    too long. Too many solid, upstanding, capitalist corporations now believe in
    and depend on open source. They are making money, and they aren't going to
    allow the anti-FOSS FUD to stand unchallenged."
    Bling-Bling, Apr 5, 2005

  2. Bling-Bling

    Peter Guest

    Peter, Apr 5, 2005

  3. Bling-Bling

    steve Guest

    Bling-Bling wrote:
    > A facinating read about Micro$oft's superior <sniggar> customer relations
    > techniques.
    >
    > http://clevescene.com/issues/2005-03-30/news/feature_print.html
    >
    > Bling Bling

    Good one.

    Lazy, arrogant Microsoft lawyers get caught out.

    steve, Apr 5, 2005
  4. Bling-Bling

    Adam Guest

    On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 19:32:19 +1200, Bling-Bling wrote:

    >A facinating read about Micro$oft's superior <sniggar> customer relations
    >techniques.
    >
    >http://clevescene.com/issues/2005-03-30/news/feature_print.html

    Well worth the read ... though he "won" his case, the killer for me
    is:

    "Zamos is no longer allowed to speak about the case, which is just the
    way Microsoft wants it."

    Adam.
    Adam, Apr 5, 2005
  5. Bling-Bling

    Windows User Guest

    <> wrote:

    >A facinating read about Micro$oft's superior <sniggar> customer relations
    >techniques.
    >
    >http://clevescene.com/issues/2005-03-30/news/feature_print.html

    Once you dig through all the bullshit and obfuscation then this last
    statement near the very bottom sticks out like dogs balls

    "Microsoft's academic program is a special low cost program that
    promotes education by providing students and qualified academic
    institutions software at reduced prices. This program can be abused
    when software is purchased for academic prices and resold to the
    general public."

    In NZ there are restrictions on what end users can sell so why this
    should be different is a mystery
    Windows User, Apr 5, 2005
  6. Bling-Bling

    Windows User Guest

    On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 21:36:05 +1200, Peter <>
    wrote:

    >Bling-Bling wrote:
    >> A facinating read about Micro$oft's superior <sniggar> customer relations
    >> techniques.
    >>
    >> http://clevescene.com/issues/2005-03-30/news/feature_print.html

    >sorta long - but an interesting read
    >(should be compulsory reading for those who think Microsoft is all goodness
    >and light)

    Anyone believe this?
    Windows User, Apr 5, 2005
  7. Bling-Bling

    Mercury Guest

    "sorta long"?

    Huge waffle.

    What was the point?

    Mercury, Apr 5, 2005
  8. Bling-Bling

    Max Burke Guest

    > Windows User scribbled:

    >> Peter wrote:

    >> Bling-Bling wrote:
    >>> A facinating read about Micro$oft's superior <sniggar> customer
    >>> relations techniques.
    >>> http://clevescene.com/issues/2005-03-30/news/feature_print.html

    >> sorta long - but an interesting read
    >> (should be compulsory reading for those who think Microsoft is all
    >> goodness and light)

    > Anyone believe this?

    Naaaa....

    It's just anothe MS bashing post from some Linux 'advocates'.....

    Found Images
    Max Burke, Apr 5, 2005
  9. Bling-Bling

    shannon Guest

    On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 09:08:49 +1200, Max Burke wrote:

    >> Windows User scribbled:

    >>> Peter wrote:

    >>> sorta long - but an interesting read
    >>> (should be compulsory reading for those who think Microsoft is all
    >>> goodness and light)

    >> Anyone believe this?

    > Naaaa....
    >
    > It's just anothe MS bashing post from some Linux 'advocates'.....

    *RTFA*
    Its a Windows user's fight with Microsoft all the way, I don't think linux
    is mentioned at all.
    shannon, Apr 5, 2005
  10. Bling-Bling

    Bret Guest

    On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 23:18:44 +1200, Windows User
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 19:32:19 +1200, Bling-Bling
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>A facinating read about Micro$oft's superior <sniggar> customer relations
    >>techniques.
    >>
    >>http://clevescene.com/issues/2005-03-30/news/feature_print.html

    >Once you dig through all the bullshit and obfuscation then this last
    >statement near the very bottom sticks out like dogs balls
    >
    >"Microsoft's academic program is a special low cost program that
    >promotes education by providing students and qualified academic
    >institutions software at reduced prices. This program can be abused
    >when software is purchased for academic prices and resold to the
    >general public."
    >
    >In NZ there are restrictions on what end users can sell so why this
    >should be different is a mystery

    Try reading all the words on the page and you wont look so foolish :)
    Bret, Apr 5, 2005
  11. In article <>,
    Windows User <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 19:32:19 +1200, Bling-Bling
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>A facinating read about Micro$oft's superior <sniggar> customer relations
    >>techniques.
    >>
    >>http://clevescene.com/issues/2005-03-30/news/feature_print.html

    >Once you dig through all the bullshit and obfuscation then this last
    >statement near the very bottom sticks out like dogs balls
    >
    >"Microsoft's academic program is a special low cost program that
    >promotes education by providing students and qualified academic
    >institutions software at reduced prices. This program can be abused
    >when software is purchased for academic prices and resold to the
    >general public."
    >
    >In NZ there are restrictions on what end users can sell so why this
    >should be different is a mystery

    The mystery is explained in the article. The guy bought the items in
    good faith, found he couldn't use them, and then was told that Microsoft
    wouldn't accept the returns. So he could either a) say goodbye to his
    money, or b) try to recoup his losses by reselling the items.

    Microsoft forced him into the latter course by its policies and
    behaviour. And then tried to sue him when he followed it.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 5, 2005
  12. Hi there,

    Max Burke wrote:
    >> Windows User scribbled:

    >>> Peter wrote:

    >>> sorta long - but an interesting read
    >>> (should be compulsory reading for those who think Microsoft is all
    >>> goodness and light)

    >> Anyone believe this?

    > Naaaa....
    >
    > It's just anothe MS bashing post from some Linux 'advocates'.....

    ....why is your reply so predictable Max? Are you the Microsoft
    squeegee guy?

    Find something better to do, you arse-licking fuckstick...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

    Software patents are killing our freedom, STOP THEM NOW!
    Chris Wilkinson, Apr 6, 2005
  13. Bling-Bling

    Bret Guest

    On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 09:54:57 +1000, Chris Wilkinson
    <> wrote:

    >> It's just anothe MS bashing post from some Linux 'advocates'.....

    >...why is your reply so predictable Max? Are you the Microsoft
    >squeegee guy?
    >
    >Find something better to do, you arse-licking fuckstick...

    Very graphic Chris, are you an artist :)
    Bret, Apr 6, 2005
  14. Hi there,

    Bret wrote:
    > On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 09:54:57 +1000, Chris Wilkinson
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>>It's just anothe MS bashing post from some Linux 'advocates'.....

    >>...why is your reply so predictable Max? Are you the Microsoft
    >>squeegee guy?
    >>
    >>Find something better to do, you arse-licking fuckstick...

    > Very graphic Chris, are you an artist :)

    Not really, just feel a need to 'colour' my posts sometimes! :)

    Max pretends not to advocate either way on the Win vs. Lin debate,
    but I tend to feel a need to hypothesize on the existence of paid
    pro-MS trolls on usenet whenever I read his posts...don't know why
    of course... :)

    Chris Wilkinson, Apr 6, 2005
  15. Bling-Bling

    Max Burke Guest

    > Bret scribbled:

    >> Chris Wilkinson wrote:

    >>> It's just anothe MS bashing post from some Linux 'advocates'.....

    >> ...why is your reply so predictable Max? Are you the Microsoft
    >> squeegee guy?
    >> Find something better to do, you arse-licking fuckstick...

    > Very graphic Chris, are you an artist :)

    Naaa, he claims to be a Linux 'advocate'.....

    Found Images
    Max Burke, Apr 6, 2005
  16. Bling-Bling

    Max Burke Guest

    > shannon scribbled:

    >>> Anyone believe this?

    >> Naaaa....
    >> It's just anothe MS bashing post from some Linux 'advocates'.....

    > *RTFA*
    > Its a Windows user's fight with Microsoft all the way, I don't think
    > linux is mentioned at all.

    See the subject line and the OP's comments, and their previous 'advocacy'
    for Linux tha consists only of Microsoft bashing....

    Found Images
    Max Burke, Apr 6, 2005
  17. Bling-Bling

    shannon Guest

    On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:57:34 +1200, Max Burke wrote:

    >> shannon scribbled:

    >>> Naaaa....
    >>> It's just anothe MS bashing post from some Linux 'advocates'.....

    >> *RTFA*
    >> Its a Windows user's fight with Microsoft all the way, I don't think
    >> linux is mentioned at all.

    > See the subject line and the OP's comments, and their previous 'advocacy'
    > for Linux tha consists only of Microsoft bashing....

    Don't stalk him, you have plenty of opportunity for your anti linux
    trolling in linux threads.
    Microsoft were obviously heavy handed corporate bullies in this incident,
    they deserved the criticism.
    shannon, Apr 6, 2005
  18. Bling-Bling

    Bret Guest

    On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 17:54:00 +1200, "Max Burke" <>
    wrote:

    >> Bret scribbled:

    >>> ...why is your reply so predictable Max? Are you the Microsoft
    >>> squeegee guy?
    >>> Find something better to do, you arse-licking fuckstick...

    >> Very graphic Chris, are you an artist :)

    >Naaa, he claims to be a Linux 'advocate'.....

    You forgot the smiley Max.
    Bret, Apr 6, 2005
  19. Bling-Bling

    Bret Guest

    On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:02:24 +1000, Chris Wilkinson
    <> wrote:

    >Hi there,
    >
    >Bret wrote:

    >>>...why is your reply so predictable Max? Are you the Microsoft
    >>>squeegee guy?
    >>>
    >>>Find something better to do, you arse-licking fuckstick...

    >> Very graphic Chris, are you an artist :)

    >Not really, just feel a need to 'colour' my posts sometimes! :)
    >
    >Max pretends not to advocate either way on the Win vs. Lin debate,
    >but I tend to feel a need to hypothesize on the existence of paid
    >pro-MS trolls on usenet whenever I read his posts...don't know why
    >of course... :)

    A mythical beast perhaps?
    Bret, Apr 6, 2005
  20. Bling-Bling

    Windows User Guest

    On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 09:49:34 +1200, Bret <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 23:18:44 +1200, Windows User
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 19:32:19 +1200, Bling-Bling
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>A facinating read about Micro$oft's superior <sniggar> customer relations
    >>>techniques.
    >>>
    >>>http://clevescene.com/issues/2005-03-30/news/feature_print.html

    >>Once you dig through all the bullshit and obfuscation then this last
    >>statement near the very bottom sticks out like dogs balls
    >>
    >>"Microsoft's academic program is a special low cost program that
    >>promotes education by providing students and qualified academic
    >>institutions software at reduced prices. This program can be abused
    >>when software is purchased for academic prices and resold to the
    >>general public."
    >>
    >>In NZ there are restrictions on what end users can sell so why this
    >>should be different is a mystery

    >Try reading all the words on the page and you wont look so foolish :)

    I don't
    The guy buys adcademic software and ends up reselling it on Ebay
    To someone he doesn't know if they are a qualified education user or
    not
    Windows User, Apr 6, 2005