    efforts at selling them a later Windows version, the company has absolutely no plans to actually
    support those customers. This flies in the face of its publicly-stated life cycle support plans. And
    it really freaks me out. It should freak you out as well.
    Ken , Apr 6, 2007

  2. Re: The company has completely abandoned Windows XP, and it hasabsolutely no plans to ever ship an XP SP3

    On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 10:55:30 +1200, Ken Yates wrote:

    > The company has completely abandoned Windows XP, and it has absolutely
    > no plans to ever ship an XP SP3.

    That is not entirely unexpected.

    M$ is trying to push people onto its DRM'd version of M$ Windows -
    something that people simply don't want to do. What else should you expect
    - M$ needs to dump XP as quickly as it can so that people have no choice
    but to use Vi$ta.

    --
    Dianthus Mimulus

    When you want a computer system that works, just choose Linux.
    When you want a computer system that works, just, choose Microsoft.
    Dianthus Mimulus, Apr 7, 2007