    discussion on whether or not he was insane. That could be an endless
    discussion. I just want to know what he called the fox.
    , Dec 17, 2006

  2. Jerry Guest

    wrote:
    > I am trying to find what Timothy Treadwell called the fox that came to
    > his campsite. Did he have a name for the fox? I'm not trying to start a
    > discussion on whether or not he was insane. That could be an endless
    > discussion. I just want to know what he called the fox.

    Ghost

    I can see why. These people, as noted, are movie geeks, and Grizzly Man
    is packed with the sorts of moments that I have heard called "pure
    cinema." Werner Herzog notes that this is what drew him to this
    project: it's not that he had any inherent interest in bears, but
    rather that Treadwell had amazing footage. We see the expected
    spectacular scenery and amazing shots of bears fighting and hunting,
    but also moments that no screenwriter would have invented, such as the
    scene in which Treadwell, filming inside his tent, starts poking at the
    pawprints that have appeared on the ceiling, and then goes outside to
    find that a little fox has jumped on top of the tent. At another point,
    a fox whom Treadwell has named "Ghost" steals Treadwell's hat and we
    are treated to a POV shot of Treadwell chasing the fox through the
    forest shrieking, "Oh, goddammit! Oh, I can't be-lieve this! Gho-o-ost!
    Ghost, where's that fucking hat? If it's in a den I'm gonna fuckin'
    explode! It's not okay for you to steal it! Ohh, man! Ohhh, man!"

    http://adamcadre.ac/calendar/11725.html
    Jerry, Dec 17, 2006

  3. Von Fourche Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I am trying to find what Timothy Treadwell called the fox that came to
    > his campsite. Did he have a name for the fox? I'm not trying to start a
    > discussion on whether or not he was insane. That could be an endless
    > discussion. I just want to know what he called the fox.

    Anybody know if the audio of his death is on the net?
    Von Fourche, Dec 17, 2006
  4. TH Guest

    Von Fourche wrote:

    > Anybody know if the audio of his death is on the net?

    I don't know but that's my favorite scene in the movie; when he tells
    the former girlfriend she should destroy the tape and you can see this
    look on her face of "if I do, no one will ever talk to me because it's
    all I have in my boring life and this is the most attention I've ever
    recieved."

    Why the former girlfriend, who had absolutely nothing to do with
    anything, was given this stuff is still a mystery.
    TH, Dec 18, 2006
  5. Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, TH
    <> wrote:

    > Von Fourche wrote:
    > >

    > > Anybody know if the audio of his death is on the net?

    > I don't know but that's my favorite scene in the movie; when he tells
    > the former girlfriend she should destroy the tape and you can see this
    > look on her face of "if I do, no one will ever talk to me because it's
    > all I have in my boring life and this is the most attention I've ever
    > recieved."
    >
    > Why the former girlfriend, who had absolutely nothing to do with
    > anything, was given this stuff is still a mystery.

    It was probably in his will.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Dec 18, 2006
  6. TH Guest

    Invid Fan wrote:

    > > Why the former girlfriend, who had absolutely nothing to do with
    > > anything, was given this stuff is still a mystery.
    > >

    > It was probably in his will.

    I doubt it when both his parents were still alive and well and close to
    him and very supportive. Why would he leave his belongings to someone
    he had nothing to do with? In the movie, we see the guy say "I'm giving
    this to you..." Looks like it was the filmmaker's decision, not
    Treadwells.
    TH, Dec 18, 2006