The dude in the bunker - leave him alone?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ben, Jan 26, 2008.

  1. Ben

    Ben Guest

    http://www.pbase.com/image/92141776

    See the guy in the red shirt obscured by the flowers in the bottom
    left bunker? Leave him in or work him out? A friend is going to sell
    a print of this in his wine shop, and I'm on the fence here. If he
    was not obscured by the flowers, or if he was taking a swing, I'd be
    apt to leave him in. As it stands, I'm not so sure...

    Thx...
     
    Ben, Jan 26, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Ben wrote:
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/92141776
    >
    > See the guy in the red shirt obscured by the flowers in the bottom
    > left bunker? Leave him in or work him out? A friend is going to sell
    > a print of this in his wine shop, and I'm on the fence here. If he
    > was not obscured by the flowers, or if he was taking a swing, I'd be
    > apt to leave him in. As it stands, I'm not so sure...
    >
    > Thx...


    I agree. Clean as possible...the focus is not bottom left...it's top
    centre right.

    --
    Graham Waiffers

    The poster formerly known as Roger Thaat, Watson deMeneux or Jack Skwaht.
     
    Graham Waiffers, Jan 26, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Ben

    Scott W Guest

    On Jan 26, 7:50 am, Ben <> wrote:
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/92141776
    >
    > See the guy in the red shirt obscured by the flowers in the bottom
    > left bunker?  Leave him in or work him out?  A friend is going to sell
    > a print of this in his wine shop, and I'm on the fence here.  If he
    > was not obscured by the flowers, or if he was taking a swing, I'd be
    > apt to leave him in.  As it stands, I'm not so sure...
    >
    > Thx...


    I would take him out.

    Scott
     
    Scott W, Jan 26, 2008
    #3
  4. Ben

    Ben Guest

    On Jan 26, 12:45 pm, Scott W <> wrote:
    > On Jan 26, 7:50 am, Ben <> wrote:
    >
    > >http://www.pbase.com/image/92141776

    >
    > > See the guy in the red shirt obscured by the flowers in the bottom
    > > left bunker?  Leave him in or work him out?  A friend is going to sell
    > > a print of this in his wine shop, and I'm on the fence here.  If he
    > > was not obscured by the flowers, or if he was taking a swing, I'd be
    > > apt to leave him in.  As it stands, I'm not so sure...

    >
    > > Thx...

    >
    > I would take him out.
    >
    > Scott


    I took him out...w/ extreme prejudice:

    http://www.pbase.com/sigphotography/image/92141776
     
    Ben, Jan 26, 2008
    #4
  5. Ben

    Tom D Guest

    "Ben" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/92141776
    >
    > See the guy in the red shirt obscured by the flowers in the bottom
    > left bunker? Leave him in or work him out?


    I'd take him out. As it stands, you can barely tell that it is a person
    there. His presence doesn't add anything to the shot. And the red shirt is
    a distraction, IMO. Like you said, if he was out in the open, it would be
    different.

    -=- Tom
     
    Tom D, Jan 26, 2008
    #5
  6. Ben

    WW Guest

    On Jan 26, 12:50 pm, Ben <> wrote:
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/92141776
    >
    > See the guy in the red shirt obscured by the flowers in the bottom
    > left bunker? Leave him in or work him out? A friend is going to sell
    > a print of this in his wine shop, and I'm on the fence here. If he
    > was not obscured by the flowers, or if he was taking a swing, I'd be
    > apt to leave him in. As it stands, I'm not so sure...
    >
    > Thx...


    NO... I don't see him & don't care.
     
    WW, Jan 26, 2008
    #6
  7. Ben

    david s-a Guest

    Ben wrote:
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/92141776
    >
    > See the guy in the red shirt obscured by the flowers in the bottom
    > left bunker? Leave him in or work him out? A friend is going to sell
    > a print of this in his wine shop, and I'm on the fence here. If he
    > was not obscured by the flowers, or if he was taking a swing, I'd be
    > apt to leave him in. As it stands, I'm not so sure...
    >
    > Thx...



    Oh..THAT guy!! Forget him..it is the guy in the rubber dinghy behind the
    rocks that has me worried...I think he is looking for his balls. That's
    quite distracting.

    cheers
    david
     
    david s-a, Jan 26, 2008
    #7
  8. Ben

    Ben Guest

    On Jan 26, 2:10 pm, WW <> wrote:
    > On Jan 26, 12:50 pm, Ben <> wrote:
    >
    > >http://www.pbase.com/image/92141776

    >
    > > See the guy in the red shirt obscured by the flowers in the bottom
    > > left bunker?  Leave him in or work him out?  A friend is going to sell
    > > a print of this in his wine shop, and I'm on the fence here.  If he
    > > was not obscured by the flowers, or if he was taking a swing, I'd be
    > > apt to leave him in.  As it stands, I'm not so sure...

    >
    > > Thx...

    >
    > NO... I don't see him & don't care.


    Zing! Zang! You're on fire today, dude.
     
    Ben, Jan 26, 2008
    #8
  9. Ben

    Guest

    On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 10:59:46 -0800 (PST), in rec.photo.digital Ben
    <> wrote:

    >On Jan 26, 12:45 pm, Scott W <> wrote:
    >> On Jan 26, 7:50 am, Ben <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >http://www.pbase.com/image/92141776

    >>
    >> > See the guy in the red shirt obscured by the flowers in the bottom
    >> > left bunker?  Leave him in or work him out?  A friend is going to sell
    >> > a print of this in his wine shop, and I'm on the fence here.  If he
    >> > was not obscured by the flowers, or if he was taking a swing, I'd be
    >> > apt to leave him in.  As it stands, I'm not so sure...

    >>
    >> > Thx...

    >>
    >> I would take him out.
    >>
    >> Scott

    >
    >I took him out...w/ extreme prejudice:
    >
    >http://www.pbase.com/sigphotography/image/92141776


    What's the point of posting a link to an image, asking about the
    composition and then posting the edited photo at the same url without the
    item you're asking about an hour later?
     
    , Jan 26, 2008
    #9
  10. Ben

    Ben Guest

    On Jan 26, 3:44 pm, wrote:

    > What's the point of posting a link to an image, asking about the
    > composition and then posting the edited photo at the same url without the
    > item you're asking about an hour later?


    I move fast.
     
    Ben, Jan 27, 2008
    #10
  11. Ben

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Ben wrote:
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/92141776
    >
    > See the guy in the red shirt obscured by the flowers in the bottom
    > left bunker? Leave him in or work him out? A friend is going to sell
    > a print of this in his wine shop, and I'm on the fence here. If he
    > was not obscured by the flowers, or if he was taking a swing, I'd be
    > apt to leave him in. As it stands, I'm not so sure...
    >
    > Thx...


    Don't see him. Why bother.
     
    Ron Hunter, Jan 27, 2008
    #11
  12. Ben

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 09:50:38 -0800 (PST), Ben <> wrote:
    : http://www.pbase.com/image/92141776
    :
    : See the guy in the red shirt obscured by the flowers in the bottom
    : left bunker? Leave him in or work him out? A friend is going to sell
    : a print of this in his wine shop, and I'm on the fence here. If he
    : was not obscured by the flowers, or if he was taking a swing, I'd be
    : apt to leave him in. As it stands, I'm not so sure...

    I can't see him at all, so I guess I have no opinion. (Did you replace the
    original picture with the one where he was removed?) But the whole picture
    looks a bit empty. I think I'd like to have seen the photographer wait until
    the guy got up on the green and was preparing to attempt his putt.

    Bob
     
    Robert Coe, Jan 27, 2008
    #12
  13. Ben

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 18:35:21 -0800 (PST), Ben <> wrote:
    : On Jan 26, 3:44 pm, wrote:
    :
    : > What's the point of posting a link to an image, asking about the
    : > composition and then posting the edited photo at the same url without the
    : > item you're asking about an hour later?
    :
    : I move fast.

    So was the original question just some sort of troll?
     
    Robert Coe, Jan 27, 2008
    #13
  14. Ben

    Ben Guest

    On Jan 27, 6:45 am, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 18:35:21 -0800 (PST), Ben <> wrote:
    >
    > : On Jan 26, 3:44 pm, wrote:
    > :
    > : > What's the point of posting a link to an image, asking about the
    > : > composition and then posting the edited photo at the same url without the
    > : > item you're asking about an hour later?
    > :
    > : I move fast.
    >
    > So was the original question just some sort of troll?


    I changed it and re-posted it - I made up my mind, done, fini. And
    next time, sniff the Cheerios - if there's the faintest scent of
    urine, opt for the Danish.
     
    Ben, Jan 27, 2008
    #14
  15. Ben

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 07:36:58 -0800 (PST), Ben <> wrote:
    : On Jan 27, 6:45 am, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    : > On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 18:35:21 -0800 (PST), Ben <> wrote:
    : >
    : > : On Jan 26, 3:44 pm, wrote:
    : > :
    : > : > What's the point of posting a link to an image, asking about the
    : > : > composition and then posting the edited photo at the same url without the
    : > : > item you're asking about an hour later?
    : > :
    : > : I move fast.
    : >
    : > So was the original question just some sort of troll?
    :
    : I changed it and re-posted it - I made up my mind, done, fini. And
    : next time, sniff the Cheerios - if there's the faintest scent of
    : urine, opt for the Danish.

    Question asked and answered. Thanks.
     
    Robert Coe, Jan 27, 2008
    #15
  16. Ben

    WW Guest

    On Jan 27, 3:33 am, Ron Hunter <> wrote:
    > Ben wrote:
    > >http://www.pbase.com/image/92141776

    >
    > > See the guy in the red shirt obscured by the flowers in the bottom
    > > left bunker? Leave him in or work him out? A friend is going to sell
    > > a print of this in his wine shop, and I'm on the fence here. If he
    > > was not obscured by the flowers, or if he was taking a swing, I'd be
    > > apt to leave him in. As it stands, I'm not so sure...

    >
    > > Thx...

    >
    > Don't see him. Why bother.


    thank you.....thats what I said. If you really look hard I think there
    is about a 1/64" of something behind the 4th flower in the bottom
    right.
     
    WW, Jan 27, 2008
    #16
  17. Ben

    Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 07:36:58 -0800 (PST), in rec.photo.digital Ben
    <> wrote:

    >On Jan 27, 6:45 am, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    >> On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 18:35:21 -0800 (PST), Ben <> wrote:
    >>
    >> : On Jan 26, 3:44 pm, wrote:
    >> :
    >> : > What's the point of posting a link to an image, asking about the
    >> : > composition and then posting the edited photo at the same url without the
    >> : > item you're asking about an hour later?
    >> :
    >> : I move fast.
    >>
    >> So was the original question just some sort of troll?

    >
    >I changed it and re-posted it - I made up my mind, done, fini. And
    >next time, sniff the Cheerios - if there's the faintest scent of
    >urine, opt for the Danish.


    More efficient and expedient to just add you to one's killfile.
     
    , Jan 27, 2008
    #17
  18. Ben

    Ben Guest

    On Jan 27, 2:19 pm, wrote:

    > >> So was the original question just some sort of troll?

    >
    > >I changed it and re-posted it - I made up my mind, done, fini.  And
    > >next time, sniff the Cheerios - if there's the faintest scent of
    > >urine, opt for the Danish.

    >
    > More efficient and expedient to just add you to one's killfile.


    Riiiight. Well, you and Bob-O win; here's the original, pre-edited
    version:

    http://images.artnet.de/artwork_images//113308/150355.jpg

    Enjoy!
     
    Ben, Jan 27, 2008
    #18
  19. Ben

    Ben Guest

    On Jan 27, 4:56 pm, "dene" <> wrote:
    > "Ben" <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:...
    >
    > >Riiiight.  Well, you and Bob-O win; here's the original, >pre-edited
    > >version:
    > >http://images.artnet.de/artwork_images//113308/150355.jpg
    > >Enjoy!

    >
    > LOL!  Cash was a little cranky that day.


    Yeah. Key word being *crank*...
     
    Ben, Jan 27, 2008
    #19
  20. Ben

    dene Guest

    dene, Jan 27, 2008
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. =?Utf-8?B?SWNla29waA==?=

    windows will freeze after I leave it alone

    =?Utf-8?B?SWNla29waA==?=, Jan 20, 2006, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    3,324
    Andre Da Costa
    Jan 23, 2006
  2. CBIC
    Replies:
    36
    Views:
    1,168
  3. Diplom Kaufmann Hinrichs -  Siegert, Knut

    Problem of not knowing a famous Star Email Adress, if one of you know him please drop him a note

    Diplom Kaufmann Hinrichs - Siegert, Knut, Oct 12, 2007, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    585
    Diplom Kaufmann Hinrichs - Siegert, Knut
    Oct 12, 2007
  4. richard

    Dear Britney - Leave the papparazzi alone!

    richard, Feb 17, 2008, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    422
    richard
    Feb 17, 2008
  5. dncswclds

    Re: Never Leave The Kids Home Alone With The D3!!

    dncswclds, Jun 29, 2008, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    303
    Chris H
    Jun 29, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page