    sites including Amazon and the DVD Profiler software all have the release
    date 05-18. Does anyone know if this got released early by accident?

    Scott

    Scott Blair, May 14, 2004

  2. Scott Blair

    jayembee Guest

    "Scott Blair" <> wrote:

    > Just bought The Day After this past Tuesday at Best Buy
    > for $9.99. Many sites including Amazon and the DVD Profiler
    > software all have the release date 05-18. Does anyone know
    > if this got released early by accident?

    Either accidentally or on purpose. Every once in a while, I
    find something at a Best Buy a week or two in advance of its
    street date. I think the last one

    Hell, the first two season sets of THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW
    (released simultaneously) I found at a local Costco a full
    *month* ahead of their street date.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, May 14, 2004

  3. Scott Blair

    jpeabody Guest

    "Scott Blair" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Just bought The Day After this past Tuesday at Best Buy for $9.99. Many
    > sites including Amazon and the DVD Profiler software all have the release
    > date 05-18. Does anyone know if this got released early by accident?
    >
    > Scott

    I didn't see it at my local BB, but I wasn't looking for it. I was
    looking for "The Day the Earth Stood Still" so I imagine they would be
    very close to each other. But no biggie, street dates get jumped from
    time to time, usually by shelf stockers who just throw everything out
    there either by accident or for various conscious reasons.

    jpeabody, May 14, 2004
  4. Scott Blair

    jayembee Guest

    (jpeabody) wrote:

    > I didn't see it at my local BB, but I wasn't looking for
    > it. I was looking for "The Day the Earth Stood Still" so
    > I imagine they would be very close to each other.

    Not if they're in different sections. I can see BB shelving
    TDTESS under "Science Fiction" and TDA under "Drama".

    Hell, this week, they had the GUNSMOKE sequel TV-movies on
    the "TV Series" shelves as they should be, but had the HAVE
    GUN - WILL TRAVEL Season One set under "Drama".

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, May 14, 2004
  5. Scott Blair

    Guest

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 23:41:00 -0500, "Scott Blair"
    <> wrote:

    >Just bought The Day After this past Tuesday at Best Buy for $9.99. Many
    >sites including Amazon and the DVD Profiler software all have the release
    >date 05-18. Does anyone know if this got released early by accident?
    >
    >Scott

    What is the runtime on that? Is it widescreen?

    thank you

    , May 15, 2004