The down-side to HDTV...

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Jordan, Jul 16, 2005.

  1. Jordan

    Jordan Guest

    I've been experimenting with an HDTV reciever over the past few weeks
    and I think I found a pretty big down-side... There are some things
    that really shouldn't be shown in HDTV.

    Every now and then PBS runs a documentary on wild horses in Montana and
    when I woke up this morning and thought "Hey, what's on in HDTV?" this
    is what was running.

    It was the bit where the horses hit by lightning were being eaten by
    bears. Followed by the bit where the lame new-born foal is slaughtered
    by an adult male.

    Needless to say, close up images of horse corpses being eaten is right
    near the top of the list of things I didn't really need to see in HDTV.
    I guess it's my fault, I had seen the special before in standard
    definition, but it was way more intense this time.

    I'm going to take a shower, I feel... unclean somehow...

    - Jordan
    Jordan, Jul 16, 2005

  2. Jordan

    Lookingglass Guest

    "Jordan" <> wrote in message
    > I've been experimenting with an HDTV reciever over the past few weeks
    > and I think I found a pretty big down-side... There are some things
    > that really shouldn't be shown in HDTV.
    >
    > Every now and then PBS runs a documentary on wild horses in Montana and
    > when I woke up this morning and thought "Hey, what's on in HDTV?" this
    > is what was running.
    >
    > It was the bit where the horses hit by lightning were being eaten by
    > bears. Followed by the bit where the lame new-born foal is slaughtered
    > by an adult male.
    >
    > Needless to say, close up images of horse corpses being eaten is right
    > near the top of the list of things I didn't really need to see in HDTV.
    > I guess it's my fault, I had seen the special before in standard
    > definition, but it was way more intense this time.
    >
    > I'm going to take a shower, I feel... unclean somehow...
    >
    > - Jordan

    Yeah... some things just don't NEED to be seen... nothing to do with
    censorship... just good taste. Particularly before breakfast... ;-)

    dave......... www.Shemakhan.com
    Lookingglass, Jul 16, 2005

  3. Jordan

    RichA Guest

    On 16 Jul 2005 07:58:47 -0700, "Jordan" <> wrote:

    >I've been experimenting with an HDTV reciever over the past few weeks
    >and I think I found a pretty big down-side... There are some things
    >that really shouldn't be shown in HDTV.
    >
    >Every now and then PBS runs a documentary on wild horses in Montana and
    >when I woke up this morning and thought "Hey, what's on in HDTV?" this
    >is what was running.
    >
    >It was the bit where the horses hit by lightning were being eaten by
    >bears. Followed by the bit where the lame new-born foal is slaughtered
    >by an adult male.
    >
    >Needless to say, close up images of horse corpses being eaten is right
    >near the top of the list of things I didn't really need to see in HDTV.
    >I guess it's my fault, I had seen the special before in standard
    >definition, but it was way more intense this time.
    >
    >I'm going to take a shower, I feel... unclean somehow...
    >
    >- Jordan

    Life is terrifying, isn't it?
    -Rich
    RichA, Jul 16, 2005
  4. Jordan

    Nonymous Guest

    "RichA" <> wrote in message
    > On 16 Jul 2005 07:58:47 -0700, "Jordan" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I've been experimenting with an HDTV reciever over the past few weeks
    >>and I think I found a pretty big down-side... There are some things
    >>that really shouldn't be shown in HDTV.
    >>
    >>Every now and then PBS runs a documentary on wild horses in Montana and
    >>when I woke up this morning and thought "Hey, what's on in HDTV?" this
    >>is what was running.
    >>
    >>It was the bit where the horses hit by lightning were being eaten by
    >>bears. Followed by the bit where the lame new-born foal is slaughtered
    >>by an adult male.
    >>
    >>Needless to say, close up images of horse corpses being eaten is right
    >>near the top of the list of things I didn't really need to see in HDTV.
    >>I guess it's my fault, I had seen the special before in standard
    >>definition, but it was way more intense this time.

    Hey, it's reality. Watching HD can be like taking off those rose colored
    glasses.
    Nonymous, Jul 17, 2005
  5. Jordan

    Jordan Guest

    I agree, it's just unexpected in my bedroom at 7:45 in the morning. :^)

    - Jordan
    Jordan, Jul 17, 2005