the connection with the server was reset

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike Porter, Feb 8, 2005.

  1. Mike Porter

    Mike Porter Guest

    Greetings
    I wonder if anyone can help cure a problem I have.
    Someone has sent me a file using the sendit email service.
    The file is 98meg. Iv'e tried to download it severa times
    I get right to about 16 or 17 meg and then I receive the message
    in the subject line. internet explorer can not download the file " " from
    yousendit.com
    the connection with the server was reset.

    I also can not send a big file to the yousendit server, I get timed out.
    I am using dsl, pentium II 450 mgz 128 meg ram.
    I get a similar time out type message using netscape all at about 16-17
    meg.

    I should also point out that I have been able to download 60 meg files
    using the sendit service in the past ok so I dont know why it would not
    work.

    Any help would be appreciated
    Mike Porter, Feb 8, 2005

  2. Mike Porter

    samuel Guest

    "Mike Porter" <> wrote in

    > Greetings
    > I wonder if anyone can help cure a problem I
    > have.
    > Someone has sent me a file using the sendit email service.
    > The file is 98meg. Iv'e tried to download it severa times
    > I get right to about 16 or 17 meg and then I receive the
    > message in the subject line. internet explorer can not
    > download the file " " from yousendit.com
    > the connection with the server was reset.
    >
    > I also can not send a big file to the yousendit server, I
    > get timed out.
    > I am using dsl, pentium II 450 mgz 128 meg ram.
    > I get a similar time out type message using netscape all at
    > about 16-17
    > meg.
    >
    > I should also point out that I have been able to download 60
    > meg files
    > using the sendit service in the past ok so I dont know why it
    > would not work.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated

    any changes with your isp ? call them ?
    problems with yousendit.com server ?
    samuel, Feb 8, 2005

  3. Mike Porter

    Matt Ferrari Guest

    ">
    > any changes with your isp ? call them ?
    > problems with yousendit.com server ?

    I did call my isp to inquire if it was anything they could trace.
    They say the line conditions are good, they even came out
    and tested my dsl modem and said it was working ok.
    The modem was swapped out for a brand new one anyway.
    They say the problem is with my computer.

    As far as the yousendit server ill try writing to them.
    Im guessin its not their fault either, since the person
    who sent me the file was able to upload 97 meg to them
    successfully.
    Matt Ferrari, Feb 8, 2005
  4. Mike Porter

    Archie77 Guest

    "Mike Porter" <> wrote in message
    > Greetings
    > I wonder if anyone can help cure a problem I have.
    > Someone has sent me a file using the sendit email service.
    > The file is 98meg. Iv'e tried to download it severa times
    > I get right to about 16 or 17 meg and then I receive the message
    > in the subject line. internet explorer can not download the file " " from
    > yousendit.com
    > the connection with the server was reset.
    >
    > I also can not send a big file to the yousendit server, I get timed

    out.
    > I am using dsl, pentium II 450 mgz 128 meg ram.
    > I get a similar time out type message using netscape all at about 16-17
    > meg.
    >
    > I should also point out that I have been able to download 60 meg files
    > using the sendit service in the past ok so I dont know why it would not
    > work.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated

    Are you running any download managers? Check your system tray and close any
    that are open...
    Also what version of Windows do you have? Win98 or WinME? Try running a
    repair of Internet Explorer from Add/Remove programs.
    Try installing the latest version of Internet Explorer if you don't have it
    already

    Article you could check out -> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816868
    Archie77, Feb 8, 2005
  5. Mike Porter

    Mike Porter Guest

    "Archie77" <> wrote in message

    > ">
    > Are you running any download managers? Check your system tray and close

    any
    > that are open...
    > Also what version of Windows do you have? Win98 or WinME? Try running a
    > repair of Internet Explorer from Add/Remove programs.
    > Try installing the latest version of Internet Explorer if you don't have

    it
    > already
    >
    > Article you could check out -> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816868

    Thanks for the replys, the repair internet explorer has fixed the problem.
    was able to send and receive ok after doing that.

    thanks again
    Mike Porter, Feb 9, 2005