The Epson R300 Available!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by TibbySF, Dec 21, 2003.

  1. TibbySF

    TibbySF Guest

    TibbySF, Dec 21, 2003

  2. TibbySF

    Mark B. Guest

    "TibbySF" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > The Epson R300 is now available at
    >
    > http://www.digitalgamut.com/.
    >
    > Just to let you know, it is so hard to find!

    No it's not. I saw it at 2 different retail stores last weekend - one was
    Best Buy, I think the other was Office Max.

    Mark
    Mark B., Dec 21, 2003

  3. TibbySF

    GAH Guest

    ....And just under their price for it?

    Quote: "Due to the printer's size and weight shipping and insurance charge
    is $25 in the continental US."

    Nah.... I'll wait till after Christmas when the stores have them. I don't
    do inflated shipping charges.

    Greg

    GAH, Dec 21, 2003
  4. TibbySF

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Dec 21, 2003
  5. I wonder when they say "continental US", do they really mean that? Or do they mean "contiguous US".

    Alaska IS on the same "continent" as the lower 48, but I bet when I tell them I want it shipped to Alaska the price will be much
    greater than the $25. Shoot, I can't get flash memory shipped here for less that $25!

    Steve

    Steve Colburn, Dec 21, 2003
  6. TibbySF

    ArtKramr Guest

    >Subject: Re: The Epson R300 Available!
    >From: "Steve Colburn"
    >Date: 12/20/03 9:25 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >I wonder when they say "continental US", do they really mean that? Or do
    >they mean "contiguous US".
    >
    >Alaska IS on the same "continent" as the lower 48, but I bet when I tell them
    >I want it shipped to Alaska the price will be much
    >greater than the $25. Shoot, I can't get flash memory shipped here for less
    >that $25!
    >
    >Steve
    >
    >"GAH" <> wrote in message
    >> ...And just under their price for it?
    >>
    >> Quote: "Due to the printer's size and weight shipping and insurance charge
    >> is $25 in the continental US."
    >>

    >> Nah.... I'll wait till after Christmas when the stores have them. I don't
    >> do inflated shipping charges.
    >>

    >> Greg
    >>

    >> "TibbySF" <> wrote in message
    >> > The Epson R300 is now available at
    >> >
    >> > http://www.digitalgamut.com/.
    >> >
    >> > Just to let you know, it is so hard to find!

    I bought mine last week at Fry's. $169,00. Great printer.

    Arthur Kramer
    344th BG 494th BS
    Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer
    ArtKramr, Dec 21, 2003
  7. TibbySF

    TibbySF Guest

    This is not an inflated shipping charge - the package is 22 lbs, and
    quite large. The combination of both the size and weight makes it
    expensive to ship - ususally $22 for a shipment to the east coast
    (they're shipped from Fresno, CA), but it is more to the Northeast.

    Small web retailers working with small margines cannot eat up the
    shipping charge like large ones can - besides that the large ones have
    a number of warehouses which makes it cheaper.

    TibbySF, Dec 21, 2003
  8. TibbySF

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Dec 22, 2003