    or should I just buy the movie itself. We've talked about this for many
    years on this group so perhaps now there is a good version of a great movie,
    right?
    Jimbo700, Apr 24, 2004

  2. I got the single disc edition (if I had know about the 2 disc I would've
    gotten that) and the video/audio quality is perfectly fine. A solid
    anamorphic widescreen transfer.

    Best,
    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Apr 24, 2004

  3. Jimbo700

    TSKO Guest

    All I can say is....they done did it right this time..

    TSKO, Apr 25, 2004
  4. That's it Jimbo700 I'm sick and tired of this crap!
    Now someone hit my music....
    > I was in a Sam Goody's store yesterday and I saw the new release of
    > "The Final Countdown" DVD from Blue Underground.
    > It was available in a 2 disc Special Edition (with disc 1 a widescreen
    > version of the movie and disc 2 containing bonus features), and a 1
    > disc movie only package..
    > I read all of the comments here regarding the PFE DVD so I didn't buy
    > it, but this new version even has the THX logo, so the picture and
    > audio quality must be decent at best. Do any of you have any
    > experience with it? If so, how is the picture and sound? Is the SE
    > with bonus disc worth the extra $5 or should I just buy the movie
    > itself. We've talked about this for many years on this group so
    > perhaps now there is a good version of a great movie, right?

    Yes its worth the extra $5 for the SE. In this case I got mine at
    Circuit City for $19.99 and I enjoyed the extras. Like I said,
    well worth it. :)

    --
    Demolition Man
    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Apr 25, 2004
  5. Jimbo700

    Gram Guest

    "Jimbo700" <> wrote in message news:<c6ep8e$1at7$>...
    > I was in a Sam Goody's store yesterday and I saw the new release of "The
    > Final Countdown" DVD from Blue Underground.
    > It was available in a 2 disc Special Edition (with disc 1 a widescreen
    > version of the movie and disc 2 containing bonus features), and a 1 disc
    > movie only package..
    > I read all of the comments here regarding the PFE DVD so I didn't buy it,
    > but this new version even has the THX logo, so the picture and audio quality
    > must be decent at best. Do any of you have any experience with it? If so,
    > how is the picture and sound? Is the SE with bonus disc worth the extra $5
    > or should I just buy the movie itself. We've talked about this for many
    > years on this group so perhaps now there is a good version of a great movie,
    > right?

    The picture and sound on the Blue Underground disc are outstanding.
    And even if you don't watch any of the special features on disc 2, I
    think the 3d hologram cover that only comes on the 2-disc set is worth
    the extra $5!
    Gram, Apr 26, 2004