    like a drunken hobo on a saturday night...

    THANKS!!!
    Ashley

    =?Utf-8?B?QXNobGV5?=, Jun 5, 2005

  2. Ashley,

    I just went thorugh this with my D-Link wireless router. I had to call
    D-link and get them to walk me thorugh the process of adding an IP address on
    my laptop. For some reason my laptop computer could not receive the IP
    address from the router. In my case, I also had to disconnect the USB cable
    that connected my cable modem to the back of my computer. The cable modem
    had to be connected with an ethernet cable to the router and the router had
    to be connected with another ethernet cable to the back of my desktop
    computer in order for the wireless router to work. If your modem and your
    router are connected properly chances are the laptop computer does not have
    the proper IP address. This is accomplished by going to My Computer then
    Network Connections. Right click on the Wireless Connection and choose
    Properties. You will see a window with Client for Microsoft Network and File
    and Printer Sharing and finally Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). Highlight
    Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties. If there are no addresses
    in this area on your laptop this is your problem, and only your Wireless
    Router manufacturer can help you.

    JML

    =?Utf-8?B?Sk1M?=, Jun 5, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QXNobGV5?=

    Clark Guest

    There are also quite a few "how tos" on the Linksys site. It may not be
    your router, but the principals are close. They even have pictures! ;-)

    I would ask you, though, do you know where to look for the signal strength
    your laptop is receiving. Which OS are you using? Do you know how to use
    the Ping command, or ipconfig /all?

    Do you know if you have any security turned on, like WEP?

    Clark

    Clark, Jun 5, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QXNobGV5?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    May be this can Help.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jun 6, 2005
  5. The other day I was sitting in the living room with my laptop and everything
    was working just fine. Later that evening, I booted up my laptop and I wasn't
    getting any sign of any networks available, especially mine. Apparently when
    I was shutting down my laptop (the first time) I had flipped a little switch
    on the side which turned off my wireless capabilities. When I finally
    realized that, I flipped it back on and was able to see my network
    broadcasting and connected with no problem.

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9k?=, Jun 7, 2005