    Is anyone familiar with reviews taken to this level. Are any of the
    reviewing websites allowing for downloading their test image RAW files?
    tia & cheerios ... :eek:)

    rarewolf, Dec 26, 2004

  2. rarewolf

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "rarewolf"

    >I have been scanning film for 15 years, and I am now considering buying
    >a quality digital camera ... I truly wonder if many of these cameras
    >are more worthy than sRGB(?)

    Yes, the better dSLRs have wider gamuts than sRGB, even AdobeRGB ... I have a
    program that lets me plot the actual gamut of images (ColorThink from Chromix)
    and you definitely can capture a wider gamut than AdobeRGB, much less sRGB.

    The Photoshop CS RAW converter has one wide gamut space you can convert to
    (ProPhoto RGB) in addition to the three standard ones, and Capture One lets you
    assign a wide gamut color space as well (anything you have available, including
    ProPhoto or Ektaspace (the wide gamut space that mimics the gamut of saturated
    E-6 slide films).

    Bill Hilton, Dec 26, 2004

  3. rarewolf

    rarewolf Guest

    Bill writes ...

    > Yes, the better dSLRs have wider gamuts than sRGB, even AdobeRGB ...

    That is some relief, but how do I evaluate the color capabilities of
    the "better dSLRs" prior to purchase (keep in mind I live in
    Newfoundland ...<g>...)

    tia :eek:)

    rarewolf, Dec 26, 2004