    the newer model sufficiently more impressive to justify the extra.

    Thanks,

    Andrew TAT

    That Annoying Twit..., Nov 27, 2003

  2. That Annoying Twit...

    Guest

    On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 23:14:02 -0500, "That Annoying Twit..."
    <>
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >I haven't been in this NG for a little while, and I was wondering does
    >anybody have any experience with the Canon S9000 and Illford papers?
    >
    >The reason I am asking is that someone showed me some pretty impressive
    >enlargements done on Canon Paper. And it has me wondering about getting one
    >of these printers for myself. The only problem is I have a preference for
    >the Illford Galleria papers, which are pretty impressive in the Epson
    >printers, BUT I have heard some horror stories of NON Canon papers in Canon
    >Printers.
    >
    >So I am wondering .... I know the S9000 has officially been replaced but is
    >the newer model sufficiently more impressive to justify the extra.
    >

    >Thanks,
    >

    >Andrew TAT

    In the short time I've had an i9100 I've tried Ilford Galerie, mostly
    smooth and classic pearl but a bit of gloss, and found it to be
    outstanding. The pearl was particularly good with black & white too.
    I haven't tried gloss B&W. I've just bought a huge batch of the stuff
    now.

    MJ

    , Nov 27, 2003

  3. That Annoying Twit...

    UWISH Guest

    >In the short time I've had an i9100 I've tried Ilford Galerie, mostly
    >smooth and classic pearl but a bit of gloss, and found it to be
    >outstanding. The pearl was particularly good with black & white too.
    >I haven't tried gloss B&W. I've just bought a huge batch of the stuff
    >now.
    >
    >MJ

    Yes MJ,
    I have been using Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss in my S900 and agree with you,
    the prints are absolutely outstanding. I get it at Sams Club at $25 for 100
    sheets.
    Chris

    UWISH, Nov 27, 2003
  4. That Annoying Twit...

    dslr Guest

    wrote:

    > On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 23:14:02 -0500, "That Annoying Twit..."
    > <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hello,
    > >I haven't been in this NG for a little while, and I was wondering does
    > >anybody have any experience with the Canon S9000 and Illford papers?
    > >
    > >The reason I am asking is that someone showed me some pretty impressive
    > >enlargements done on Canon Paper. And it has me wondering about getting one
    > >of these printers for myself. The only problem is I have a preference for
    > >the Illford Galleria papers, which are pretty impressive in the Epson
    > >printers, BUT I have heard some horror stories of NON Canon papers in Canon
    > >Printers.
    > >
    > >So I am wondering .... I know the S9000 has officially been replaced but is
    > >the newer model sufficiently more impressive to justify the extra.
    > >

    > In the short time I've had an i9100 I've tried Ilford Galerie, mostly
    > smooth and classic pearl but a bit of gloss, and found it to be
    > outstanding. The pearl was particularly good with black & white too.
    > I haven't tried gloss B&W. I've just bought a huge batch of the stuff
    > now.

    Are you using any profiles to get the B&Ws?
    I tend to get a green cast on Classic Gloss, which I haven't yet managed
    to solve successfully.

    --
    regards,
    dslr

    dslr, Nov 27, 2003
  5. That Annoying Twit...

    Guest

    On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:14:18 +0000 (UTC), dslr
    <> wrote:

    >> In the short time I've had an i9100 I've tried Ilford Galerie, mostly
    >> smooth and classic pearl but a bit of gloss, and found it to be
    >> outstanding. The pearl was particularly good with black & white too.
    >> I haven't tried gloss B&W. I've just bought a huge batch of the stuff
    >> now.

    >Are you using any profiles to get the B&Ws?
    >I tend to get a green cast on Classic Gloss, which I haven't yet managed
    >to solve successfully.

    I haven't tried the gloss with B&W, only colour, but I can't be
    certain as I've tried about 6 different brands of paper this past
    month. I've done quite a bit on the classic and smooth pearl, settings
    as per the data sheet with the paper, and got good results. No cast at
    all. No special profiles. I used Q Image to layout the pics and
    print.

    MJ

    , Nov 28, 2003
  6. That Annoying Twit...

    dslr Guest

    wrote:

    > On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:14:18 +0000 (UTC), dslr
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >> In the short time I've had an i9100 I've tried Ilford Galerie, mostly
    > >> smooth and classic pearl but a bit of gloss, and found it to be
    > >> outstanding. The pearl was particularly good with black & white too.
    > >> I haven't tried gloss B&W. I've just bought a huge batch of the stuff
    > >> now.

    > >Are you using any profiles to get the B&Ws?
    > >I tend to get a green cast on Classic Gloss, which I haven't yet managed
    > >to solve successfully.

    > I haven't tried the gloss with B&W, only colour, but I can't be
    > certain as I've tried about 6 different brands of paper this past
    > month. I've done quite a bit on the classic and smooth pearl, settings
    > as per the data sheet with the paper, and got good results. No cast at
    > all. No special profiles. I used Q Image to layout the pics and
    > print.

    Thanks, I'll give some Pearl a try. The cast I get is more metamerism
    than a constant cast, but it is a pain when prints go under the lights
    at club comps and look more like green & whites :-(

    --
    regards,
    dslr

    dslr, Nov 28, 2003
  7. That Annoying Twit...

    Guest

    In message <>,
    "That Annoying Twit..."
    <>
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >I haven't been in this NG for a little while, and I was wondering does
    >anybody have any experience with the Canon S9000 and Illford papers?
    >
    >The reason I am asking is that someone showed me some pretty impressive
    >enlargements done on Canon Paper. And it has me wondering about getting one
    >of these printers for myself. The only problem is I have a preference for
    >the Illford Galleria papers, which are pretty impressive in the Epson
    >printers, BUT I have heard some horror stories of NON Canon papers in Canon
    >Printers.
    >
    >So I am wondering .... I know the S9000 has officially been replaced but is
    >the newer model sufficiently more impressive to justify the extra.

    You need to use the "Classic" Ilford paper; the "Smooth" paper will have
    everything fading to red after a few weeks, if exposed to the sun and/or
    gases. Smooth are only good gramed in glass, or in albums.
    --

    John P Sheehy <>

    , Nov 28, 2003