    http://www.infinity-customs.com
    Click the banner on there to view the flash animation (Shockwave required).
    Join the site too, we could use more people in the forums (hope you don't mind my small plug here).

    The Modfather, Sep 13, 2005

  2. The Modfather

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Nice animated worklog, I hadn't seen that before :D

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 13, 2005

  3. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Really? Yer on my site several times a day and never saw that? Maann, I gotta make it more obvious. :)

    The Modfather, Sep 13, 2005
  4. The Modfather

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    I link to the forums :oops:

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 13, 2005
  5. The Modfather

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    i like, i like alot! very nice indeed, lots of effort went into that one, didnt it?

    XhArD, Sep 13, 2005
  6. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Oooh, just a wee bit XhArD, yep... :)
    Robert, link to the main site, ya hoser! I post stuff on there for you to read, ya know? :)

    The Modfather, Sep 13, 2005
  7. The Modfather

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    is that nos bottle on the side for water cooling?

    XhArD, Sep 13, 2005
  8. The Modfather

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    :oops: For me? :eek: Mate I feel special now, will check it once a week for you I promise :lol:

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 13, 2005
  9. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Nice.... i like it... its what i call a MOD :D
    if i had tons of time... not to mention money i would so do something cool like that :D including the Sweet LCD... by any chance did u use a Sony PSone lcd?

    unholy, Sep 13, 2005
  10. The Modfather

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    youll never have money nathan, maybe if you saved for ages, but youd prolly spend it buying another 26GB of RAM or something :p

    XhArD, Sep 14, 2005
  11. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    hey who told u i was making my quad core Opteron soonz??????

    unholy, Sep 14, 2005
  12. The Modfather

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    it was a lucky guess :p

    XhArD, Sep 14, 2005
  13. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Quad Core Opteron? Does such a thing even exist????
    The NoS tank isn't for water cooling, no, it's actually a 2lb class E oxygen tank (I looked into actual NoS bottles, the run from $250 UP and that was way too much to spend for just a cosmetic part of the mod). The rig isn't water cooled, it's a combination of both heatpipe cooling and 120mm fans. It's only OC'd by 400MHZ and runs at about 31c on heavy load and about 28c idle.
    The specs are on my site but the cost (prices are as of 1 year ago for the things, they've come down but this is what's out of my pocket) is around $7000-9000 USD.
    The LCD isn't a Sony, it's from Parts Express, it's the same LCD that Troy from CMG used for the Moby2 mod he did. Chopping that front door panel was a major pain in the rear end, it's solid aluminum and corrogated, believe it or not we chopped it with a saw-saw. Behind the moulding it's kind of a jagged mess but I tried to clean it up with a roatary grinder so it's not too bad and with the trim and backing you don't see it at all anyway.
    I just wanna win the darned CPU Mad Reader Mod so I can throw some DDR2 in there and a new 7800 GTX video card. Then it'll be totally done. :)

    The Modfather, Sep 14, 2005
  14. The Modfather

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    $$9K USD??? :shock: damn. thats a Crapload of McCrap!

    XhArD, Sep 14, 2005
  15. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    No McCrap here, I don't use McProducts. Well, except for my MciPod. :)

    The Modfather, Sep 14, 2005
  16. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    dam MciPods they suck... REPLACE IT NOW!!! :D
    9K USD man... u could by a SUPER grunty PC for that :|
    how much did the LCD set u back? 100-200?
    4 cores... 1 Board 2 slots, two X2's :D not so sure about the 26gb of ram... but 8gb is fesable :D

    unholy, Sep 15, 2005
  17. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Oh, that's cheating, that's two dual cores, not quad cores. That's only 2 cores, ya can't trick me like that. :) The Maximum PC Dream Machine 2005 (Code named DMX) is like that, 2 dual core opterons.
    Anyway, yeah, right now, for $9k, I could get a sweet ass rig, probably a Voodoo or something. But it wouldn't be MY rig, it'd be someone else's design and it wouldn't be a mod, it'd be a prefab. I build my own rigs. Somebody asked me one time if I was to sell it what would I ask for it. Not possible to even try, I mean, computers drop in value so fast it ain't funny. What I paid that much for last year ain't worth half that this year, so how could I even try to make anything from it? I'd lose money no matter what. If I said $10k, that's only $1k for a years worth of work, heck with that.

    The Modfather, Sep 15, 2005
  18. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    gee... computer industry is ripping u off man, give em a beating to set it straight :D

    unholy, Sep 16, 2005
  19. The Modfather

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Yeh fix the worlds economy while you're at it :p

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 16, 2005
  20. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Ok... Done.
    For my next trick, I'll pull a real Quad Core processor out of my butt. :)

    The Modfather, Sep 16, 2005