    will be the option to hear the Afrikaans portions with subtitles, rather
    than dubbed into English.

    Colin
    Colin Caulkins, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Colin Caulkins wrote:

    > I've been notified by Amazon.com that The Gods Must be Crazy is set to be
    > released in r1 in February.

    Well, either that, or all those "February 2004" default glitches from
    three years ago are finally catching up with them...

    Derek Janssen (egad, this makes me feel old)
    Derek Janssen, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Colin Caulkins

    Brett Bayne Guest

    This is what I wanna know. When I first saw
    TGMBC in the theaters, I enjoyed it very much.
    Then I saw it later, possibly on video, and it
    had been completely re-dubbed with different
    actors' voices. What's up with that? I want to
    see the original version again.
    Brett Bayne, Nov 17, 2003
  4. Derek Janssen <> wrote:
    > Colin Caulkins wrote:

    >> I've been notified by Amazon.com that The Gods Must be Crazy is set to be
    >> released in r1 in February.

    > Well, either that, or all those "February 2004" default glitches from
    > three years ago are finally catching up with them...

    I think now it must have been some sort of glitch. I just re-checked the
    page on Amazon and it no longer gives a February release date or the
    option to pre-order. Instead, it's gone back to the old "The studio is
    currently not producing this title on DVD" boilerplate. Crap.

    Colin
    Colin Caulkins, Nov 20, 2003
  5. Brett Bayne <> wrote:

    > This is what I wanna know. When I first saw
    > TGMBC in the theaters, I enjoyed it very much.
    > Then I saw it later, possibly on video, and it
    > had been completely re-dubbed with different
    > actors' voices. What's up with that? I want to
    > see the original version again.

    Not having seen it in the theater, I wasn't aware that it had been
    entirely re-dubbed for video by different actors. I had assumed that
    only the Afrikaans portions had been looped in English. This is all the
    more reason why TGMBC needs to get a decent release on DVD, but it looks
    like that won't happen any time soon.

    Colin
    Colin Caulkins, Nov 20, 2003
  6. >Oops, my mistake....Whadjaknow'boutthat?: ^_^
    >http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-video/archive/2003/11_24.html
    >
    >(And just because they're blackmailing you into buying Gods II with it
    >doesn't mean you have to watch it--
    >N!xau didn't want to make the sequel, and it shows.)

    The second one is funny. Sigh, more DVDs to add to the list. I guess I'll
    head on down to Wal-Mart and stock up on Ramen noodle for next year's
    sustenance.

    Remove "moc" to reply.

    Whoever says "Nothing is impossible" has never tried to slam a
    revolving door.
    - Willy Walker
    Sydney Assbasket, Nov 25, 2003
  7. Colin Caulkins wrote:

    >>>I've been notified by Amazon.com that The Gods Must be Crazy is set to be
    >>>released in r1 in February.

    >>Well, either that, or all those "February 2004" default glitches from
    >>three years ago are finally catching up with them...

    > I think now it must have been some sort of glitch.

    Oops, my mistake....Whadjaknow'boutthat?: ^_^
    http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-video/archive/2003/11_24.html

    (And just because they're blackmailing you into buying Gods II with it
    doesn't mean you have to watch it--
    N!xau didn't want to make the sequel, and it shows.)

    Derek Janssen
    Derek Janssen, Nov 25, 2003
  8. Colin Caulkins

    Mike McGee Guest

    In article <>, Colin Caulkins
    <> wrote:

    > I've been notified by Amazon.com that The Gods Must be Crazy is set to be
    > released in r1 in February. This information came none too soon, as I
    > had been considering buying the bare-bones, full-frame South African
    > release. Does anyone know if the r1 is going to be anamorphic widescreen?
    > What about a commentary? I suppose it's too much to hope for that there
    > will be the option to hear the Afrikaans portions with subtitles, rather
    > than dubbed into English.
    >
    > Colin

    The release will be a double-feature with Part I and Part II on the
    same DVD. Yes, they will be anamorphic. However, there's no commentary
    track.

    The included subtitles will be:
    English, Chinese, French, Japanese, Korean, Portugeuse, Spanish, Thai

    Here's a link to the press release, with the full details/specs and
    cover art image:

    http://www.thedigitalreview.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=471

    --
    Mike McGee
    Mike McGee, Nov 25, 2003
  9. >The release will be a double-feature with Part I and Part II on the
    >same DVD. Yes, they will be anamorphic. However, there's no commentary
    >track.

    Yes! So long, crappy pan-and-scan VHS tapes!

    Now if Columbia just wouldn't **** up the transfer...

    Sydney Assbasket, Nov 26, 2003