The Cobolt 256mb MP3 player

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by JC, Dec 20, 2005.

  1. JC

    JC Guest

    Went and bought the Cobolt MP3 player for 68$ from The Warehouse, its an
    ok piece of equipment, but feels and looks as cheap as it is.
    The features it has for the money are ok, but you get what you pay for.
    Ear buds are tinny, fortunately I have a better pair. So the sound with
    them was much better. The player itself, has decent enough buttons, a
    small display which is very hard to read and seemed to be a bit blurry.

    The player itself is powered by 2 AAA batteries, and as for how long
    they last in it, I have no idea, as the player died within two hours.

    Before it died, I got to check out the features, these are ok.. it has a
    6 preset equalizer, plus a dynamic bass boost. Firmware upgradeable,
    ability to create 99 folders, logo on startup change, and folder
    deletion among other things.

    It has a s/n ratio of 85db and does sound good once you have decent
    headphones. I can't remember the other specs.

    For a budget mp3 player with decent enough features, it may be value for
    money. The only let down being the tiny screen for the size of the
    player and the cheap look and feel.

    I have since returned it and got a refund, but it may of been a faulty
    unit.
    JC, Dec 20, 2005

  2. On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:50:23 +1300, JC <> wrote in

    > I have since returned it and got a refund, but it may of been a faulty
    > unit.

    It "may of" been?
    Good grief!

    --
    Talpus Grumpus
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Dec 20, 2005

  3. JC

    JC Guest

    Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    > On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:50:23 +1300, JC <> wrote in
    >

    >>I have since returned it and got a refund, but it may of been a faulty
    >>unit.

    > It "may of" been?
    > Good grief!

    oops never realised I wrote that. It "was" a faulty unit.
    JC, Dec 21, 2005
  4. On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 08:00:00 +1300, JC <> wrote in

    > Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >> On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:50:23 +1300, JC <> wrote in
    >>
    >>>I have since returned it and got a refund, but it may of been a faulty
    >>>unit.

    >> It "may of" been?
    >> Good grief!
    >>

    > oops never realised I wrote that. It "was" a faulty unit.

    Mustapha bin. :)

    --
    Nicolaas
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Dec 21, 2005
  5. On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:50:23 +1300, JC wrote:

    > It has a s/n ratio of 85db and does sound good once you have decent
    > headphones. I can't remember the other specs.

    S/n ratio - very poor, IMHO.

    And the fact that it crapped out within two hours... *definitely* "budget"
    material.

    Undeniably Sluttish

    --
    Free software on every PC on every desk.
    Mr Undeniably Sluttish, Dec 22, 2005
  6. On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:42:35 +1300, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

    >> I have since returned it and got a refund, but it may of been a faulty
    >> unit.

    > It "may of" been?
    > Good grief!

    At least he didn't say "June of been". What does he mean by saying
    something is "of been"?

    Undeniably Sluttish

    --
    Free software on every PC on every desk.
    people denounce us as seeking special rights."
    Mr Undeniably Sluttish, Dec 28, 2005