the motive, since Leonardo was classified as a pagan, he would
    hardly feel like he was being disrepectful to his God, he didn't believe in
    one. With all the superstitions of that time period, I could see how his
    sense of humor, sense of curiousity, might push him to see if he could fool
    the 'little minded' people... a joke that even today is still fooling
    people.
    It could be that the theory is wrong, but the dating is undeniable except
    to those who refuse to believe in science...
    It used to be said, or maybe still is, that science does not support
    religion, but I find the contrary to be true. Science tries to prove or
    disprove religion in countless ways, but they usually take a neutral stance
    for fairness. However, overly religious people (my definition), deny
    science, they deny what science proves or disproves, clinging to the
    ignorance of earlier generations...
    I once worked with a man who didn't believe in dinosaurs, but he believed
    in God whole heartedly.... What does it say in the Bible? "None is as blind
    as he who will not see... " And unfortunately, my words will probably not
    penetrate your ears, or be absorbed into your gray matter...
    Have a happy, limited life.
    PJ

    The Black Laced One, Jan 6, 2005
  12. gacrux

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, D@z mused:

    | codswallop was actually one of the three gifts brought by the wise men at
    | the birth of Christ but was transposed to Frankinscence for aesthetic
    | reasons back in the 13th century by monks who thought the spelling of Cod
    | to be too close the spelling of God and may confuse the illiterate of the
    | day. :)

    That, and the fact that the three wise men were known for their over
    gifting.
    mhicaoidh, Jan 6, 2005
  13. gacrux

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Toolman Tim mused:

    | Then please explain to me why the shroud has a picture of a man with a
    | beard, when the Bible tells us that the soldiers pulled Jesus' beard from
    | his face?

    Are you saying Jesus wore a fake beard?
    mhicaoidh, Jan 6, 2005
  14. gacrux

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "mhicaoidh" <®êmõvé_mhic_aoidh@hotÑîXmailSPäM.com> wrote in message
    > Taking a moment's reflection, Toolman Tim mused:
    > |
    > | Then please explain to me why the shroud has a picture of a man with a
    > | beard, when the Bible tells us that the soldiers pulled Jesus' beard
    > from
    > | his face?
    >
    > Are you saying Jesus wore a fake beard?

    Something to hide? Hmmm.... <g>
    Toolman Tim, Jan 6, 2005
  15. gacrux

    anthonyberet Guest

    "gacrux" <> wrote in message

    > lucky Flashes of mine, which got a resounding success ,on Turin's HOLY
    > SHROUD.
    > Prof. Harry Gove,which made the Holy Shroud date back to the
    > middle-ages in 1988 by the method 14C, already in 1995, in the light
    > on the latest scientific knowledge, realised that the dating was wrong

    Try this instead:
    http://www.timecube.com/
    anthonyberet, Jan 7, 2005
  16. gacrux

    anthonyberet Guest

    "Hammerer" <> wrote in message

    > "gacrux" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Back from Africa, where I was a secular missionary in the Kayon
    > > Ghozi's leprosary (Burundi) because of health reasons, I wrote these
    > > lucky Flashes of mine, which got a resounding success ,on Turin's HOLY
    > > SHROUD.
    > > Prof. Harry Gove,which made the Holy Shroud date back to the
    > > middle-ages in 1988 by the method 14C, already in 1995, in the light
    > > on the latest scientific knowledge, realised that the dating was wrong
    > > .
    > > The Mystery of the Holy Shroud print,which couldn't be made by men at
    > > all, must be correlated to the Mystery of the Resurrection of
    > > Jesus,Who was wrapped in the Holy Shroud after being buried and rose
    > > from the death in the Holy Shroud.
    > > The Faith we feel in our heart needn't any confirmation, but Turin's
    > > Holy Shroud becomes an unequivocal one, beyond our will.
    > > The end of my Flashes contains a twelve/thirteen lined brief
    > > synthesis of my life.
    > >

    > Just makes you want to become a "Christian" . . . . doesn't it?!

    mmmmmmm ... give this a read:
    http://amcop.blogspot.com/2005/01/choice-words.html
    anthonyberet, Jan 7, 2005
  17. gacrux

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "The Black Laced One" <> wrote in message
    | I seem to recall watching a show where it was determined that the shroud
    | could not be dated back any further than the 16 century... so it had to
    have
    | been created in the 1500's sometime.
    | There was also a very interesting, I thought, explanation about who could
    | have created it and why. The theory puts Leanardo DaVinci in the center
    of
    | it. He would certainly have had the ability, he was a man of unbelievable
    | intelligence and imagination... but he also had a humurous side.
    | Now, in this show they found that the shroud had the same qualities that
    | would be found in photography... flat, undistorted, opposed to having the
    | shroud wrapped around a face and then when laid out, distorted where it
    had
    | rested on the sides of the face....
    | Leonardo certainly could have pulled off an early idea of photograghy...
    | and funny enough, when compared to known pictures of him, the face in the
    | shroud does look like him. Mona Lisa, thought to be Leonardo's face...
    | perhaps it's his MO... ???
    | As for the motive, since Leonardo was classified as a pagan, he would
    | hardly feel like he was being disrepectful to his God, he didn't believe
    in
    | one. With all the superstitions of that time period, I could see how his
    | sense of humor, sense of curiousity, might push him to see if he could
    fool
    | the 'little minded' people... a joke that even today is still fooling
    | people.
    | It could be that the theory is wrong, but the dating is undeniable except
    | to those who refuse to believe in science...
    | It used to be said, or maybe still is, that science does not support
    | religion, but I find the contrary to be true. Science tries to prove or
    | disprove religion in countless ways, but they usually take a neutral
    stance
    | for fairness. However, overly religious people (my definition), deny
    | science, they deny what science proves or disproves, clinging to the
    | ignorance of earlier generations...
    | I once worked with a man who didn't believe in dinosaurs, but he believed
    | in God whole heartedly....

    heh heh .... and just what did he think the words "behemoth" and "leviathan"
    applied to in the books of Job and Psalms? I believe the origins of the word
    'dinosaur' are much later than the early translations of scriptures (and
    never mind the *bones*)

    | What does it say in the Bible? "None is as blind
    | as he who will not see... " And unfortunately, my words will probably not
    | penetrate your ears, or be absorbed into your gray matter...

    "If any man has ears to hear, let him hear."

    | Have a happy, limited life.
    | PJ

    Having a strong background in 'religion' and still believing in practical
    application of science, I find your comments (and the spirit of them) quite
    refreshing ! It's not really necessary for unbelievers to rant about
    religious topics, nor is it any wiser for 'fanatics' to rant about their
    position on the issues. Honestly, I'm surprised this thread didn't set off a
    much bigger argument <g>

    <snipped>
    Toolman Tim, Jan 7, 2005
  18. gacrux

    Hammerer Guest

    "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message

    > "Hammerer" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "gacrux" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Back from Africa, where I was a secular missionary in the Kayon
    > > > Ghozi's leprosary (Burundi) because of health reasons, I wrote these
    > > > lucky Flashes of mine, which got a resounding success ,on Turin's HOLY
    > > > SHROUD.
    > > > Prof. Harry Gove,which made the Holy Shroud date back to the
    > > > middle-ages in 1988 by the method 14C, already in 1995, in the light
    > > > on the latest scientific knowledge, realised that the dating was wrong
    > > > .
    > > > The Mystery of the Holy Shroud print,which couldn't be made by men at
    > > > all, must be correlated to the Mystery of the Resurrection of
    > > > Jesus,Who was wrapped in the Holy Shroud after being buried and rose
    > > > from the death in the Holy Shroud.
    > > > The Faith we feel in our heart needn't any confirmation, but Turin's
    > > > Holy Shroud becomes an unequivocal one, beyond our will.
    > > > The end of my Flashes contains a twelve/thirteen lined brief
    > > > synthesis of my life.
    > > >

    > > Just makes you want to become a "Christian" . . . . doesn't it?!
    > >

    > mmmmmmm ... give this a read:
    > http://amcop.blogspot.com/2005/01/choice-words.html

    DeLay is the kind of dickless fucknut who should be made dead. He's about as
    "Christian" as my left testicle. And I can assure you that's not very
    "Christian" at all. My right one, by the way, is the same.
    Hammerer, Jan 7, 2005
  19. anthonyberet wrote:
    > "gacrux" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>lucky Flashes of mine, which got a resounding success ,on Turin's HOLY
    >>SHROUD.
    >>Prof. Harry Gove,which made the Holy Shroud date back to the
    >>middle-ages in 1988 by the method 14C, already in 1995, in the light
    >>on the latest scientific knowledge, realised that the dating was wrong

    > Try this instead:
    > http://www.timecube.com/

    Have to admit, there's another theology that makes as much sense as most.
    --
    Talk about a steaming pile of codswallop!
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 7, 2005
  20. gacrux

    Old Gringo Guest

    gacrux wrote:
    > Back from Africa, where I was a secular

    A man is stumbling through the woods totally drunk when he comes upon a
    preacher baptizing people in the river. He proceeds to walk into the
    water
    and subsequently bumps into the preacher.

    The preacher turns around and is almost overcome by the smell of alcohol,
    whereupon he asks the drunk, "Are you ready to find Jesus?" The drunk
    answers, "Yes, I am."

    So the preacher grabs him and dunks him in the water. He pulls him up and
    asks the drunk, "Brother, Have you found Jesus?" The drunk replies,
    "No, I
    haven't found Jesus."

    The preacher shocked at the answer, dunks him into the water again for a
    little longer this time. He again pulls him out of the water and asks
    again,
    "Have you found Jesus, my brother?" The drunk again answers, "No, I
    haven't
    found Jesus."

    By this time the preacher is at his wits end and dunks the drunk in the
    water again---but this time holds him down for about 30 seconds and
    when he
    begins kicking his arms and legs he pulls him up. The preacher again asks
    the drunk, "For the love of God, have you found Jesus?"

    The drunk wipes his eyes and catches his breath and says to the
    preacher,"Are you sure this is where he fell in?

    --
    Old Gringo George

    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Old Gringo, Jan 7, 2005