The great Amercian road trip

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, May 11, 2008.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    http://roadtrip08.1littleworld.com/

    Unlike the guys who just completed a whirlwind 5 day trip through 48
    states, my version will take a lot longer and I will cover 50 states!
    And most of Canada, maybe.

    Having inherited enough money so that I don't have to work for a few
    years, this year is seeing the countryside without any game plan of
    any kind. I've already been from Wisconsin to Washington DC and Los
    Angeles.

    Tomorrow afternoon I board the plane and will finally set foot in
    Hawaii tomorrow evening. By doing so, that will mean I have been in
    all 50 states at least once in my lifetime.

    I was in Alaska in 1969 before the AlCan highway was paved. Now I plan
    on doing the trip again. But with the roadway paved with asphalt. We
    drove up to Anchorage and took the ferry back. I plan on taking the
    ferry up and driving back. Wonder who I'll meet on this trip? In 1969
    I had the fortune to meet the author Louis Lamour. As he was
    researching for his upcoming book.

    I should have more photos up later today.
    richard, May 11, 2008

  2. richard

    olfart Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > http://roadtrip08.1littleworld.com/
    >
    > Unlike the guys who just completed a whirlwind 5 day trip through 48
    > states, my version will take a lot longer and I will cover 50 states!
    > And most of Canada, maybe.
    >
    > Having inherited enough money so that I don't have to work for a few
    > years, this year is seeing the countryside without any game plan of
    > any kind. I've already been from Wisconsin to Washington DC and Los
    > Angeles.
    >
    > Tomorrow afternoon I board the plane and will finally set foot in
    > Hawaii tomorrow evening. By doing so, that will mean I have been in
    > all 50 states at least once in my lifetime.
    >
    > I was in Alaska in 1969 before the AlCan highway was paved. Now I plan
    > on doing the trip again. But with the roadway paved with asphalt. We
    > drove up to Anchorage and took the ferry back. I plan on taking the
    > ferry up and driving back. Wonder who I'll meet on this trip? In 1969
    > I had the fortune to meet the author Louis Lamour. As he was
    > researching for his upcoming book.
    >
    > I should have more photos up later today.

    who gives a flying f***
    olfart, May 11, 2008

  3. richard

    elaich Guest

    elaich, May 12, 2008
  4. richard

    Snit Guest

    "richard" <> stated in post
    on 5/11/08 11:28 AM:

    > http://roadtrip08.1littleworld.com/
    >
    > Unlike the guys who just completed a whirlwind 5 day trip through 48
    > states, my version will take a lot longer and I will cover 50 states!
    > And most of Canada, maybe.
    >
    > Having inherited enough money so that I don't have to work for a few
    > years, this year is seeing the countryside without any game plan of
    > any kind. I've already been from Wisconsin to Washington DC and Los
    > Angeles.
    >
    > Tomorrow afternoon I board the plane and will finally set foot in
    > Hawaii tomorrow evening. By doing so, that will mean I have been in
    > all 50 states at least once in my lifetime.
    >
    > I was in Alaska in 1969 before the AlCan highway was paved. Now I plan
    > on doing the trip again. But with the roadway paved with asphalt. We
    > drove up to Anchorage and took the ferry back. I plan on taking the
    > ferry up and driving back. Wonder who I'll meet on this trip? In 1969
    > I had the fortune to meet the author Louis Lamour. As he was
    > researching for his upcoming book.
    >
    > I should have more photos up later today.

    Sounds like a great trip. I have done a couple of smaller road trips -
    mostly the Pacific coast but also a Greyhound Bus trip from Las Vegas to New
    York and back. Lots of fun but nothing to to the extent of what you are
    talking about.

    Do you have plans on making your web site better to show off your travels?

    --
    Prescott Computer Guy: Michael Glasser
    http://prescottcomputerguy.org
    Snit, May 12, 2008
  5. richard

    Snit Guest

    "richard" <> stated in post
    on 5/12/08 12:01 AM:

    > On Sun, 11 May 2008 23:05:23 -0700, Snit
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> "richard" <> stated in post
    >> on 5/11/08 11:28 AM:
    >>
    >>> http://roadtrip08.1littleworld.com/
    >>>
    >>> Unlike the guys who just completed a whirlwind 5 day trip through 48
    >>> states, my version will take a lot longer and I will cover 50 states!
    >>> And most of Canada, maybe.
    >>>
    >>> Having inherited enough money so that I don't have to work for a few
    >>> years, this year is seeing the countryside without any game plan of
    >>> any kind. I've already been from Wisconsin to Washington DC and Los
    >>> Angeles.
    >>>
    >>> Tomorrow afternoon I board the plane and will finally set foot in
    >>> Hawaii tomorrow evening. By doing so, that will mean I have been in
    >>> all 50 states at least once in my lifetime.
    >>>
    >>> I was in Alaska in 1969 before the AlCan highway was paved. Now I plan
    >>> on doing the trip again. But with the roadway paved with asphalt. We
    >>> drove up to Anchorage and took the ferry back. I plan on taking the
    >>> ferry up and driving back. Wonder who I'll meet on this trip? In 1969
    >>> I had the fortune to meet the author Louis Lamour. As he was
    >>> researching for his upcoming book.
    >>>
    >>> I should have more photos up later today.

    >> Sounds like a great trip. I have done a couple of smaller road trips -
    >> mostly the Pacific coast but also a Greyhound Bus trip from Las Vegas to New
    >> York and back. Lots of fun but nothing to to the extent of what you are
    >> talking about.
    >>
    >> Do you have plans on making your web site better to show off your travels?

    > I've looked at numerous packaged stuff and just don't like them.
    > Besides, most of them are written with some of the crappiest code I've
    > seen. My coding ain't the best but it's simple and straight forward.
    >
    > Somewhere along the way I may dress it up a bit better.

    If you have access to a Mac the newer versions of iWeb are actually pretty
    good - as is RapidWeaver. I am mostly a Dreamweaver user, myself, and that
    runs on both Windows and OS X but is hardly cheap.

    Snit, May 12, 2008
  6. richard

    elaich Guest

    richard <> wrote in news:h5qf249c692q00ut26g87jqd87r3lli8t3@
    4ax.com:

    > My coding ain't the best but it's simple and straight forward

    And it's just fine. Who needs baubles and bangles to post road trip pics?
    The first thing I have to do to most of them is to use my "zap annoyances"
    script to get rid of all the garbage so I can actually read the dang thing.
    elaich, May 12, 2008