    500 doesn't hold Ty back from dusting the opposition.

    <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/dusted.htm>

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Nov 4, 2007

  2. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Pat Guest

    On Nov 4, 10:56 am, Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
    > Yes sports fans, once again the Fabulous 500 holds it own against all
    > obstacles. Even with a crappy background and the mediocre bokeh of the Fab
    > 500 doesn't hold Ty back from dusting the opposition.
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/dusted.htm>
    >
    > Rita

    The only comment I would make -- and I don't want to start a flaming
    war -- is that you should get the kid's helmet adjusted. His chin is
    awfully exposed and getting hit on the chin is the quickest way to a
    concussion. Also, teach him to keep his chin down, more.

    I didn't have much time to grab a photo, so this is the first one I
    saw. Look at the replationship of the helmet to chin to face-mask.
    http://www.salamancasports.com/2007...dget_1/IMG_0247.JPG.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=2

    Anyway, nice picture.

    P.S. My son plays full-back, so he never sees an open field. Usually
    it's 3 or 4 yards up the middle. Here's what he considers having
    space around him:
    http://www.salamancasports.com/2007...ayoff2/IMG_1784.JPG.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=2
    and linebacker on defense
    http://www.salamancasports.com/2007...ayoff2/IMG_1775.JPG.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=2

    Pat, Nov 4, 2007

  3. Pat wrote:

    >> Yes sports fans, once again the Fabulous 500 holds it own against all
    >> obstacles. Even with a crappy background and the mediocre bokeh of
    >> the Fab 500 doesn't hold Ty back from dusting the opposition.
    >>
    >> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/dusted.htm>

    > The only comment I would make -- and I don't want to start a flaming
    > war -- is that you should get the kid's helmet adjusted. His chin is
    > awfully exposed and getting hit on the chin is the quickest way to a
    > concussion. Also, teach him to keep his chin down, more.

    Thanks for the excellent pointers. Constructive criticism is always
    welcome. I think once the coach from each team review the photos they will
    see what is happening and what is not happening and take corrective action.
    Some of these little items of concern aren't really visible to us till after
    the fact. The nice thing about photos is you always see something you
    missed when looking at it live.

    > I didn't have much time to grab a photo, so this is the first one I
    > saw. Look at the replationship of the helmet to chin to face-mask.
    > http://www.salamancasports.com/2007...dget_1/IMG_0247.JPG.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=2
    >
    > Anyway, nice picture.

    Thanks.

    > and linebacker on defense
    > http://www.salamancasports.com/2007...ayoff2/IMG_1775.JPG.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=2

    I really like the action in this shot. What's really nice is these kids
    play harder and have more spirit than most NFL players.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Nov 4, 2007
  4. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    M-M Guest

    In article <>,
    Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:

    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/dusted.htm>

    Looks like an awful lot of chromatic aberration for such a swell lens.

    --
    m-m

    M-M, Nov 5, 2007
  5. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Douglas Guest

    "M-M" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
    >
    >> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/dusted.htm>

    > Looks like an awful lot of chromatic aberration for such a swell lens.
    >
    > --
    > m-m

    It's not CA. Next guess?

    Douglas

    Douglas, Nov 5, 2007
  6. "Douglas" <> wrote in message

    > "M-M" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <>,
    >> Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/dusted.htm>

    >> Looks like an awful lot of chromatic aberration for such a swell lens.
    >>
    >> --
    >> m-m

    > It's not CA. Next guess?
    >
    > Douglas

    badly used blur tool........

    Don Hirschberg

    Atheist Chaplain, Nov 5, 2007
  7. M-M wrote:

    >> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/dusted.htm>

    > Looks like an awful lot of chromatic aberration for such a swell lens.

    Sorry, not with the Fabulous 500. Canon is guilty of many flaws in their L
    glass, but CA isn't one of them on the old 500/4L IS. The bokeh is for
    crap, that's it.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Nov 5, 2007
  8. Atheist Chaplain wrote:

    >>> Looks like an awful lot of chromatic aberration for such a swell

    >> It's not CA. Next guess?

    > badly used blur tool........

    BINGO!!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

    This is called "Tennessee bokeh" for the people that didn't catch it. It's
    an old hillbilly technique used to cover shortcomings in poor quality L
    glass. I confess, I learned it from a certain someone in this group.

    My next goal is to get images with that painted on watercolor look that is
    so animated.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Nov 5, 2007
  9. "Rita Ä Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message

    >>> It's not CA. Next guess?

    >> badly used blur tool........

    > BINGO!!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!
    >
    > This is called "Tennessee bokeh" for the people that didn't catch it.
    > It's
    > an old hillbilly technique used to cover shortcomings in poor quality L
    > glass. I confess, I learned it from a certain someone in this group.
    >
    > My next goal is to get images with that painted on watercolor look that is
    > so animated.
    >

    > Rita

    Cash prize, or just the warm glow of winning ;-)

    Don Hirschberg

    Atheist Chaplain, Nov 5, 2007
  10. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    M-M Guest

    In article <>,
    Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:

    > M-M wrote:
    >
    > >> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/dusted.htm>

    > > Looks like an awful lot of chromatic aberration for such a swell lens.

    > Sorry, not with the Fabulous 500. Canon is guilty of many flaws in their L
    > glass, but CA isn't one of them on the old 500/4L IS. The bokeh is for
    > crap, that's it.

    I'm not talking about bokeh. I was referring to the purple fringing
    where the white borders the black.

    --
    m-m

    M-M, Nov 5, 2007
  11. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Nov 5, 9:30 am, M-M <> wrote:

    > I'm not talking about bokeh. I was referring to the purple fringing
    > where the white borders the black.

    When you are dealing with fools like Rita and D-Mac, who don't know
    how to use Photoshop properly, you're liable to see all kinds of messy
    things in their pics.
    For them, shooting JPGs with a cheap point-and-shoot would be a better
    choice.

    Annika1980, Nov 5, 2007
  12. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Ryadia Guest

    On Nov 6, 1:09 am, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > On Nov 5, 9:30 am, M-M <> wrote:
    >

    > > I'm not talking about bokeh. I was referring to the purple fringing
    > > where the white borders the black.

    > When you are dealing with fools like Rita and D-Mac, who don't know
    > how to use Photoshop properly, you're liable to see all kinds of messy
    > things in their pics.
    > For them, shooting JPGs with a cheap point-and-shoot would be a better
    > choice.

    Interesting hypothesis Bret.
    This coming from the village idiot who though my use an alienskin
    plugin to add some lightning to the shot: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/27848862
    was real "cool" stuff when you thought you'd be such a fantastic
    SHOOTIN manager! ROTFL at that one. Who rules with that one mate?

    Every time you have a go at other people, you stick your foot further
    down your throat. I reckon pretty soon you'll need colostomy bag just
    hold your spare shoes!.LOL!!

    D-Mac

    Ryadia, Nov 6, 2007