    http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/11830/fujifilm_finepix_f40fd/

    K202

    , Jan 5, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > Cannot say how dissapointed[sic] i am, that FF have released a new in
    > the F series, but with STILL ONLY 3x ZOOM

    Like practically every other compact sized camera on the market - your
    point being?

    > Also no image stabiliser.

    given the choice of IS or a decent high ISO capability, I'd pick high
    ISO every time. IS is fine if the subject doesn't move, but if the
    subject does move high ISO is far more useful.
    >No AA battery.

    and if it did have AA batteries, 50% of people would complain that it
    had no LiIon battery. In a compact sized camera LiIon is a big advantage
    because it keeps size and weight down.

    > FAIL FAIL FAIL

    I looked at the specs and thought PASS PASS PASS

    > The end looks near for antique style XD Cards, all new FF cameras now
    > have dual slots, so SD Cards can be used.I think XD will be deleted

    This is a good move. Fuji's adherence to XD has been a thorn in their
    side - XD is slower, and more expensive than SD. Many people are turned
    off buying Fuji because of the XD card.

    > No interest in FF any more, not prepared to wait any longer, will go
    > with the world's # 1 brand Canon, A710IS is the real deal.

    ROFL.
    Since there are no F40 images on dpreview yet, why not have a look at
    some of the images the F30 is capable of, compared to the A710IS.
    Here's a couple at ISO 800:
    http://img2.dpreview.com/gallery/fujifinepixf30_samples/originals/dscf0470.jpg
    and
    http://img2.dpreview.com/gallery/canona710is_samples/originals/img_0288.jpg
    The fuji is noticeably less noisy, and much sharper than the Canon.
    Here's the F30 at ISO 3200:
    http://img2.dpreview.com/gallery/fujifinepixf30_samples/originals/dscf0790.jpg
    Not perfect, but pretty damned good considering the ISO - you'd need a
    DSLR to get better at that ISO.

    Graham Fountain, Jan 5, 2007

  3. SimonLW Guest

    "" <> wrote in message
    > Cannot say how dissapointed[sic] i am, that FF have released a new in
    > the F series, but with STILL ONLY 3x ZOOM
    >
    > Also no image stabiliser.No AA battery.
    >
    > FAIL FAIL FAIL
    >
    > The end looks near for antique style XD Cards, all new FF cameras now
    > have dual slots, so SD Cards can be used.I think XD will be deleted
    >
    > No interest in FF any more, not prepared to wait any longer, will go
    > with the world's # 1 brand Canon, A710IS is the real deal.
    >
    > http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/11830/fujifilm_finepix_f40fd/
    >
    > K202

    Putting a 4x or more lens on such a camera with a relatively large sensor
    means the lens would have to be very slow or rather large. I do prefer AAs
    in such compact cameras. Don't care for all the flash cards now. Less is
    better.
    -S

    SimonLW, Jan 5, 2007