    D3 didn't fair so well in this run-in! It aint pretty!

    <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/hardcore.htm>

    Rita
    Rita Berkowitz, Jan 13, 2008

  2. Rita Berkowitz

    Paul Furman Guest

    Paul Furman, Jan 13, 2008

  3. "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > It was bound to happen sooner our later! The D3's magnesium body and
    > bulletproof design was eventually going to get tested to the breaking
    > point!
    > It is said that sometimes the nut wins and sometimes the D3 wins. Well,
    > the
    > D3 didn't fair so well in this run-in! It aint pretty!
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/hardcore.htm>

    Squirrels are not very bright, apart from their sometimes amazing talent for
    getting into bird feeders.

    I saw one steal a lump of charcoal from somebody's outdoor grill once, and
    race off home proudly with his loot.

    Neil
    Neil Harrington, Jan 13, 2008
  4. Neil Harrington wrote:
    []
    > Squirrels are not very bright, apart from their sometimes amazing
    > talent for getting into bird feeders.
    >
    > I saw one steal a lump of charcoal from somebody's outdoor grill
    > once, and race off home proudly with his loot.
    >
    > Neil

    Obviously thinking about keeping warm for the winter! <G>

    David
    David J Taylor, Jan 13, 2008
  5. Rita Berkowitz

    The Dave© Guest

    > Neil Harrington wrote:
    > Squirrels are not very bright, apart from their sometimes amazing
    > talent for getting into bird feeders.
    >
    > I saw one steal a lump of charcoal from somebody's outdoor grill
    > once, and race off home proudly with his loot.

    LOL! Yeah, but I've seen people do similar things.

    The Dave©, Jan 13, 2008
  6. Neil Harrington wrote:

    >> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/hardcore.htm>

    > Squirrels are not very bright, apart from their sometimes amazing
    > talent for getting into bird feeders.
    >
    > I saw one steal a lump of charcoal from somebody's outdoor grill
    > once, and race off home proudly with his loot.

    It's when they learn how to light it is when the problems start.

    Rita
    Rita Berkowitz, Jan 14, 2008
  7. "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote in message
    > Neil Harrington wrote:
    >
    >>> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/hardcore.htm>

    >> Squirrels are not very bright, apart from their sometimes amazing
    >> talent for getting into bird feeders.
    >>
    >> I saw one steal a lump of charcoal from somebody's outdoor grill
    >> once, and race off home proudly with his loot.

    > It's when they learn how to light it is when the problems start.

    I think there is something in charcoal that animals need.....I used to have
    a dog that would steal pieces of coal out of the fireplace and gnaw on it
    afterward. I know that squirrels' front teeth will grow to unmanageable
    lengths if they don't find things to gnaw on to wear them down.....Perhaps
    this is what they do with the charcoal.
    William Graham, Jan 14, 2008
  8. Rita Berkowitz

    Rich Guest

    On Jan 13, 12:06 am, "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote:
    > It was bound to happen sooner our later! The D3's magnesium body and
    > bulletproof design was eventually going to get tested to the breaking point!
    > It is said that sometimes the nut wins and sometimes the D3 wins. Well, the
    > D3 didn't fair so well in this run-in! It aint pretty!
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/hardcore.htm>
    >
    > Rita

    Older and wiser.

    http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/91055090
    Rich, Jan 14, 2008
  9. "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > On Jan 13, 12:06 am, "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote:
    >> It was bound to happen sooner our later! The D3's magnesium body and
    >> bulletproof design was eventually going to get tested to the breaking
    >> point!
    >> It is said that sometimes the nut wins and sometimes the D3 wins. Well,
    >> the
    >> D3 didn't fair so well in this run-in! It aint pretty!
    >>
    >> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/hardcore.htm>
    >>
    >> Rita

    > Older and wiser.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/91055090

    Nice shot!

    Neil
    Neil Harrington, Jan 14, 2008
  10. Rita Berkowitz

    timeOday Guest

    Kinon O'Cann wrote:

    > "The Dave©" <> wrote in message
    >>> Neil Harrington wrote:
    >>> Squirrels are not very bright, apart from their sometimes amazing
    >>> talent for getting into bird feeders.
    >>>
    >>> I saw one steal a lump of charcoal from somebody's outdoor grill
    >>> once, and race off home proudly with his loot.

    >> LOL! Yeah, but I've seen people do similar things.

    > I know of a fat assed moron from Baltimore who spend $5K on a camera and
    > can't produce a single decent shot!

    I think it's a good squirrel shot. The bokeh is weird, but I would not
    have noticed the foul "nut" had it not been called to attention.
    timeOday, Jan 16, 2008
  11. Rita Berkowitz

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    Kinon O'Cann, Jan 16, 2008
  12. Rita Berkowitz

    C J Campbell Guest

    On 2008-01-13 17:38:21 -0800, "William Graham" <> said:

    > "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote in message

    >>> Squirrels are not very bright, apart from their sometimes amazing
    >>> talent for getting into bird feeders.
    >>>
    >>> I saw one steal a lump of charcoal from somebody's outdoor grill
    >>> once, and race off home proudly with his loot.

    >> It's when they learn how to light it is when the problems start.
    >>

    > I think there is something in charcoal that animals need.....I used to have
    > a dog that would steal pieces of coal out of the fireplace and gnaw on it
    > afterward. I know that squirrels' front teeth will grow to unmanageable
    > lengths if they don't find things to gnaw on to wear them down.....Perhaps
    > this is what they do with the charcoal.

    There was a theory I heard on "Animal Planet" once that some animals
    eat charcoal and diatomaceous earths to absorb toxins in their
    stomachs. Of course, you wouldn't need that charcoal if you didn't eat
    rabbit poop.
    --
    Waddling Eagle
    World Famous Flight Instructor
    C J Campbell, Jan 17, 2008
  13. "C J Campbell" <> wrote in message
    > On 2008-01-13 17:38:21 -0800, "William Graham" <> said:
    >

    >> "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote in message

    >>> It's when they learn how to light it is when the problems start.
    >>>

    >> I think there is something in charcoal that animals need.....I used to
    >> have
    >> a dog that would steal pieces of coal out of the fireplace and gnaw on it
    >> afterward. I know that squirrels' front teeth will grow to unmanageable
    >> lengths if they don't find things to gnaw on to wear them
    >> down.....Perhaps
    >> this is what they do with the charcoal.

    > There was a theory I heard on "Animal Planet" once that some animals eat
    > charcoal and diatomaceous earths to absorb toxins in their stomachs. Of
    > course, you wouldn't need that charcoal if you didn't eat rabbit poop.

    <guffaw!>

    But is that really rabbit poop Rita's squirrel has in its yap? From the
    photo it might be a small hunk of charcoal.

    My theory about the squirrel I saw steal that charcoal from a grill is that
    there might have been some tasty stuff that dripped on it while cooking, and
    the dumb rodent thought it would be tasty all the way through. But who
    knows -- maybe it was just for toxin absorption or something. Interesting.

    Neil
    Neil Harrington, Jan 18, 2008
  14. Neil Harrington, Jan 18, 2008
  15. Rita Berkowitz, Jan 18, 2008
  16. Neil Harrington wrote:

    >> There was a theory I heard on "Animal Planet" once that some animals
    >> eat charcoal and diatomaceous earths to absorb toxins in their
    >> stomachs. Of course, you wouldn't need that charcoal if you didn't
    >> eat rabbit poop.

    > <guffaw!>
    >
    > But is that really rabbit poop Rita's squirrel has in its yap? From
    > the photo it might be a small hunk of charcoal.

    It's rabbit poop! It's obvious when pixel peeping while viewing the 100%
    image. Plus we all use gas grills in the neighborhood.

    Rita
    Rita Berkowitz, Jan 18, 2008
  17. "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote in message
    > Neil Harrington wrote:
    >
    >>> There was a theory I heard on "Animal Planet" once that some animals
    >>> eat charcoal and diatomaceous earths to absorb toxins in their
    >>> stomachs. Of course, you wouldn't need that charcoal if you didn't
    >>> eat rabbit poop.

    >> <guffaw!>
    >>
    >> But is that really rabbit poop Rita's squirrel has in its yap? From
    >> the photo it might be a small hunk of charcoal.

    > It's rabbit poop! It's obvious when pixel peeping while viewing the 100%
    > image. Plus we all use gas grills in the neighborhood.

    OK, I'll take your word for it.

    Heh. No accounting for taste, as the saying goes. Some people actually want
    Hillary for president, which would be a helluva lot worse than rabbit poop.

    Neil
    Neil Harrington, Jan 19, 2008
  18. "Neil Harrington" <> wrote in message

    Heh. No accounting for taste, as the saying goes. Some people actually want
    > Hillary for president, which would be a helluva lot worse than rabbit
    > poop.
    >
    > Neil

    I think it would be funny......Actually, I am convinced that the president
    is so usless that it doesn't matter who holds the office. I am thinking of
    switching party affiliations so I can vote for Hillary in the primaries. I
    want a, "Hillary-O'Donnel" ticket.....I can't think of anything that would
    be funnier......

    William Graham, Jan 19, 2008
  19. Neil Harrington wrote:

    > Heh. No accounting for taste, as the saying goes. Some people
    > actually want Hillary for president, which would be a helluva lot
    > worse than rabbit poop.

    Yep! Big business would love to have her in office.

    Rita
    Rita Berkowitz, Jan 19, 2008
  20. "William Graham" <> wrote in message

    > "Neil Harrington" <> wrote in message
    >>

    > Heh. No accounting for taste, as the saying goes. Some people actually
    > want
    >> Hillary for president, which would be a helluva lot worse than rabbit
    >> poop.
    >>
    >> Neil

    > I think it would be funny......

    In some respects you're right, but I'm afraid my sense of humor falls well
    short of enjoying Hillary as president.

    > Actually, I am convinced that the president is so usless that it doesn't
    > matter who holds the office. I am thinking of switching party affiliations
    > so I can vote for Hillary in the primaries. I want a, "Hillary-O'Donnel"
    > ticket.....I can't think of anything that would be funnier......

    Would that be Hillary and Larry O'Donnell the leftist-liberal commentator?

    Neil
    Neil Harrington, Jan 19, 2008