    with a rating like that. There are few that
    come to mind. It's SO much easier with
    an R.
    rander3127, Oct 6, 2004

  2. rander3127

    Zimmy Guest

    Yea, but how about those extras and DTS track!

    Zimmy, Oct 6, 2004

  3. rander3127

    Mike Jackson Guest

    >I was hoping it would be a bit stronger.
    > Movies with this kind of subject need to
    > be very well written in order to be effective
    > with a rating like that. There are few that
    > come to mind. It's SO much easier with
    > an R.

    I bet the studio will have it both ways: the theatrical release will be
    PG-13 to maximize ticket sales, and on DVD you'll get that cut and another
    release that's either R or unrated. Just wait for the DVD; with ticket
    prices and theater annoyances, it's almost better that way anyway.

    Mike Jackson
    Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
    www.dvdverdict.com
    Mike Jackson, Oct 6, 2004
  4. rander3127

    rander3127 Guest

    On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 08:27:08 -0700, "Mike Jackson"
    <> wrote:

    >>I was hoping it would be a bit stronger.
    >> Movies with this kind of subject need to
    >> be very well written in order to be effective
    >> with a rating like that. There are few that
    >> come to mind. It's SO much easier with
    >> an R.

    >I bet the studio will have it both ways: the theatrical release will be
    >PG-13 to maximize ticket sales, and on DVD you'll get that cut and another
    >release that's either R or unrated. Just wait for the DVD; with ticket
    >prices and theater annoyances, it's almost better that way anyway.
    >
    >Mike Jackson
    >Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
    >www.dvdverdict.com

    I mistakenly posted that message her but what
    you say makes alot of sense.
    -Rich
    rander3127, Oct 6, 2004
  5. who cares? the original was yet another overrated Japanese horror film that
    American studios have inexplicably decided to remake
    Vlvetmorning98, Oct 7, 2004
  6. rander3127

    Jordan Lund Guest

    (Vlvetmorning98) wrote in message news:<>...
    > who cares? the original was yet another overrated Japanese horror film that
    > American studios have inexplicably decided to remake

    I thought the original Japanese creator was involved in the U.S.
    production (a first.)

    - Jordan
    Jordan Lund, Oct 7, 2004
  7. >I thought the original Japanese creator was involved in the U.S.
    >production (a first.)
    >
    >- Jordan

    this is true, but the original is nothing to scream about
    Vlvetmorning98, Oct 8, 2004
  8. rander3127

    Wade365 Guest

    << >I thought the original Japanese creator was involved in the U.S.
    >production (a first.)
    >
    >- Jordan

    this is true, but the original is nothing to scream about >><BR><BR>

    Raimi and his buddies hired the original director and they decided to keep the
    story in Japan, etc. but the truth is if you don't "get" Japanese ghost stories
    (meaning, you at least try to see things the way they see them and not with
    "More Gore" Western mentality), this isn't for you. Watching the original,
    unless you've had some backround in Japanese culture, you're going to be
    underwhelmed by what you see... but in Japan this series (yes, there are a
    whole mess of movies and made-for-tv productions of this same story, just like
    "The Ring") had great impact based on Japanese beliefs, for them the horror is
    much more palpable concerning a haunting. The series did really well and yes,
    Raimi and crew may be capitalizing on a fad by re-making a Japanese horror
    movie, but from what I've read I tend to doubt it.

    They paid for this guy to re-make his own film and give it greater distribution
    because Raimi truly BELIEVES in the director... I'm sure if there were a way to
    fit Sarah Michelle into the original (ala Raymond Burr?) some unscrupulous
    weasel would have proposed that, but to allow all of the principle actors,
    director, and even film crews work on their own creation? That's love.

    Sam loves Japanese horror and he hopes you will too... just go into it with an
    open mind and you may find chills where you least expect them.
    Wade365, Oct 9, 2004
  9. rander3127

    Larry Gold Guest

    is the original any good?

    --
    Larry.gold
    Arsenal For Life

    Larry Gold, Oct 11, 2004
  10. rander3127

    Jordan Lund Guest

    (Wade365) wrote in message news:<>...

    > Sam loves Japanese horror and he hopes you will too... just go into it with an
    > open mind and you may find chills where you least expect them.

    PG-13 or not, that shower scene in the commercial with the knuckles
    poking out the back of her head gave me the permanent creeps.

    - Jordan
    Jordan Lund, Oct 11, 2004
  11. rander3127

    Kevin Guest

    Jordan Lund <> wrote:
    > > Sam loves Japanese horror and he hopes you will too... just go into it with an
    > > open mind and you may find chills where you least expect them.

    > PG-13 or not, that shower scene in the commercial with the knuckles
    > poking out the back of her head gave me the permanent creeps.

    I got the creeps from the commercial scene with the creepy girl with the big
    black circles for eyes and a mouth. *shudder*
    Kevin, Oct 14, 2004