    can anyone here vouch for 'The College of DuPage Press' from Glen
    Ellyn, Illinois ?

    they are asking to use one of my photos.

    Dimond Geeza, Jun 28, 2008

  2. Dimond Geeza

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 12:00:45 -0700 (PDT), Dimond Geeza
    <> wrote:
    : can anyone here vouch for 'The College of DuPage Press' from Glen
    : Ellyn, Illinois ?
    :
    : they are asking to use one of my photos.

    Google says they exist.

    Robert Coe, Jun 28, 2008

  3. Dimond Geeza

    dicko Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 17:08:07 -0400, Robert Coe <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 12:00:45 -0700 (PDT), Dimond Geeza
    ><> wrote:
    >: can anyone here vouch for 'The College of DuPage Press' from Glen
    >: Ellyn, Illinois ?
    >:
    >: they are asking to use one of my photos.
    >
    >Google says they exist.

    The College of DuPage is a reputable communitiy college located in
    DuPage county, Il.

    -dickm

    dicko, Jun 29, 2008
  4. Dimond Geeza

    Dimond Geeza Guest

    On 28 Jun, 23:08, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 12:00:45 -0700 (PDT), Dimond Geeza<> wrote:
    >
    > : can anyone here vouch for 'The College of DuPage Press' from Glen
    > : Ellyn, Illinois ?
    > :
    > : they are asking to use one of my photos.
    >
    > Google says they exist.

    true, but anyone can get a google listing

    Dimond Geeza, Jun 29, 2008
  5. Dimond Geeza

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 07:53:14 -0700 (PDT), Dimond Geeza
    <> wrote:
    : On 28 Jun, 23:08, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    : > On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 12:00:45 -0700 (PDT), Dimond Geeza<> wrote:
    : >
    : > : can anyone here vouch for 'The College of DuPage Press' from Glen
    : > : Ellyn, Illinois ?
    : > :
    : > : they are asking to use one of my photos.
    : >
    : > Google says they exist.
    :
    : true, but anyone can get a google listing

    Do you even know what Google is?

    Robert Coe, Jun 29, 2008
  6. Dimond Geeza

    Dimond Geeza Guest

    On 29 Jun, 18:30, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 07:53:14 -0700 (PDT), Dimond Geeza<> wrote:
    >
    > : On 28 Jun, 23:08, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > : > On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 12:00:45 -0700 (PDT), Dimond Geeza<> wrote:
    > : >
    > : > : can anyone here vouch for 'The College of DuPage Press' from Glen
    > : > : Ellyn, Illinois ?
    > : > :
    > : > : they are asking to use one of my photos.
    > : >
    > : > Google says they exist.
    > :
    > : true, but anyone can get a google listing
    >
    > Do you even know what Google is?

    actually no, please enlighten me.

    Dimond Geeza, Jun 29, 2008
  7. Dimond Geeza

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 09:36:58 -0700 (PDT), Dimond Geeza
    <> wrote:
    : On 29 Jun, 18:30, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    : > On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 07:53:14 -0700 (PDT), Dimond Geeza<> wrote:
    : >
    : > : On 28 Jun, 23:08, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    : > : > On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 12:00:45 -0700 (PDT), Dimond Geeza<> wrote:
    : > : >
    : > : > : can anyone here vouch for 'The College of DuPage Press' from Glen
    : > : > : Ellyn, Illinois ?
    : > : > :
    : > : > : they are asking to use one of my photos.
    : > : >
    : > : > Google says they exist.
    : > :
    : > : true, but anyone can get a google listing
    : >
    : > Do you even know what Google is?
    :
    : actually no, please enlighten me.

    It's a Web site that operates a very good search engine. With your browser, go
    to www.google.com. When their home page comes up, type in a few words (in this
    case, college dupage press) and click "Google Search". All will be revealed.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jun 30, 2008
  8. Dimond Geeza

    Dimond Geeza Guest

    On 30 Jun, 02:51, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 09:36:58 -0700 (PDT), Dimond Geeza<> wrote:
    >
    > : On 29 Jun, 18:30, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > : > On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 07:53:14 -0700 (PDT), Dimond Geeza<> wrote:
    > : >
    > : > : On 28 Jun, 23:08, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > : > : > On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 12:00:45 -0700 (PDT), Dimond Geeza<> wrote:
    > : > : >
    > : > : > : can anyone here vouch for 'The College of DuPage Press' from Glen
    > : > : > : Ellyn, Illinois ?
    > : > : > :
    > : > : > : they are asking to use one of my photos.
    > : > : >
    > : > : > Google says they exist.
    > : > :
    > : > : true, but anyone can get a google listing
    > : >
    > : > Do you even know what Google is?
    > :
    > : actually no, please enlighten me.
    >
    > It's a Web site that operates a very good search engine. With your browser, go
    > towww.google.com. When their home page comes up, type in a few words (in this
    > case, college dupage press) and click "Google Search". All will be revealed.
    >
    > Bob

    so...if it was a bogus website, would it still show up ?

    Dimond Geeza, Jun 30, 2008
  9. Dimond Geeza

    Cynicor Guest

    Dimond Geeza wrote:
    > Robert Coe <> wrote:
    >> It's a Web site that operates a very good search engine. With your browser, go
    >> towww.google.com. When their home page comes up, type in a few words (in this
    >> case, college dupage press) and click "Google Search". All will be revealed.
    >>
    >> Bob

    > so...if it was a bogus website, would it still show up ?

    No. The Google carefully selects only the best Web sites to present to
    its small core of loyal users, known as "users" in Google-speak. Many
    Webmisters spend a lifetime trying to figure out the secrets that will
    allow their work to be included as part of this ultra-exclusive
    directory of all that is great about the Internets.

    Cynicor, Jun 30, 2008
  10. Dimond Geeza

    Dimond Geeza Guest

    On 30 Jun, 15:57, Cynicor <> wrote:
    > Dimond Geeza wrote:
    > > Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > >> It's a Web site that operates a very good search engine. With your browser, go
    > >> towww.google.com. When their home page comes up, type in a few words (in this
    > >> case, college dupage press) and click "Google Search". All will be revealed.

    > >> Bob

    > > so...if it was a bogus website, would it still show up ?

    > No. The Google carefully selects only the best Web sites to present to
    > its small core of loyal users, known as "users" in Google-speak. Many
    > Webmisters spend a lifetime trying to figure out the secrets that will
    > allow their work to be included as part of this ultra-exclusive
    > directory of all that is great about the Internets.

    But the forum that I am posting on says 'Google Groups' in the top
    left corner.
    This same Google lets through a huge amount of spam related to all
    sorts of 'shit' that I would never trust.

    Dimond Geeza, Jun 30, 2008
  11. Dimond Geeza <> wrote:
    >On 30 Jun, 15:57, Cynicor <> wrote:
    >> No. The Google carefully selects only the best Web sites to present to
    >> its small core of loyal users, known as "users" in Google-speak. Many
    >> Webmisters spend a lifetime trying to figure out the secrets that will
    >> allow their work to be included as part of this ultra-exclusive
    >> directory of all that is great about the Internets.

    >But the forum that I am posting on says 'Google Groups' in the top
    >left corner.

    What does your choice of a (very poor) web interface to Usenet have to
    do with a web search engine?

    >This same Google lets through a huge amount of spam related to all
    >sorts of 'shit' that I would never trust.

    Maybe you didn't see the big red invisible sarcasm markers in Cynicor's
    comment?

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Jun 30, 2008
  12. Dimond Geeza

    Dimond Geeza Guest

    On 30 Jun, 18:03, Jürgen Exner <> wrote:
    > Dimond Geeza <> wrote:
    > >On 30 Jun, 15:57, Cynicor <> wrote:
    > >> No. The Google carefully selects only the best Web sites to present to
    > >> its small core of loyal users, known as "users" in Google-speak. Many
    > >> Webmisters spend a lifetime trying to figure out the secrets that will
    > >> allow their work to be included as part of this ultra-exclusive
    > >> directory of all that is great about the Internets.

    > >But the forum that I am posting on says 'Google Groups' in the top
    > >left corner.

    > What does your choice of a (very poor) web interface to Usenet have to
    > do with a web search engine?

    why do you say that it is very poor ?

    > >This same Google lets through a huge amount of spam related to all
    > >sorts of 'shit' that I would never trust.

    > Maybe you didn't see the big red invisible sarcasm markers in Cynicor's
    > comment?

    is Google Groups nothing to do with Google then ?

    Dimond Geeza, Jun 30, 2008
  13. Dimond Geeza

    The Kat Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 09:57:43 -0400, Cynicor <> wrote:

    >>> Bob

    >> so...if it was a bogus website, would it still show up ?

    >No. The Google carefully selects only the best Web sites to present to
    >its small core of loyal users,

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA ! ! !

    This sig censored by the Office of Home, Land & Planet Insecurity...

    Remove XYZ to email me

    The Kat, Jun 30, 2008
  14. Dimond Geeza

    The Kat, Jun 30, 2008
  15. Dimond Geeza

    The Kat, Jun 30, 2008
  16. Dimond Geeza

    Cynicor Guest

    Jürgen Exner wrote:
    > Dimond Geeza <> wrote:
    >> On 30 Jun, 15:57, Cynicor <> wrote:
    >>> No. The Google carefully selects only the best Web sites to present to
    >>> its small core of loyal users, known as "users" in Google-speak. Many
    >>> Webmisters spend a lifetime trying to figure out the secrets that will
    >>> allow their work to be included as part of this ultra-exclusive
    >>> directory of all that is great about the Internets.

    >> But the forum that I am posting on says 'Google Groups' in the top
    >> left corner.

    > What does your choice of a (very poor) web interface to Usenet have to
    > do with a web search engine?
    >
    >> This same Google lets through a huge amount of spam related to all
    >> sorts of 'shit' that I would never trust.

    > Maybe you didn't see the big red invisible sarcasm markers in Cynicor's
    > comment?

    They told me not to post in HTML. :-(

    Cynicor, Jun 30, 2008