The Birth Of Thriller Cover chapter 2--The Call Back

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by HiBob, May 27, 2008.

  1. HiBob

    HiBob Guest

    The Call Back

    Three days later I received a phone call from CBS Records saying that
    phase one was over and now Michael wanted to come to see my studio
    and
    look at my photographs. My studio entrance has a loud buzzer, but
    instead there was a very gentle knock at the door. Rather than have
    my
    secretary answer the door, I wanted to answer it myself. I wanted
    Michael to know that I was real and approachable and also wanted to
    avoid anything that may have had the potential of creating an
    uncomfortable situation for Michael. Evidently I passed the test as I
    received confirmation two days later from CBS that Michael had
    selected me to do the honors, and the album shoot was scheduled to
    take place in two weeks.

    My fee from CBS was to be $4,000.00 - which was very good back then
    (and just about top dollar for an album cover). During the next two
    weeks I had various meetings with the creative heads from CBS and
    Freddie Demand, Michael's Manager at that time. The purpose was to
    create a visual direction for the album that everyone agreed on.

    Source:
    http://www.michael-jackson-lyrics.com
    HiBob, May 27, 2008