The generosity of Bill Gates

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by String, Aug 3, 2006.

  1. String

    String Guest

    Subject: PLEASE READ! IT WAS ON THE TODAY SHOW

    Worth a try...

    To all of my friends, I do not usually forward messages, I'm an
    attorney, and I know the law. This thing is for real. Rest assured AOL
    and Intel will follow through with their promises for fear of facing a
    multimillion-dollar class action suit similar to the one filed by
    Pepsi Co against General Electric not too long ago.

    Dear Friends; Please do not take this for a junk letter. Bill Gates
    is sharing his fortune. If you ignore this, you will regret it
    later... Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies and
    in an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the most
    widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta
    test. When you forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and will
    track it (If you are a Microsoft Windows user) for a two weeks time
    period. For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft
    will pay you $245.00 for every person that you sent it to that
    forwards it on, Microsoft will pay you $243.00 and for every third
    person that receives it, you will be paid $241.00. Within two weeks,
    Microsoft will contact you via email for your mailing address and then
    send you a check.

    PS. I thought this was a scam myself. But two weeks after receiving
    this e-mail and forwarding it on, Microsoft contacted me for my
    address and within days, I received a check for $24,800.00. You need
    to respond before the beta testing is over. If anyone can afford this,
    Bill Gates is the man. It's all marketing expense to him. Please
    forward this to as many people as possible. You are bound to get at
    least $10,000.00 We're not going to help them out with their e-mail
    beta test without getting a little something for our time. My
    brother's girlfriend got in on this a few months ago. When I went to
    visit him for the Baylor/UT game she showed me her check. It was for
    the sum of $4,324.44 and was stamped "Paid in full" Like I said
    before, I know the law, and this is for real.
    String, Aug 3, 2006

  2. String

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 23:55:39 +1200, String <>
    exclaimed:

    > Subject: PLEASE READ! IT WAS ON THE TODAY SHOW
    >
    >Worth a try...

    No, it's not.
    Fred Dagg, Aug 3, 2006

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    > On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 23:55:39 +1200, String <>
    > exclaimed:
    >
    > > Subject: PLEASE READ! IT WAS ON THE TODAY SHOW
    > >
    > >Worth a try...

    > No, it's not.

    At least this one doesn't make people pay out for the money-making
    venture that doesn't exist.

    Why do people all over the world fall for this sort of thing ? OK, I
    know the answer - greed !!

    (FYI - there's slightly different version of the Nigerian scam
    mentioned here
    http://www.forumspring.com/freetalkscotlan/viewtopic.php?t=366&mforum=freetalkscotlan
    - not a will, not an investment but male modelling fees)
    freetalkscotland, Aug 3, 2006
  4. This a very old hoax, it has done the rounds before.

    If memory serves me right the last time it was around to deceive the
    gullible was about 5 years ago

    Patrick
    Patrick FitzGerald, Aug 3, 2006
  5. String

    Barry Lennox Guest

    On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 23:55:39 +1200, String <> wrote:

    > Subject: PLEASE READ! IT WAS ON THE TODAY SHOW
    >
    >Worth a try...

    Sure, the following is much better:

    BILLY CONNOLLY'S CHAIN LETTER

    Helloo, my name is Billy and I suffer from guilt for not forwarding 50
    billion fucking chain letters sent to me by people who actually
    believe if you send them on, a poor six year old girl in Scotland with
    a breast on her forehead will be able to raise enough money to have it
    removed before her redneck parents sell her to a travelling freak
    show.
    And, do you honestly believe that Bill Gates is going to give you, and
    everyone to whom you send "his" email, $1000?
    How stupid are we?
    Ooooh, looky here! If I scroll down this page and make a wish, I'll
    get laid by a model I just happen to run into the next day!
    What a bunch of bullshit.
    Maybe the evil chain letter leprechauns will come into my house and
    sodomize me in my sleep for not continuing a chain letter that was
    started by St Peter in 5AD and brought to this country by midget
    pilgrim stowaways on the Endeavour.
    **** 'em!!
    If you're going to forward something, at least send me something
    mildly amusing.
    I've seen all the "send this to 10 of your closest friends, and this
    poor, wretched excuse for a human being will somehow receive a nickel
    from some omniscient being" forwards about 90 times.
    I don't fucking care.
    Show a little intelligence and think about what you're actually
    contributing to by sending out these forwards. Chances are, it's our
    own unpopularity.
    The point being?
    If you get some chain letter that's threatening to leave you shagless
    or luckless for the rest of your life, delete it.
    If it's funny, send it on.
    Don't piss people off by making them feel guilty about a leper in
    Botswana with no teeth who has been tied to the arse of a dead
    elephant for 27 years and whose only salvation is the 5 cents per
    letter he'll receive if you forward this email.
    Now forward this to everyone you know. Otherwise, tomorrow morning
    your underwear will turn carnivorous and will consume your genitals.
    Have a nice day.
    Billy Connolly
    P.S: Send me 15 bucks and then **** off
    Barry Lennox, Aug 3, 2006
  6. Barry Lennox wrote:

    > P.S: Send me 15 bucks and then **** off

    A touch subtle?.
    --
    grumpy
    grumpyoldhori, Aug 3, 2006
  7. String

    Charles Foot Guest

    String wrote:
    > Subject: PLEASE READ! IT WAS ON THE TODAY SHOW
    >
    > Worth a try...
    >
    > To all of my friends, I do not usually forward messages, I'm an
    > attorney, and I know the law. This thing is for real. Rest assured AOL
    > and Intel will follow through with their promises for fear of facing a
    > multimillion-dollar class action suit similar to the one filed by
    > Pepsi Co against General Electric not too long ago.
    >
    > Dear Friends; Please do not take this for a junk letter. Bill Gates
    > is sharing his fortune. If you ignore this, you will regret it
    > later... Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies and
    > in an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the most
    > widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta
    > test. When you forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and will
    > track it (If you are a Microsoft Windows user) for a two weeks time
    > period. For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft
    > will pay you $245.00 for every person that you sent it to that
    > forwards it on, Microsoft will pay you $243.00 and for every third
    > person that receives it, you will be paid $241.00. Within two weeks,
    > Microsoft will contact you via email for your mailing address and then
    > send you a check.
    >
    > PS. I thought this was a scam myself. But two weeks after receiving
    > this e-mail and forwarding it on, Microsoft contacted me for my
    > address and within days, I received a check for $24,800.00. You need
    > to respond before the beta testing is over. If anyone can afford this,
    > Bill Gates is the man. It's all marketing expense to him. Please
    > forward this to as many people as possible. You are bound to get at
    > least $10,000.00 We're not going to help them out with their e-mail
    > beta test without getting a little something for our time. My
    > brother's girlfriend got in on this a few months ago. When I went to
    > visit him for the Baylor/UT game she showed me her check. It was for
    > the sum of $4,324.44 and was stamped "Paid in full" Like I said
    > before, I know the law, and this is for real.

    Deja Moo (I've heard this bull before)
    Charles Foot, Aug 3, 2006
  8. On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 10:16:27 +1200, Charles Foot
    <> wrote:

    >Deja Moo (I've heard this bull before)

    LOL:

    Patrick