The end is near for Blu-Ray and HD-DVD (I hope)

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by RichA, May 25, 2005.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, May 25, 2005

  2. RichA

    Billy Joe Guest

    In ref:

    RichA <> wrote:

    > I've love to see Toshiba, Sony, Warner shut out.
    >
    > http://www.physorg.com/news4249.html

    This article is somewhat reminiscent of
    http://www.textfiles.com/humor/simp.txt

    We really need a name for sub wavelength - ripplelength perhaps?

    Never-the-less, I wish Iomega well. Having used some of their
    products in the past, I truly look forward to a $7,000 blank,
    write once, high density DVD ;-0)

    BJ
    Billy Joe, May 25, 2005

  3. RichA wrote:
    > I've love to see Toshiba, Sony, Warner shut out.
    >
    > http://www.physorg.com/news4249.html

    If its like any Iomega stuff it will stink. I remember when I install
    drivers for my second IDE Zip drive and it KILLED Windows 98, and I had to
    reinstall Windows. The first IDE Zip drive will kill the computer at the
    BIOS level, so I would have to reset BIOS, lucky I did get a replacement.
    No matter what happens, you won't see it replacing DVDs, no matter the DVD
    version.
    Quantum Leaper, May 25, 2005
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 08:42:30 GMT, "Quantum Leaper"
    <> wrote:

    >RichA wrote:
    >> I've love to see Toshiba, Sony, Warner shut out.
    >>
    >> http://www.physorg.com/news4249.html

    >If its like any Iomega stuff it will stink. I remember when I install
    >drivers for my second IDE Zip drive and it KILLED Windows 98,

    Blaming anything other than Windows 98 for Windows 98 idiosyncracies
    is probably a mistake.
    -Rich
    RichA, May 25, 2005
  5. RichA

    Howard Guest

    RichA <> wrote in news:p1k991pc4r5rpqitrc9nkrra5oo8r4du2c@
    4ax.com:

    > Blaming anything other than Windows 98 for Windows 98 idiosyncracies
    > is probably a mistake.
    > -Rich

    However, blaming Iomega for sucking ass is entirely correct.

    . Cabal# 24601-fnord | Sleep is irrelevant.
    Howard, May 26, 2005
  6. RichA

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, "Billy Joe" <> wrote:
    >In ref:
    >
    >RichA <> wrote:
    >
    >> I've love to see Toshiba, Sony, Warner shut out.
    >>
    >> http://www.physorg.com/news4249.html

    >This article is somewhat reminiscent of
    >http://www.textfiles.com/humor/simp.txt
    >
    >We really need a name for sub wavelength - ripplelength perhaps?
    >
    >Never-the-less, I wish Iomega well. Having used some of their
    >products in the past, I truly look forward to a $7,000 blank,
    >write once, high density DVD ;-0)
    >
    >BJ

    Dont forget that after a while the drive will begin clicking and the data will
    no longer be recoverable!!!
    GMAN, May 30, 2005