    Can anyone please advise where I should look to cure this odd ailment.
    Thanks...
    Oldie
    Golden Oldie, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Golden Oldie

    Mike Calkins Guest

    Try clearing your internet cache. This happens to me, when IE cannot cache the graphic.

    Mike
    For no apparent reason I have lost all graphics from web pages and I am only receiving the dreaded red X.
    Mike Calkins, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Golden Oldie

    Golden Oldie Guest

    Thanks Mike..I tried that but I still get the Red X.
    Is "deleting temporary internet files" the same as "deleting internet cache."
    As you can guess I am not sure what is going on here..!
    Kind regards

    Golden Oldie, Sep 29, 2003
  4. Golden Oldie

    Mike Calkins Guest

    Yes, it is.... have you installed any new software lately? What is the size of your hard drive, available space on the drive, and size of the cache?

    What browser are you using, and can you open stored JPGs on your hard drive?

    Mike

    Mike Calkins, Sep 29, 2003
  5. Golden Oldie

    Philip SC Guest

    Delete your temporary internet files (if you're using IE, click on Tools -
    Options).

    And assuming that you're new to newsgroups, don't post in HTML - you'll find
    that most newsgroup participants don't like them, and many charters
    specifically forbid them. In OE, click on Tools - Options - Send and change
    the selection at the bottom of the window.

    HTH

    Philip SC, Sep 29, 2003
  6. This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Mon, 29 Sep 2003
    10:50:01 +0000, Golden Oldie uttered this:

    > Thanks Mike..I tried that but I still get the Red X.
    > Is "deleting temporary internet files" the same as "deleting internet cache."
    > As you can guess I am not sure what is going on here..!
    > Kind regards
    > "Mike Calkins" <> wrote in message news:OBTdb.971$...
    > Try clearing your internet cache. This happens to me, when IE cannot cache the graphic.
    >
    > Mike
    > "Golden Oldie" <> wrote in message news:BtTdb.128938$...
    > For no apparent reason I have lost all graphics from web pages and I am only receiving the dreaded red X.
    > Can anyone please advise where I should look to cure this odd ailment.
    > Thanks...

    <snip HTML>

    Please do *not* post in HTML, this is a TEXT only group.
    William Poaster, Sep 29, 2003
  7. Golden Oldie

    Golden Oldie Guest

    done..!