The first BluRay Disc is ...

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Goro, Nov 19, 2005.

  1. Goro

    Goro Guest

    CHARLIE'S ANGELS 2 : FULL THROTTLE

    http://www.aviransplace.com/index.p...ony-completes-first-full-length-blu-ray-disc/

    Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) president Benjamin S. Feingold
    today announced that authoring has been completed on the first Blu-ray
    Disc (BD) to contain a full-length, high-definition feature film.
    Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle was compressed and authored in MPEG 2
    full high-definition (1920 x 1080) by Sony Pictures' Digital
    Authoring Center (DAC) and is now being shipped to BD hardware
    companies for player testing.

    Utilizing Blu-ray's unprecedented storage capacity, the Charlie's
    Angels: Full Throttle disc features dynamic menus with full resolution
    graphics and animation, superior audio and unparalleled picture
    quality. "We are confident this achievement will help everyone
    understand that Blu-ray is real and poised to enter the marketplace,"
    said Mr. Feingold. "Blu-ray will bring the highest quality HD
    experience possible to the home."

    "We are extremely proud to deliver on the promise of Blu-ray. This is
    an important step for our industry in order to begin mass production of
    high-definition movies in the Blu-ray format in the near future,"
    said Don Eklund, Senior Vice President, Advanced Technologies, Sony
    Pictures Home Entertainment.

    ---

    This is like SUPERBIT-HD : The best possible version of the worst
    possible films. WE ARE SONY!!!!

    And i guess they wanted to ensure that no one pirated this disc...
    Who'd want to?!

    -goro-

    Goro, Nov 19, 2005

  2. Goro

    Guest

    That's so like Sony, to make the first thing on a beautiful new format
    one of the crappiest pictures of all time just because they own it.
    Blahh!

    -beaumon

    , Nov 21, 2005

  3. Goro

    SBFan2000 Guest

    My thoughts exactly! Got a chuckly when I read that they used CA: FT.

    SBFan2000, Nov 23, 2005