    archival. HD DVD-RAM will hold 20 gigabytes per layer intended for
    data storage, including HD video. So when will it be available? Don't
    hold your breath.

    Just Visiting, Jan 25, 2008

  2. On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 02:43:22 GMT, Just Visiting
    <> wrote:

    >So when will it be available? Don't
    >hold your breath.

    Actually, you should go ahead and hold yours... Please.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Jan 25, 2008

  3. Just Visiting

    Mike Ray Guest

    Just Visiting wrote:
    > With built-in error control and a defect management system, HD DVD-RAM
    > is considered a highly reliable format with technology related to hard
    > disk and floppy disk. HD DVD-RAMs can be accessed just like a hard or
    > floppy disk and usually without any special software. For this reason,
    > it makes an excellent source for general data storage, backup and
    > archival. HD DVD-RAM will hold 20 gigabytes per layer intended for
    > data storage, including HD video. So when will it be available? Don't
    > hold your breath.

    I hope that is true because I have had great success with SD DVD-RAM
    disks in my Panasonic DMR-EZ47K recorder, plus I can just load the disk
    into my laptop to edit an re-burn. In fact I have yet to burn anything
    but DVD-RAM disk in the panny.
    -Mike

    Mike Ray, Jan 25, 2008