    Aardvark Guest

    <http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39596616,00.htm>

    :)

    Aardvark, Jan 19, 2009

  2. Aardvark

    elaich Guest

    §ñühw¤£f <> wrote in news:t96dnTzJw-HRO-
    :

    > They just built backdoors into their software for the NSA :)

    Since Firefox is in bed with Google, how do we know backdoors aren't built
    into it as well? I trust Google about 1% better than I do Microsoft.

    I recently downloaded a new browser to try - Lunascape. What was the first
    site it tried to connect to, without any interaction by me? Some page on
    google.com. And, no, it was not search.google.com. My firewall told me
    that.
    elaich, Jan 20, 2009

  3. elaich wrote:

    > §ñühw¤£f <> wrote in news:t96dnTzJw-HRO-
    > :
    >
    >> They just built backdoors into their software for the NSA :)

    > Since Firefox is in bed with Google, how do we know backdoors aren't
    > built into it as well? I trust Google about 1% better than I do
    > Microsoft.
    >
    > I recently downloaded a new browser to try - Lunascape. What was the
    > first site it tried to connect to, without any interaction by me? Some
    > page on google.com. And, no, it was not search.google.com. My firewall
    > told me that.

    Remember Firefox by default sends URLs to Google as well, when phishing
    and malware filter (security tab) is checked.
    Of course, it only sends URLs not yet in a local database.
    wisdomkiller @ pain, Jan 20, 2009
  4. Aardvark

    catchme Guest

    elaich wrote:
    > ??w?f <> wrote in news:t96dnTzJw-HRO-
    > :
    >
    >> They just built backdoors into their software for the NSA :)

    > Since Firefox is in bed with Google, how do we know backdoors aren't built
    > into it as well? I trust Google about 1% better than I do Microsoft.
    >
    > I recently downloaded a new browser to try - Lunascape. What was the first
    > site it tried to connect to, without any interaction by me? Some page on
    > google.com. And, no, it was not search.google.com. My firewall told me
    > that.

    firefox is not "in bed" with Google- that falls to google's own browser,
    Google Chrome.
    Firefox IS, however, an evolution from Netscape.
    catchme, Jan 20, 2009
  5. Aardvark

    Guest

    catchme <> wrote:

    >firefox is not "in bed" with Google- that falls to google's own browser,
    >Google Chrome.
    >Firefox IS, however, an evolution from Netscape.

    FYI, FireFox started as mozilla, I didn't download it (mozilla) when
    it was first released, as I thought it was a fancy term program :)

    As for Netscape, it was those against them - the Open source split
    from Netscape, so they could work on something totally different
    -FireFox -

    I don't think they can use anything from Netscape as that was all
    under contract - Firefox was a start over.
    --

    More signs
    http://eightsolid.com/24-very-strange-funny-signs/