The Biggest Digital Camera in the World.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by AnOvercomer, Aug 28, 2003.

  1. > > > The Bible states "as far as the East is from the West". You can head east
    > > > forever and you'll still be moving east no matter how many times you
    > > > circle the earth but if you head north, you'll reach a point where you'll
    > > > be heading south. That can only happen on an earth that is round.

    > >
    > > Yes, but how do you get all of that from "as far as the East is from the West"
    > > ????
    > > Especially the part about if you head north you will eventually be heading south?

    >
    > Then head north. As soon as you cross the north pole, you'll be heading
    > south. Head east, the is no "east pole", you'll always be heading east.


    We know that, the question is AGAIN.... How did you get all that from the quote you gave????

    > > You remind me of some tv evangelist I saw one night who read some passage out of
    > > the bible, and then said: "What God is saying here is that all heavy metal music
    > > is evil."

    >
    > Except I haven't preached a single word.


    You took a phrase from the bible, quoted it here, then made a statement as if somehow the bible
    gives all those conclusions in the statement you shown. You are like a televangelist that makes
    the bible talk about heavy metal music when it mentions nothing of the sort.

    > You're making assumptions about
    > my religion and you haven't a clue. Narrow minded person, you are.


    We are not talking about your religion at all, only about how the bible says the earth is flat.
    Remember, Columbus was not around yet at the time man wrote the bible.

    > You DO realize even atheist historians admit Jesus was an actual person?


    Yes, and that some of those same people believe Santa Claus was an actual person too. I am sure
    that many believe the tooth fairy is real too, so what does that prove? They are real because
    idiots believe them to be real?

    MOST atheists know that jesus is only a fictional character of christian mythology. No one can
    rise from the dead, walk on water, fly into outer space or live forever.

    Sure, some people believe otherwise, so what? That doesn't change facts.
     
    Cheryl Conice, Aug 29, 2003
    #41
    1. Advertising

  2. AnOvercomer wrote:

    > Where in the Bible does it say the Earth is flat?


    The Shape of the Earth

    Disregarding the dome, the essential flatness of the earth's surface is
    required by verses like Daniel 4:10-11. In Daniel, the king “saw a tree of
    great height at the centre of the earth...reaching with its top to the sky
    and visible to the earth's farthest bounds.” If the earth were flat, a
    sufficiently tall tree would be visible to “the earth's farthest bounds,”
    but this is impossible on a spherical earth. Likewise, in describing the
    temptation of Jesus by Satan, Matthew 4:8 says, “Once again, the devil took
    him to a very high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world
    in their glory.” Obviously, this would be possible only if the earth were
    flat.
    The same is true of Revelation 1:7: “Behold, he is coming with the clouds!
    Every eye shall see him...”

    Another argument that the Bible is a flat-earth book is its references to
    the earth's “corners.” For example, “After this, I saw four angels
    stationed at the four corners of the earth holding back the four
    winds...(Revelation 7:1). The modern flat-earth model doesn't
    have corners.)


    Also, since the bible was written before Columbus realized the earth was
    not flat, is it really that much of a surprise that the bible would say
    that the earth is flat? That is what people thought when they wrote this
    religion. The fact that modern man is still following this ancient
    religion is what is so hard to believe.
     
    Cheryl Conice, Aug 29, 2003
    #42
    1. Advertising

  3. AnOvercomer

    daytripper Guest

    On 29 Aug 2003 15:01:38 -0700, (blech) wrote:

    >daytripper <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> On 29 Aug 2003 15:41:02 GMT, George Kerby <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >On 8/29/03 10:15 AM, in article ,
    >> >"daytripper" <> wrote:
    >> >
    >> >> On 29 Aug 2003 14:37:10 GMT, George Kerby <> wrote:
    >> >>
    >> >>> On 8/29/03 6:45 AM, in article
    >> >>> c2H3b.3999$, "Bowser" <>
    >> >>> wrote:
    >> >>>
    >> >>>>
    >> >>>> FWIW, the scientists and the religious crowd can peacefully coexist if they
    >> >>>> use just a little thought. Of the four cosmological proofs of the existence
    >> >>>> of God, one, the one I like to cling to, dovetails perfectly with the
    >> >>>> scientists, and explains much of what we see.
    >> >>> Agreed. Both depend largely on faith. Those that are inflexable will never
    >> >>> be able accept others thought/ideas. Only the open-minded will be able to
    >> >>> accept the unseeable and not demand "proof" of things.
    >> >>
    >> >> [..../]
    >> >>
    >> >> Bullcrapometer
    >> >^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >> >Need I say more?
    >> >I rest my case...

    >>
    >> Yes, indeed one can only hope you will cease your feeble attempts to drive
    >> physics down to the level of a bunch of wine-crazed shepherds...

    >
    >So you're a physicist?
    >
    >I wonder what a real physicist would say about this?
    >
    >"So, many if not most of the major branches of science were founded by
    >Bible-believing Christians. As a physicist I also find it intriguing
    >that the five greatest physicists in history--Newton, Faraday,
    >Thompson, Maxwell, and Einstein--were each outspoken in their belief
    >that the universe was placed here by a Creator. Furthermore, four of
    >the five were staunch Christians with firm convictions that the Bible
    >is the authoritative Word of God." Henry M. Morris, Ph.D.
    >
    >
    >Isaac Newton (1642-1727) invented calculus, discovered the law of
    >gravity and the three laws of motion, anticipated the law of energy
    >conservation, developed the particle theory of light propagation, and
    >invented the reflecting telescope. He firmly believed in Jesus Christ
    >as his Savior and the Bible as God's word, and wrote many books on
    >these topics.
    >
    >Michael Faraday (1791-1867) was one of the greatest physicists of all
    >time, developed foundational concepts in electricity and magnetism,
    >invented the electrical generator, and made many contributions to the
    >field of chemistry. He was active in the various ministries of his
    >church, both private and public, and had an abiding faith in the Bible
    >and in prayer.
    >
    >John Dalton (1766-1844) was the father of atomic theory, which
    >revolutionized chemistry. He was an orthodox, Bible-believing
    >Christian.
    >
    >William Thompson, Lord Kelvin (1824-1907) is considered one of the
    >all-time great physicists. He established thermodynamics on a formal
    >scientific basis, providing a precise statement of the first and
    >second laws of thermodynamics. Lord Kelvin was a strong Christian,
    >opposing both Lyellian uniformitarianism and Darwinian evolution. In
    >1903, shortly before his death, he made the unequivocal statement
    >that, "With regard to the origin of life, science...positively affirms
    >creative power.
    >
    >Werner Von Braun (1912-1977) was the father of space science. He
    >wrote, ."..the vast mysteries of the universe should only confirm our
    >belief in the certainty of its Creator. I find it as difficult to
    >understand a scientist who does not acknowledge the presence of a
    >superior rationality behind the existence of the universe as it is to
    >comprehend a theologian who would deny the advances of science."
    >
    >I doubt you were taught any of this in college.


    We all have our faults. So did they...
     
    daytripper, Aug 29, 2003
    #43
  4. > Who says the Earth is millions of years old? Those dummies who said man
    > evolved fom a monkey?


    The only dummies who ever said anything close to man evolving from monkeys
    or apes are CHRISTIANS who always like to twist things and fail to quote
    people accurately.

    No believer of evolution ever said that humans evolved from apes. If that
    were true, then there would no longer be any apes around. Apes and humans
    evolved from the same form of species that branched off into different
    species. Obviously horses, zebras and donkeys had the same common
    ancestors as well, but no one said horses evolved from zebras.

    With dogs, cats, humans, you have many difference "races" of each of those
    species.

    > The average life span of a man these days is
    > probably about 70 years. Who can say the Earth is millions of years old?


    Because we can see how long it takes for things to erode, then take a look
    at the grand canyon and figure out how long approximately that would have
    had to take to get like that, and all sorts of other things you can gage
    with time, then understand that the planet had to be around a hell of a lot
    longer than 6000 years like some dodo stated.
     
    Cheryl Conice, Aug 29, 2003
    #44
  5. > > > We haven't a clue about "flying reptiles"
    > >
    > > Birds.

    >
    > See, now you're talking about a modern animal. That has nothing to do with
    > a flying reptile fossil.


    Oh, a fossil. Well those are not theory or guesses, those are facts you and I can both see for ourselves. Place
    a dead bird on the ground and see how long it takes to fossilize like that, or how long several feet of new soil and
    ground layers cover it.

    > > > apples to oranges.

    > >
    > > Both fruit.
    > > But we also know the earth is older than 6000 years, that too is too easy.

    >
    > Ok, so you say. Where is the proof?


    Do I need proof for my stated fact that you are not 2 years old and not 200 years old? No proof is needed to any
    person with reasonable common sense. Our calendar itself is 2003 years old, so it doesn't take a rocket scientist
    to figure the rest out.

    > Again, where is the proof it's older than 6000 years? I'm not saying
    > it is or isn't, only you cannot prove it is either way.


    If you ask me to PROVE with text on a newsgroup that you are older than 2 years old, I will not be able to do it.
    Does that mean that you are younger than 2 years old because I can't prove it?

    I can't prove that the sky looks blue, or that the oceans contain water here on this newsgroup either.

    I guess you would win those arguments as well if we are going to base everything on what I can or can not prove.
     
    Cheryl Conice, Aug 29, 2003
    #45
  6. AnOvercomer

    blech Guest

    Cheryl Conice <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > > > > We haven't a clue about "flying reptiles"
    > > >
    > > > Birds.

    > >
    > > See, now you're talking about a modern animal. That has nothing to do with
    > > a flying reptile fossil.

    >
    > Oh, a fossil. Well those are not theory or guesses, those are facts you and I can both see for ourselves. Place
    > a dead bird on the ground and see how long it takes to fossilize like that, or how long several feet of new soil and
    > ground layers cover it.
    >
    > > > > apples to oranges.
    > > >
    > > > Both fruit.
    > > > But we also know the earth is older than 6000 years, that too is too easy.

    > >
    > > Ok, so you say. Where is the proof?

    >
    > Do I need proof for my stated fact that you are not 2 years old and not 200 years old? No proof is needed to any
    > person with reasonable common sense. Our calendar itself is 2003 years old, so it doesn't take a rocket scientist
    > to figure the rest out.
    >
    > > Again, where is the proof it's older than 6000 years? I'm not saying
    > > it is or isn't, only you cannot prove it is either way.

    >
    > If you ask me to PROVE with text on a newsgroup that you are older than 2 years old, I will not be able to do it.
    > Does that mean that you are younger than 2 years old because I can't prove it?
    >
    > I can't prove that the sky looks blue, or that the oceans contain water here on this newsgroup either.
    >
    > I guess you would win those arguments as well if we are going to base everything on what I can or can not prove.


    Sorry, I cannot keep track of all your damn aliases. It destroys
    any credibility you *may* have had.
     
    blech, Aug 30, 2003
    #46
  7. AnOvercomer

    blech Guest

    daytripper <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 29 Aug 2003 15:01:38 -0700, (blech) wrote:
    >
    > >daytripper <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > >> On 29 Aug 2003 15:41:02 GMT, George Kerby <> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >On 8/29/03 10:15 AM, in article ,
    > >> >"daytripper" <> wrote:
    > >> >
    > >> >> On 29 Aug 2003 14:37:10 GMT, George Kerby <> wrote:
    > >> >>
    > >> >>> On 8/29/03 6:45 AM, in article
    > >> >>> c2H3b.3999$, "Bowser" <>
    > >> >>> wrote:
    > >> >>>
    > >> >>>>
    > >> >>>> FWIW, the scientists and the religious crowd can peacefully coexist if they
    > >> >>>> use just a little thought. Of the four cosmological proofs of the existence
    > >> >>>> of God, one, the one I like to cling to, dovetails perfectly with the
    > >> >>>> scientists, and explains much of what we see.
    > >> >>> Agreed. Both depend largely on faith. Those that are inflexable will never
    > >> >>> be able accept others thought/ideas. Only the open-minded will be able to
    > >> >>> accept the unseeable and not demand "proof" of things.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> [..../]
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Bullcrapometer
    > >> >^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    > >> >Need I say more?
    > >> >I rest my case...
    > >>
    > >> Yes, indeed one can only hope you will cease your feeble attempts to drive
    > >> physics down to the level of a bunch of wine-crazed shepherds...

    > >
    > >So you're a physicist?
    > >
    > >I wonder what a real physicist would say about this?
    > >
    > >"So, many if not most of the major branches of science were founded by
    > >Bible-believing Christians. As a physicist I also find it intriguing
    > >that the five greatest physicists in history--Newton, Faraday,
    > >Thompson, Maxwell, and Einstein--were each outspoken in their belief
    > >that the universe was placed here by a Creator. Furthermore, four of
    > >the five were staunch Christians with firm convictions that the Bible
    > >is the authoritative Word of God." Henry M. Morris, Ph.D.
    > >
    > >
    > >Isaac Newton (1642-1727) invented calculus, discovered the law of
    > >gravity and the three laws of motion, anticipated the law of energy
    > >conservation, developed the particle theory of light propagation, and
    > >invented the reflecting telescope. He firmly believed in Jesus Christ
    > >as his Savior and the Bible as God's word, and wrote many books on
    > >these topics.
    > >
    > >Michael Faraday (1791-1867) was one of the greatest physicists of all
    > >time, developed foundational concepts in electricity and magnetism,
    > >invented the electrical generator, and made many contributions to the
    > >field of chemistry. He was active in the various ministries of his
    > >church, both private and public, and had an abiding faith in the Bible
    > >and in prayer.
    > >
    > >John Dalton (1766-1844) was the father of atomic theory, which
    > >revolutionized chemistry. He was an orthodox, Bible-believing
    > >Christian.
    > >
    > >William Thompson, Lord Kelvin (1824-1907) is considered one of the
    > >all-time great physicists. He established thermodynamics on a formal
    > >scientific basis, providing a precise statement of the first and
    > >second laws of thermodynamics. Lord Kelvin was a strong Christian,
    > >opposing both Lyellian uniformitarianism and Darwinian evolution. In
    > >1903, shortly before his death, he made the unequivocal statement
    > >that, "With regard to the origin of life, science...positively affirms
    > >creative power.
    > >
    > >Werner Von Braun (1912-1977) was the father of space science. He
    > >wrote, ."..the vast mysteries of the universe should only confirm our
    > >belief in the certainty of its Creator. I find it as difficult to
    > >understand a scientist who does not acknowledge the presence of a
    > >superior rationality behind the existence of the universe as it is to
    > >comprehend a theologian who would deny the advances of science."
    > >
    > >I doubt you were taught any of this in college.

    >
    > We all have our faults. So did they...


    WOW! Great retort you made when given examples to refute your assumption.

    I guess they aren't all the "wine-crazed shepards" you make them
    out to be. As if there was any doubt.
     
    blech, Aug 30, 2003
    #47
  8. AnOvercomer

    blech Guest

    Cheryl Conice <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > AnOvercomer wrote:
    >
    > > Where in the Bible does it say the Earth is flat?

    >
    > The Shape of the Earth
    >
    > Disregarding the dome, the essential flatness of the earth's surface is
    > required by verses like Daniel 4:10-11. In Daniel, the king ?saw a tree of
    > great height at the centre of the earth...reaching with its top to the sky
    > and visible to the earth's farthest bounds.? If the earth were flat, a
    > sufficiently tall tree would be visible to ?the earth's farthest bounds,?
    > but this is impossible on a spherical earth. Likewise, in describing the
    > temptation of Jesus by Satan, Matthew 4:8 says, ?Once again, the devil took
    > him to a very high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world
    > in their glory.? Obviously, this would be possible only if the earth were
    > flat.
    > The same is true of Revelation 1:7: ?Behold, he is coming with the clouds!
    > Every eye shall see him...?
    >
    > Another argument that the Bible is a flat-earth book is its references to
    > the earth's ?corners.? For example, ?After this, I saw four angels
    > stationed at the four corners of the earth holding back the four
    > winds...(Revelation 7:1). The modern flat-earth model doesn't
    > have corners.)
    >
    >
    > Also, since the bible was written before Columbus realized the earth was
    > not flat, is it really that much of a surprise that the bible would say
    > that the earth is flat? That is what people thought when they wrote this
    > religion. The fact that modern man is still following this ancient
    > religion is what is so hard to believe.



    No, what's hard to believe is a person who posts under so many
    different names could even begin to be taken seriously. You're not.
     
    blech, Aug 30, 2003
    #48
  9. AnOvercomer

    Flux Guest

    blech wrote:
    > daytripper <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >>On 29 Aug 2003 15:41:02 GMT, George Kerby <> wrote:
    >>>On 8/29/03 10:15 AM, in article ,
    >>>"daytripper" <> wrote:
    >>>>On 29 Aug 2003 14:37:10 GMT, George Kerby <> wrote:
    >>>>>On 8/29/03 6:45 AM, in article
    >>>>>c2H3b.3999$, "Bowser" <>
    >>>>>wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>FWIW, the scientists and the religious crowd can peacefully coexist if they
    >>>>>>use just a little thought. Of the four cosmological proofs of the existence
    >>>>>>of God, one, the one I like to cling to, dovetails perfectly with the
    >>>>>>scientists, and explains much of what we see.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>Agreed. Both depend largely on faith. Those that are inflexable will never
    >>>>>be able accept others thought/ideas. Only the open-minded will be able to
    >>>>>accept the unseeable and not demand "proof" of things.
    >>>>
    >>>>[..../]
    >>>>
    >>>>Bullcrapometer
    >>>
    >>>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>>Need I say more?
    >>>I rest my case...

    >>
    >>Yes, indeed one can only hope you will cease your feeble attempts to drive
    >>physics down to the level of a bunch of wine-crazed shepherds...

    >
    >
    > So you're a physicist?
    >
    > I wonder what a real physicist would say about this?
    >


    <snip>

    > I doubt you were taught any of this in college.


    Obviously, the religious beliefs of important physicists are not a focus of
    most physics courses in college. I still got to hear some of those and other
    bits of information (like Kepler and Newton being strong believers in
    Astrology), but their relevance to the learning of physics is obviously small.

    Religion still has a very large role in our society. Even today, it's
    impossible for someone to be raised without coming into contact with some
    sort of religious or spiritual beliefs. Some decades or centuries ago when
    these physicists lived religionm was even more pervasive.

    Given that religion requires faith and not proof, it's quite common to find
    physicists (or other scientists) who hold religious beliefs, either from
    education or from confronting themselves with the unknowable. Those beliefs
    will generally confine themselves to whatever cannot be proved by science at
    the time, but it may extend to areas the scientist is not knowledgeable about.

    Science is not made to disprove religious beliefs, it's purpose is to search
    for the truth. Science will often contradict religion only because many
    religious dogmas are based on old, incomplete and/or just plain wrong facts.

    Still, there will always be room for religion, no matter how advanced our
    knowledge of physics becomes.



    Flux
     
    Flux, Aug 30, 2003
    #49
  10. AnOvercomer

    Charlie D Guest

    In article <biq521$bnetl$-berlin.de>,
    Flux <> wrote:

    > Religion still has a very large role in our society.


    Yes!
    Throughout history it has been the cause of more loss of life
    through wars than any other reason.

    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA
     
    Charlie D, Aug 30, 2003
    #50
  11. AnOvercomer

    Flux Guest

    Charlie D wrote:
    > In article <biq521$bnetl$-berlin.de>,
    > Flux <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Religion still has a very large role in our society.

    >
    >
    > Yes!
    > Throughout history it has been the cause of more loss of life
    > through wars than any other reason.


    Indeed, though to be honest most of those wars had other reasons backing
    them too. Religion is usually used to 'sell' a war that has some other more
    practical reason.



    Flux
     
    Flux, Aug 30, 2003
    #51
  12. AnOvercomer

    Rene Clancy Guest

    daytripper <> wrote:

    >>> Religion still has a very large role in our society.

    >>
    >>Yes!
    >>Throughout history it has been the cause of more loss of life
    >>through wars than any other reason.

    >
    > And has been the basis of "power" for so many horrible, disgusting
    > people...


    Don't diss GWB!
     
    Rene Clancy, Aug 30, 2003
    #52
  13. AnOvercomer

    Guest

    In message <>,
    (PETERWOJ) wrote:

    >I believe that would be Mars atmosphere, not CA. Mars atmosphere which is many
    >times thinner than Earth and consists mostly carbon dioxide


    Why doesn't it attract all the mosquitos from earth?
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><
     
    , Aug 31, 2003
    #53
  14. AnOvercomer

    AnOvercomer Guest

    Jhn 20:24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with
    them when Jesus came.
    Jhn 20:25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the
    Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print
    of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust
    my hand into his side, I will not believe.
    Jhn 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and
    Thomas with them: [then] came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in
    the midst, and said, Peace [be] unto you.
    Jhn 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold
    my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust [it] into my side: and
    be not faithless, but believing.
    Jhn 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
    Jhn 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou
    hast believed: blessed [are] they that have not seen, and [yet] have
    believed.
    Jhn 20:30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his
    disciples, which are not written in this book:
    Jhn 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the
    Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through
    his name.

    Cody H.
    =================================

    2Cr 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the
    things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal;
    but the things which are not seen [are] eternal.
    ==================================

    Group: rec.photo.digital Date: Sat, Aug 30, 2003, 1:23pm (CDT+6) From:
    (Flux)

    Obviously, the religious beliefs of important physicists are not a focus
    of most physics courses in college. I still got to hear some of those
    and other bits of information (like Kepler and Newton being strong
    believers in Astrology), but their relevance to the learning of physics
    is obviously small.
    Religion still has a very large role in our society. Even today, it's
    impossible for someone to be raised without coming into contact with
    some sort of religious or spiritual beliefs. Some decades or centuries
    ago when these physicists lived religionm was even more pervasive.
    Given that religion requires faith and not proof, it's quite common to
    find physicists (or other scientists) who hold religious beliefs, either
    from education or from confronting themselves with the unknowable. Those
    beliefs will generally confine themselves to whatever cannot be proved
    by science at the time, but it may extend to areas the scientist is not
    knowledgeable about.
    Science is not made to disprove religious beliefs, it's purpose is to
    search for the truth. Science will often contradict religion only
    because many religious dogmas are based on old, incomplete and/or just
    plain wrong facts.
    Still, there will always be room for religion, no matter how advanced
    our knowledge of physics becomes.

    Flux


    http://community.webtv.net/AnOvercomer02/Truth
     
    AnOvercomer, Sep 1, 2003
    #54
  15. AnOvercomer

    AnOvercomer Guest

    Jhn 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh,
    that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
    Jhn 16:3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not
    known the Father, nor me.

    Cody H.
    =================================
    Group: rec.photo.digital Date: Sat, Aug 30, 2003, 8:42am (CDT+1) From:
    (Charlie D)

    Yes!
    Throughout history it has been the cause of more loss of life through
    wars than any other reason.
    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA

    In article <biq521$bnetl$-berlin.de>, Flux
    <> wrote:

    Religion still has a very large role in our society.


    http://community.webtv.net/AnOvercomer02/Truth
     
    AnOvercomer, Sep 1, 2003
    #55
  16. AnOvercomer

    AnOvercomer Guest

    Mat 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his
    disciples came to [him] for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
    Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I
    say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that
    shall not be thrown down.
    Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto
    him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what
    [shall be] the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
    Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man
    deceive you.
    Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall
    deceive many.
    Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be
    not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is
    not yet.
    Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against
    kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes,
    in divers places.
    Mat 24:8 All these [are] the beginning of sorrows.

    Cody H.
    =================================

    Group: rec.photo.digital Date: Sat, Aug 30, 2003, 1:54pm (CDT+6) From:
    (Flux)

    Yes!
    Throughout history it has been the cause of more loss of life through
    wars than any other reason.
    Indeed, though to be honest most of those wars had other reasons backing
    them too. Religion is usually used to 'sell' a war that has some other
    more practical reason.
    Flux

    Charlie D wrote:
    In article <biq521$bnetl$-berlin.de>, Flux
    <> wrote:
    Religion still has a very large role in our society.


    http://community.webtv.net/AnOvercomer02/Truth
     
    AnOvercomer, Sep 1, 2003
    #56
  17. AnOvercomer

    Eric Gisin Guest

    Eric 6:6:6 And Eric sat upon the mount of Turds, and said onto the Christians:
    "Thou worship a false god, for Jesus was afflicted with the disorder of
    psychosis".

    "AnOvercomer" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    |
    | Mat 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his
    | disciples came to [him] for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
    | Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I
    | say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that
    | shall not be thrown down.
    | Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto
    | him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what
    | [shall be] the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
    | Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man
    | deceive you.
    | Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall
    | deceive many.
    | Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be
    | not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is
    | not yet.
    | Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against
    | kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes,
    | in divers places.
    | Mat 24:8 All these [are] the beginning of sorrows.
    |
    | Cody H.
     
    Eric Gisin, Sep 1, 2003
    #57
  18. AnOvercomer

    equalizer Guest

    On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:15:47 GMT, daytripper
    <> wrote:

    le and not demand "proof" of things.
    >
    >[..../]
    >
    >Bullcrapometer




    lame meter-o-meter®

    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    !----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----!
    /\
    !!
     
    equalizer, Sep 2, 2003
    #58
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Blinky the Shark

    Re: What's the biggest ATA hard disk in the world now?

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 31, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    598
  2. Fred McKenzie

    Photos from the World's Biggest Digital Camera

    Fred McKenzie, Aug 29, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    391
    Eric Gisin
    Aug 30, 2003
  3. Sosumi

    Biggest Santa in the World, caught by D300

    Sosumi, Dec 19, 2007, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    300
    John McWilliams
    Dec 20, 2007
  4. my
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    803
  5. Graham.
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    1,116
    Woody
    Jun 21, 2011
Loading...

Share This Page