    I would like to find a copy of this movie with the DTS soundtrack.Does
    anyone have this or know where I can find it? Thanks
    , Oct 24, 2005

  2. Large Farva Guest

    Large Farva, Oct 24, 2005

  3. It's a forty-year-old movie. I don't think DTS would make much difference.
    The Man With No Name, Oct 25, 2005
  4. Dick Sidbury Guest

    The Man With No Name wrote:
    > It's a forty-year-old movie. I don't think DTS would make much difference.

    There's a newer worse version that came out sometime about 5 years ago
    or so.

    dick
    -- and probably DTS wouldn't help it either, jmho.
    Dick Sidbury, Oct 25, 2005
  5. jayembee Guest

    "The Man With No Name" <> wrote:

    > It's a forty-year-old movie. I don't think DTS would make
    > much difference.

    There's nothing inherent about a 40-year-old movie that prevents
    its soundtrack from being improved by DTS. The soundtrack for
    the equally old LAWRENCE OF ARABIA is stunning in DTS, for
    example.

    The problem with THE HAUNTING, with respect to DTS, isn't
    that it's 40 years old, but that the soundtrack is monaural.

    But I suspect the O.P. was referring to the relatively recent remake.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Oct 26, 2005
  6. Rich Guest

    On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 00:37:46 GMT, jayembee
    <> wrote:

    >"The Man With No Name" <> wrote:
    >
    >> It's a forty-year-old movie. I don't think DTS would make
    >> much difference.

    >There's nothing inherent about a 40-year-old movie that prevents
    >its soundtrack from being improved by DTS. The soundtrack for
    >the equally old LAWRENCE OF ARABIA is stunning in DTS, for
    >example.
    >
    >The problem with THE HAUNTING, with respect to DTS, isn't
    >that it's 40 years old, but that the soundtrack is monaural.
    >
    >But I suspect the O.P. was referring to the relatively recent remake.
    >
    >-- jayembee

    I wish they still did 0.1 mono instead of 2.0 mono DVDs.
    It adds little if anything to the enjoyment of the movie.
    But it is a sales tool.
    -Rich
    Rich, Oct 26, 2005
  7. Large Farva Guest

    "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > "The Man With No Name" <> wrote:
    >
    >> It's a forty-year-old movie. I don't think DTS would make
    >> much difference.

    > There's nothing inherent about a 40-year-old movie that prevents
    > its soundtrack from being improved by DTS. The soundtrack for
    > the equally old LAWRENCE OF ARABIA is stunning in DTS, for
    > example.
    >
    > The problem with THE HAUNTING, with respect to DTS, isn't
    > that it's 40 years old, but that the soundtrack is monaural.
    >
    > But I suspect the O.P. was referring to the relatively recent remake.

    Yes, I'm sure he was asking about the 1999 movie, which I linked to.
    Large Farva, Oct 26, 2005
  8. Nick Guest

    Oh dear....the old one is far better than that remake, even if the remake
    has got Catherine Zeta-Jones in...

    Nick, Oct 26, 2005