  1. Even at 14mm.

    <http://www.moosepeterson.com/moosenews/>

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Sep 17, 2007

  2. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    JR Guest

    In article <>,
    Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:

    > Even at 14mm.
    >
    > <http://www.moosepeterson.com/moosenews/>
    >

    > Rita

    Its the best camera technology to come out on about 5 years....

    JR

    JR, Sep 19, 2007

  3. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    frederick Guest

    JR wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Even at 14mm.
    >>
    >> <http://www.moosepeterson.com/moosenews/>
    >>

    >> Rita

    > Its the best camera technology to come out on about 5 years....
    >
    > JR

    "If the D3 seems to have one stop advantage on its direct
    competitor the 1DMkIII regarding noise, it seems that nearly
    2 stops separate the D300 from its predecessor"
    (Chasseur d'Images)

    frederick, Sep 19, 2007
  4. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Sep 18, 10:39 pm, JR <> wrote:

    > > <http://www.moosepeterson.com/moosenews/>

    > Its the best camera technology to come out on about 5 years....
    >
    > JR

    I think it actually has to come out before you can make that claim.
    I wouldn't get too excited over the gleeful foaming of a paid Nikon
    shill like Moose Peterson.

    Annika1980, Sep 19, 2007
  5. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    JR Guest

    In article <>,
    Annika1980 <> wrote:

    > On Sep 18, 10:39 pm, JR <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > <http://www.moosepeterson.com/moosenews/>

    > > Its the best camera technology to come out on about 5 years....
    > >
    > > JR

    > I think it actually has to come out before you can make that claim.
    > I wouldn't get too excited over the gleeful foaming of a paid Nikon
    > shill like Moose Peterson.

    I am going from the released pics and EVERY account I have seen (even a
    few Canon guys ordering cameras)....Its not like Canon did and keep
    upping the resolution, they upped the ISO usability to 25600 or
    something crazy like that and then upped the dynamic range, so the image
    quality is great....when you look at the specs you say, no biggie, but
    when you see the images, its like whoa, thats stunning....Not bashing or
    anything, its a great day for photogs...now Canon will have to answer,
    and then Nikon answers, and the end result is we all get better tools to
    work with.

    JR

    JR, Sep 19, 2007
  6. JR wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Annika1980 <> wrote:

    >>> Its the best camera technology to come out on about 5 years....
    >>>
    >>> JR

    >> I think it actually has to come out before you can make that claim.
    >> I wouldn't get too excited over the gleeful foaming of a paid Nikon
    >> shill like Moose Peterson.

    > I am going from the released pics and EVERY account I have seen (even a
    > few Canon guys ordering cameras)....Its not like Canon did and keep
    > upping the resolution, they upped the ISO usability to 25600 or
    > something crazy like that and then upped the dynamic range, so the image
    > quality is great....when you look at the specs you say, no biggie, but
    > when you see the images, its like whoa, thats stunning....Not bashing or
    > anything, its a great day for photogs...now Canon will have to answer,
    > and then Nikon answers, and the end result is we all get better tools to
    > work with.

    While I agree with you about each upping the other and we
    consumers win, I'll challenge you on what ISO 25600 and other
    huge claims like dynamic range. It's simple physics.
    Photons are finite and cameras are quite predictable.
    The D3 should plot close to the positions of the
    Canon 1D Mark II and 5D at:
    http://www.clarkvision.com/imagedetail/digital.sensor.performance.summary
    (which is really good).

    Roger

    Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark), Sep 19, 2007