    ways to do it... but I'm keeping one for myself (D70 Owner), and
    selling the rest on e-bay for less than the guys in Hong Kong or UK...

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3847318140
    Brian, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Brian

    Paul Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > My apologies for annoying anyone with this, but as hard as these are
    > to find, I did find 10 of them for the MSRP of $18, and had to drive a
    > ways to do it... but I'm keeping one for myself (D70 Owner), and
    > selling the rest on e-bay for less than the guys in Hong Kong or UK...

    <snip>

    Just one word <greed> no wonder you can not get them
    Paul, Oct 19, 2004

  3. "Brian" <> wrote in message

    > My apologies for annoying anyone with this, but as hard as these are
    > to find, I did find 10 of them for the MSRP of $18, and had to drive a
    > ways to do it... but I'm keeping one for myself (D70 Owner), and
    > selling the rest on e-bay for less than the guys in Hong Kong or UK...
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3847318140

    Maybe eBay will cancel this auction for spamming...

    ---

    Darrell Larose, Oct 19, 2004
  4. Brian

    Brian Guest

    On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:13:58 -0400, "Darrell Larose" <>
    wrote:

    >"Brian" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> My apologies for annoying anyone with this, but as hard as these are
    >> to find, I did find 10 of them for the MSRP of $18, and had to drive a
    >> ways to do it... but I'm keeping one for myself (D70 Owner), and
    >> selling the rest on e-bay for less than the guys in Hong Kong or UK...
    >>
    >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3847318140

    >Maybe eBay will cancel this auction for spamming...

    No offense... but how is mentioning my e-bay auction in one single
    usenet group, without any other e-mails or posts related to it to any
    other individuals or newsgroups.... spam?

    Quite frankly I actually thought some folks might be interested. I'm
    not exactly going to retire on selling 9 remotes by the way...
    Brian, Oct 19, 2004
  5. "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:13:58 -0400, "Darrell Larose" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"Brian" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> My apologies for annoying anyone with this, but as hard as these are
    > >> to find, I did find 10 of them for the MSRP of $18, and had to drive a
    > >> ways to do it... but I'm keeping one for myself (D70 Owner), and
    > >> selling the rest on e-bay for less than the guys in Hong Kong or UK...
    > >>
    > >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3847318140

    > >Maybe eBay will cancel this auction for spamming...

    > No offense... but how is mentioning my e-bay auction in one single
    > usenet group, without any other e-mails or posts related to it to any
    > other individuals or newsgroups.... spam?

    When it violates both the newsgroup charter (no commercial posts) and eBay
    own regulations... ergo SPAM!!! They aren't that hard to find.

    ---

    Darrell Larose, Oct 19, 2004
  6. Brian

    Mick Brown Guest

    Not that I care weather or not it was posted here, but I can tell you I went
    through hell trying to find one, I had to drive into the city, walk into the
    camera store and ask for one.....then (and you arnt going to believe this),
    I had to wait at least....3 minutes while they got one out of stock, it was
    the most frustrating 3 minutes of my life...

    Seriously for a second, personally I think Nikon should supply them with the
    camera, i know I got one with the Canon G2 & G5 I had. Does Canon supply a
    remote with their latest DSLR's? Then again no one ever supplied them with
    film cams.

    --
    Michael Brown
    Melbourne Australia

    Mick Brown, Oct 19, 2004
  7. Brian

    Jeremy Nixon Guest

    Brian <> wrote:

    > No offense... but how is mentioning my e-bay auction in one single
    > usenet group, without any other e-mails or posts related to it to any
    > other individuals or newsgroups.... spam?

    It's not. Unfortunately, some people have gotten the idea that "spam"
    means "advertisement" or indeed "anything I don't like".

    However, eBay ads are discouraged here, so you're likely to get some
    flak for posting it. It is indeed unwelcome (though not "spam"). I
    mean, if you think about it, if everyone who listed something on eBay
    posted about it here, it would quickly reduce this newsgroup to a
    smoking crater. There is a marketplace group for it.

    --
    Jeremy |
    Jeremy Nixon, Oct 19, 2004
  8. Brian

    [BnH] Guest

    You missed the boat.
    Me and a few other eBAYer were unloading hundreds of D70 remote a while back
    for AUD 22 [ ~USD 15 ] only.
    I wish I can sell them at USD 30 :p

    =bob=

    [BnH], Oct 20, 2004
  9. Brian

    Brian Guest

    On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:37:20 -0000, Jeremy Nixon <>
    wrote:

    >Brian <> wrote:
    >
    >> No offense... but how is mentioning my e-bay auction in one single
    >> usenet group, without any other e-mails or posts related to it to any
    >> other individuals or newsgroups.... spam?

    >It's not. Unfortunately, some people have gotten the idea that "spam"
    >means "advertisement" or indeed "anything I don't like".
    >
    >However, eBay ads are discouraged here, so you're likely to get some
    >flak for posting it. It is indeed unwelcome (though not "spam"). I
    >mean, if you think about it, if everyone who listed something on eBay
    >posted about it here, it would quickly reduce this newsgroup to a
    >smoking crater. There is a marketplace group for it.

    We share the same dictionary... and thanks for the clarification on
    the posting of e-bay stuff.

    I'll refrain from that in the future...

    As for the earlier poster about Nikon including them with the
    camera... I totally agree... it should be part of the package...
    manufacturing cost on these couldn't possible exceed a couple of
    bucks.
    Brian, Oct 20, 2004
  10. Brian

    Brian Guest

    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:09:23 +1000, "[BnH]" <b18[at]ii[dot]net> wrote:

    >You missed the boat.
    >Me and a few other eBAYer were unloading hundreds of D70 remote a while back
    >for AUD 22 [ ~USD 15 ] only.
    >I wish I can sell them at USD 30 :p

    We'll see... they are selling, however.
    Brian, Oct 20, 2004