    D, my CD burner drive (which was the F drive) is now labeled E, and what
    used to be my 20 gig hard drive D is labeled 'removeable drive F'.
    AARRGGHH....any more ideas? TIA
    Captain Dunsil, Aug 18, 2004

  2. Captain Dunsil

    Livewire Guest

    In article <41234600$0$21756$>,
    says...
    > The other day I asked for help because my secondary hard drive, D, could not
    > be recognized. I got some helpfull answers and last night sat down to try
    > an fix the problem. However......I discovered something very sttrange.
    > Now, for some unknown reason, my CD drive ( which was the E drive) is named
    > D, my CD burner drive (which was the F drive) is now labeled E, and what
    > used to be my 20 gig hard drive D is labeled 'removeable drive F'.
    > AARRGGHH....any more ideas? TIA

    There's a freeware called something like drive letter reassigner that
    lets you choose your own letters for each drive (otherwise, as you've
    found, Windows does it for you and you can't easily alter it). Ask at
    alt.comp.freeware if you can't track the program down.
    Livewire, Aug 18, 2004

  3. Captain Dunsil

    Pete Guest

    "Captain Dunsil" <> wrote in message
    > The other day I asked for help because my secondary hard drive, D, could

    not
    > be recognized. I got some helpfull answers and last night sat down to try
    > an fix the problem. However......I discovered something very sttrange.
    > Now, for some unknown reason, my CD drive ( which was the E drive) is

    named
    > D, my CD burner drive (which was the F drive) is now labeled E, and what
    > used to be my 20 gig hard drive D is labeled 'removeable drive F'.
    > AARRGGHH....any more ideas? TIA

    Try Letter Assigner (Freeware) to relabel drives as you want
    http://www.v72735.f2s.com/LetAssig/
    Pete, Aug 18, 2004