the dreaded lsass.exe

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by RGivans, May 23, 2005.

  1. RGivans

    RGivans Guest

    Ok I got a problem Im completely confused about. When my PC at wor
    starts it displays an error message

    "The password and authorization can not be recognized" Its a littl
    more in depth of a message than that but Im at home and dont kno
    exactly what it says word for word.

    But when this error pops up if I push OK it shuts down and does it al
    over again. If I do nothing it still restarts and does the same thing
    I can get into windows at all to check out lsass.exe and get rid of it

    Im completely clueless on how to get rid of this (Formatting is not a
    option)

    My company has alot of important documents on the PC and I need to ge
    them out before I can format it. Any ideas????

    Thanks

    -Rob (

    --
    RGivan
    RGivans's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=1300
    RGivans, May 23, 2005

  2. RGivans wrote:
    > Ok I got a problem Im completely confused about. When my PC at work
    > starts it displays an error message
    >
    > "The password and authorization can not be recognized" Its a little
    > more in depth of a message than that but Im at home and dont know
    > exactly what it says word for word.
    >
    > But when this error pops up if I push OK it shuts down and does it all
    > over again. If I do nothing it still restarts and does the same thing.
    > I can get into windows at all to check out lsass.exe and get rid of it.
    >

    > Im completely clueless on how to get rid of this (Formatting is not an
    > option)
    >
    > My company has alot of important documents on the PC and I need to get
    > them out before I can format it. Any ideas????
    >
    > Thanks!

    lsass.exe is a valid file installed by Windows. There is a virus called
    the sasser virus that exploits lsass. Without knowing more about the
    error message it would be hard to help you solve the problem. Do you
    have the correct password to log on to Windows? Is it possible someone
    may have changed it?

    If you can, post back with the specific error message and what happens
    if you enter the correct password.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 23, 2005

  3. RGivans

    RGivans Guest

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?= Wrote:

    > lsass.exe is a valid file installed by Windows. There is a virus calle
    > the sasser virus that exploits lsass. Without knowing more about th
    > error message it would be hard to help you solve the problem. Do yo
    > have the correct password to log on to Windows? Is it possible someon
    > may have changed it
    >
    > If you can, post back with the specific error message and what happen
    > if you enter the correct password

    Sorry I should have read more before posting. I read a bunch o
    archived discussions and took care of the problem. Thanks!

    -Ro

    RGivans, May 23, 2005