  1. Did anyone think that soundtrack to "The Butterfly Effect" was too loud?
    I kept having to lower the volume (and bass) during the intense scenes.
    This was very reminiscent to the very loud "Underworld".

    Maverick Dude, Jul 10, 2004

  2. Maverick Dude

    lrulan Guest

    "Maverick Dude" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Did anyone think that soundtrack to "The Butterfly Effect" was too loud?
    > I kept having to lower the volume (and bass) during the intense scenes.
    > This was very reminiscent to the very loud "Underworld".

    Is that what the problem was? Heh, I saw my cat jump 2 feet in the air while
    watching that movie everytime that BOOM came on the soundtrack. I was in the
    kitchen at the time and the sound wasn't that loud in there.

    lrulan, Jul 10, 2004

  3. >>Did anyone think that soundtrack to "The
    >> Butterfly Effect" was too loud? I kept having to
    >> lower the volume (and bass) during the intense
    >> scenes. This was very reminiscent to the very
    >> loud "Underworld".

    >Is that what the problem was? Heh, I saw my cat
    > jump 2 feet in the air while watching that movie
    > everytime that BOOM came on the soundtrack. I
    > was in the kitchen at the time and the sound
    > wasn't that loud in there.

    I had to lower the dynamic range, I guess mostly everyone in this
    newsgroup prefer loud, since I seem to be the only one complaining.

    Maverick Dude, Jul 10, 2004
  4. "Maverick Dude" <> wrote in message
    > >>Did anyone think that soundtrack to "The
    > >> Butterfly Effect" was too loud? I kept having to
    > >> lower the volume (and bass) during the intense
    > >> scenes. This was very reminiscent to the very
    > >> loud "Underworld".

    > >Is that what the problem was? Heh, I saw my cat
    > > jump 2 feet in the air while watching that movie
    > > everytime that BOOM came on the soundtrack. I
    > > was in the kitchen at the time and the sound
    > > wasn't that loud in there.

    > I had to lower the dynamic range, I guess mostly everyone in this
    > newsgroup prefer loud, since I seem to be the only one complaining.

    Maybe it's just simply a matter of film quality. I am quite sure the average
    person in the NG won't buy this dvd cause it just isn't all that great. When
    it was released theatrically, the movie took a dive bomb so "loud" I could
    hear it at the end of my street. Interesting idea that is poorly executed.
    What ended up was not what the producers wanted I am sure. Everyone has
    their own taste so I am not knocking the poster here. I am responding to the
    comment that the poster stated "...I guess mostly everyone in this
    newsgroup prefer loud, since I seem to be the only one complaining". You are
    the only one complaining cause you are one of the few that own this dvd.

    Tad Bitt§ï£, Jul 11, 2004
  5. Maverick Dude

    Rutgar Guest

    On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 13:54:37 -0600, (Maverick
    Dude) wrote:

    >>>Did anyone think that soundtrack to "The
    >>> Butterfly Effect" was too loud? I kept having to
    >>> lower the volume (and bass) during the intense
    >>> scenes. This was very reminiscent to the very
    >>> loud "Underworld".

    >>Is that what the problem was? Heh, I saw my cat
    >> jump 2 feet in the air while watching that movie
    >> everytime that BOOM came on the soundtrack. I
    >> was in the kitchen at the time and the sound
    >> wasn't that loud in there.

    >I had to lower the dynamic range, I guess mostly everyone in this
    >newsgroup prefer loud, since I seem to be the only one complaining.

    Mybe it's just as simple as no one in this group wants to watch a
    movie with Ashton Kutcher in it.

    - Rutgar

    Rutgar, Jul 11, 2004
  6. Maverick Dude

    Eric R. Guest

    "Tad Bitt§ï£" <> wrote in message news:<bkaIc.1$>...

    > the movie took a dive bomb so "loud" I could
    > hear it at the end of my street.

    I'm told a couple of cosomonauts actually saw it from space.

    -Eric

    Eric R., Jul 12, 2004
  7. Maverick Dude

    Eric R. Guest

    Rutgar <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > Mybe it's just as simple as no one in this group wants to watch a
    > movie with Ashton Kutcher in it.

    I don't want to watch one of his movies, but I would like to punch him
    in the face--repeatedly, if possible. I suppose that makes me sort of
    a fan.

    -Eric

    Eric R., Jul 12, 2004
  8. Maverick Dude

    Jeff Hansman Guest

    Ah, Ashton Kutcher. The new Keanu Reeves.

    Jeff Hansman, Jul 20, 2004
  9. >Mybe it's just as simple as no one in this group
    > wants to watch a movie with Ashton Kutcher in it.

    >- Rutgar

    Well, I wasn't interested in seeing a film with Ashton Kutcher either,
    but I decided to give it a spin, and ended up thoroughly enjoying the
    film, but that's JMHO. Anyway, I also listened to the commentary, and
    was surprised to find out that the director intentionally mastered the
    soundtrack louder than usual in order to make the film more intense.

    So, in conclusion, I have found the answer to my question, even though
    the soundtrack is "still" too loud. :)

    Maverick Dude, Jul 20, 2004