The Hidden Wiki is Gone ... so do I have to join a mailing list?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by riprock, Jun 8, 2007.

  1. riprock

    riprock Guest

    I had wanted to find out about who is posting web pages that require
    TOR to be viewed.

    http://6sxoyfb3h2nvok2d.onion/

    just has a sad little message that says, "The hidden Wiki is gone."

    There are some resources at:

    http://www.aolsearchin.com/
    but some of them appear to be completely out of date. Maybe some are
    current but not showing up right now.

    I guess this means I might have to join the mailing list at:

    http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/

    in order to get fun TOR urls to view.

    If anyone has any resources on fun TOR-specific URLs to surf, I'm
    listening.
    Thanks.

    riprock, Jun 8, 2007

  2. riprock

    Guest

    On Jun 8, 5:07 pm, riprock <> wrote:
    > I had wanted to find out about who is posting web pages that require
    > TOR to be viewed.
    >
    > http://6sxoyfb3h2nvok2d.onion/
    >
    > just has a sad little message that says, "ThehiddenWikiisgone."
    >
    > There are some resources at:
    >
    > http://www.aolsearchin.com/
    > but some of them appear to be completely out of date. Maybe some are
    > current but not showing up right now.
    >
    > I guess this means I mighthavetojointhemailinglistat:
    >
    > http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/
    >
    > in order to get fun TOR urls to view.
    >
    > If anyone has any resources on fun TOR-specific URLs to surf, I'm
    > listening.
    > Thanks.

    http://shareall.i2p.tin0.de/frontpage
    here is the copy of front page of this wiki
    and searchengines:
    http://nnqtnsoohprzqcke.onion/
    http://2vkpt4pelhbu7yfw.onion:8181/
    and forum
    http://l6nvqsqivhrunqvs.onion/

    , Jun 15, 2007

  3. riprock

    Sebastian G. Guest

    Sebastian G., Jun 15, 2007
  4. "Sebastian G." <> wrote:

    > > here is the copy of front page of this wiki
    > > and searchengines:
    > > http://nnqtnsoohprzqcke.onion/
    > > http://2vkpt4pelhbu7yfw.onion:8181/
    > > and forum
    > > http://l6nvqsqivhrunqvs.onion/

    > STFU!

    STFU yourself, Zonenseppl.

    > .onion is not a valid TLD,

    TLDs are merely a logical concept and need to be seen in context. Any TLD
    is valid if your DNS resolver knows how to resolve it. Any TLD is valid if
    you don't resolve it yourself but instead pass it on to some other program,
    able to make the connection. Like a SOCKS 4a proxy does with Tor.

    > and anyone refusing to resolve it dos the right thing.

    It's funny how you even spell with an accent.

    Anyone refusing to resolve it just isn't smart enough to know how to
    resolve it.

    > Heck, even if I configured my DNS server to forward such
    > requests through a TOR proxy, it would still proclaim issue with
    > non-root-delegation, wrong DNSSEC replies etc.

    Germans. Always in the habit of proclaiming something.

    And guess what, newer versions of Tor come with a built-in DNS resolver.
    Just point your resolv.conf at your Tor client and enjoy anonymised
    queries. It knows about .onion and will do the whole magic IP mapping for
    you in the future.

    You said so little with so many words. What was your point exactly?

    Borked Pseudo Mailed, Jun 16, 2007