    the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the
    sea and the waves roaring.

    http://community.webtv.net/AnOvercomer02/Truth

    AnOvercomer, Aug 28, 2003

  2. AnOvercomer

    daytripper Guest

    On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:18:57 -0500 (CDT),
    (AnOvercomer) wrote:

    >The Hubble telescope. Here is a pic. taken with it of Mars.
    >http://marsrelease.stsci.edu/db/2003/22/images/a/formats/full_jpg.jpg
    >
    >Today was supposed to be the closest it's been to Earth in 60,000 years,
    >the same day the Ten Commandments monument was moved in Alabama. The
    >Earth was created about 6,000 years ago so I doubt any man has seen Mars
    >this close to Earth before.

    Holy Crap! Is that Chromatic Aberration?

    daytripper, Aug 28, 2003

  3. AnOvercomer

    Lionel Guest

    Word has it that on Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:18:57 -0500 (CDT), in this
    august forum, (AnOvercomer) said:

    >The Hubble telescope. Here is a pic. taken with it of Mars.
    >http://marsrelease.stsci.edu/db/2003/22/images/a/formats/full_jpg.jpg
    >
    >Today was supposed to be the closest it's been to Earth in 60,000 years,
    >the same day the Ten Commandments monument was moved in Alabama.

    Well yeah, *obviously* the position of Mars relative to Earth is going
    to be affected by the actions of some cretinous religious bigot in an
    American hick town.

    <quietly hums "Dueling Banjos">

    Lionel, Aug 28, 2003
  4. AnOvercomer

    Bryce Guest

    6,000 years?

    You are a loser!

    Bryce, Aug 28, 2003
  5. AnOvercomer

    PETERWOJ Guest

    >Holy Crap! Is that Chromatic Aberration?

    I believe that would be Mars atmosphere, not CA. Mars atmosphere which is many
    times thinner than Earth and consists mostly carbon dioxide would create that
    blue halo around planet. Also I believe space telescope uses monochrome camera
    which has color filters in front of it so the color picture you see is probably
    composite of 3 exposures corrected and alligned by computer, therefore any CA
    errors should not be present.

    PETERWOJ, Aug 28, 2003
  6. > I believe that would be Mars atmosphere, not CA. Mars atmosphere which is many
    > times thinner than Earth and consists mostly carbon dioxide would create that
    > blue halo around planet.

    Don't be so sure! All the things I was taught about Mars in school is now
    considered all bullshit, as they keep changing their minds all the time. You are
    just repeating what is being said now, and 10 years from now all that will be
    changed again.

    I would not be surprised to find out that Mars has the same air as we do, and the
    same basic temperatures as our planet does. I don't know this, but have noticed
    that we are getting closer and closer to that result every time the story about
    Mars changes. At the rate the information we are being told is changing and the
    direction it is being changed, it looks like that is what we may end up being told
    in the near future.

    Douglas Whittaker, Aug 28, 2003
  7. AnOvercomer

    daytripper Guest

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:43:09 GMT, Douglas Whittaker <>
    wrote:

    >> I believe that would be Mars atmosphere, not CA. Mars atmosphere which is many
    >> times thinner than Earth and consists mostly carbon dioxide would create that
    >> blue halo around planet.

    >Don't be so sure! All the things I was taught about Mars in school is now
    >considered all bullshit, as they keep changing their minds all the time. You are
    >just repeating what is being said now, and 10 years from now all that will be
    >changed again.
    >
    >I would not be surprised to find out that Mars has the same air as we do, and the
    >same basic temperatures as our planet does. I don't know this, but have noticed
    >that we are getting closer and closer to that result every time the story about
    >Mars changes. At the rate the information we are being told is changing and the
    >direction it is being changed, it looks like that is what we may end up being told
    >in the near future.

    Truly spoken. The ice caps that were for so long assumed to be mostly frozen
    CO2 turned out to be mostly H2O, for instance...

    daytripper, Aug 28, 2003
  8. "Scott Elliot" <> wrote in message news:<bto3b.38283$>...
    > "Lionel" <> wrote in message
    > > Word has it that on Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:18:57 -0500 (CDT), in this
    > > august forum, (AnOvercomer) said:
    > >
    > > >The Hubble telescope. Here is a pic. taken with it of Mars.
    > > >http://marsrelease.stsci.edu/db/2003/22/images/a/formats/full_jpg.jpg
    > > >
    > > >Today was supposed to be the closest it's been to Earth in 60,000 years,
    > > >the same day the Ten Commandments monument was moved in Alabama.

    > > Well yeah, *obviously* the position of Mars relative to Earth is going
    > > to be affected by the actions of some cretinous religious bigot in an
    > > American hick town.
    > >

    > Obviously you haven't studied astrology or you would know that the position
    > of the planets and stars control the actions of mankind. Neither the people
    > supporting nor the people opposing the movement have any control over their
    > actions.
    >
    > Please excuse me while I stretch my other leg. ;<)

    ...or as John Cleese, of Monty Python fame, would have said....
    ...and several Butcher's aprons.

    Chris.

    Chris McBrien, Aug 28, 2003
  9. Douglas Whittaker <> wrote:
    :
    : Any primitive people are sure not to be announced in our lifetimes considering t
    : he hold
    : religion and the church still has on science.

    Oh my goodness... Got the tin-foil hat on a little tight today? This is
    ridiculous.

    -Charles

    --
    Charles Robinson
    Eagan, MN

    http://www.visi.com/~charlesr

    Charles Robinson, Aug 28, 2003
  10. AnOvercomer

    blech Guest

    wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:18:57 -0500 (CDT),
    > (AnOvercomer) wrote:
    >

    > >Earth was created about 6,000 years ago so I doubt any man has seen Mars
    > >this close to Earth before.

    > I believe you have made an error with this figure.
    >
    > MJ

    How so? Tell us, without a doubt, how old earth is. Let us know
    the exact age, not an estimate based on a dating metheod that was
    devised by the estimator or someone else. You can't. It's ALL estimates
    and theory.

    blech, Aug 28, 2003
  11. AnOvercomer

    dslr Guest

    blech wrote:

    > "Bryce" <> wrote in message news:<7Mp3b.51$>...
    > > 6,000 years?
    > >
    > > You are a loser!

    > So tell us, how old is earth? Give me the actual age, not some
    > estimate made with man-made measuring techniques.
    > It's all conjecture. His. Yours. All of it.

    Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so!
    (Douglas Adams)

    --
    regards,
    dslr

    dslr, Aug 28, 2003
  12. AnOvercomer

    George Kerby Guest

    On 8/28/03 3:13 PM, in article , "Eric Gisin"
    <> wrote:

    > Nonsense. Everyone knows mars is inhabitabed by Teletubies, who use mind
    > control to people like GW Bush and the Trilateral Commision.
    >
    > "Douglas Whittaker" <> wrote in message
    > |
    > | Right. I hope that the 3 probes now heading for Mars that will land in Dec
    > and Jan
    > | will be the ones that they decide to show us at least some small insect life
    > with as I
    > | hear there is going to be something big finally revealed with this mission.
    > |
    > | We had them admit about river beds, tiny organisms in Martian rocks, and
    > water on
    > | Mars. I think they are ready to reveal something like tiny living insects
    > to us this
    > | time around but won't let us in on the animals and whatever else they have
    > been watching
    > | for a few years yet.
    > |
    > | Any primitive people are sure not to be announced in our lifetimes
    > considering the hold
    > | religion and the church still has on science.

    Get your hand out of your ass.

    George Kerby, Aug 28, 2003
  13. > : Any primitive people are sure not to be announced in our lifetimes considering t
    > : he hold
    > : religion and the church still has on science.
    >
    > Oh my goodness... Got the tin-foil hat on a little tight today? This is
    > ridiculous.

    I don't think the church's control on stopping stem cell research, abortion, teaching
    evolution in schools, or any other of the things they seem to have a powerful hold
    over are ridiculous. .......wait a minute, you are right.... that IS ridiculous.

    Douglas Whittaker, Aug 28, 2003
  14. AnOvercomer

    Bowser Guest

    If it's all estimates and theory, how can you logically claim it was created
    about 6K years ago?

    FWIW, I'll trust carbon dating and hard science over a book written a couple
    of thousand years ago.

    Bowser, Aug 28, 2003
  15. > > : Any primitive people are sure not to be announced in our lifetimes
    > > considering t
    > > : he hold
    > > : religion and the church still has on science.

    > Douglas -- what makes you think they're primitive?

    Just for the fact that we don't see any lights on at night. Earth is lit up
    like a X-mas tree from space on the half that is dark at any given time.

    > They're probably very
    > advanced -- so much so that they can "hide" from us indefinitely and make us
    > think their planet is frozen and barren.

    That doesn't make much sense. Imagine trying to do that on our planet and
    wiping off all evidence of our buildings and technology from the face of our
    planet. Not even possible.

    However, when you look at the sunlit Earth from space, all you see are
    mountains, vegetation and water, you don't see any cities or buildings, so
    perhaps Mars is the same way. What looks like an empty planet is really
    covered with buildings and civilization. Perhaps if we could get some shots
    of Mars during their nights when not lit by the sun, we would see what we do
    with Earth.

    > Earth is probably a prison colony
    > for Martians anyway.

    Well, you do have those that claim pyramids are on mars that resemble those
    found on both sides of our planet.

    > They sent the bad seeds here a long time ago, who mated
    > with some prehistoric hominids, oh, never mind...

    Perhaps they had to kill off the dinosaurs before they could inhabit this
    planet. That would explain why they disappeared, as you can't have man
    building cities and such with those giants running around.

    Douglas Whittaker, Aug 28, 2003
  16. AnOvercomer

    Bowser Guest

    And you're basing your age on a man-made book that's a couple of thousand
    years old?

    Bowser, Aug 28, 2003
  17. > > 6,000 years?

    > > You are a loser!

    > So tell us, how old is earth? Give me the actual age, not some
    > estimate made with man-made measuring techniques.
    > It's all conjecture. His. Yours. All of it.

    So would be your guess on the actual age of the pyramids in Egypt, but if someone told you they were only
    200 years old, you would call them a loser too, and rightfully so.

    You don't have to know the actual age to know what age it is not.

    I don't know your actual age, but I know you are not 2 years old and not 200 years old. How am I able
    to determine that without measuring techniques and still know it is a fact?

    For the same way we know the earth is older than 6000 years.

    Douglas Whittaker, Aug 28, 2003
  18. AnOvercomer

    George Kerby Guest

    On 8/28/03 4:54 PM, in article , "Douglas
    Whittaker" <> wrote:

    >> : Any primitive people are sure not to be announced in our lifetimes
    >> considering t
    >> : he hold
    >> : religion and the church still has on science.
    >>
    >> Oh my goodness... Got the tin-foil hat on a little tight today? This is
    >> ridiculous.

    > I don't think the church's control on stopping stem cell research, abortion,
    > teaching
    > evolution in schools, or any other of the things they seem to have a powerful
    > hold
    > over are ridiculous. .......wait a minute, you are right.... that IS
    > ridiculous.

    STOP IT! This is OT and you are deliberately acting trollish.

    George Kerby, Aug 28, 2003
  19. AnOvercomer

    George Kerby Guest

    On 8/28/03 5:07 PM, in article J2v3b.219135$cF.71358@rwcrnsc53, "Bowser"
    <> wrote:

    > And you're basing your age on a man-made book that's a couple of thousand
    > years old?
    >
    > "blech" <> wrote in message
    >> "Bryce" <> wrote in message

    >>> 6,000 years?
    >>>
    >>> You are a loser!

    >> So tell us, how old is earth? Give me the actual age, not some
    >> estimate made with man-made measuring techniques.
    >> It's all conjecture. His. Yours. All of it.

    No. He's asking what's your basis for the estimate. I must admit 6,000 had
    to be a typo on the part of the original poster. MY conjecture is that the
    o.p. Meant "60,000 years", the estimated time that Mars last passed this
    close to Terra Firma. But Blech's point is that none of us know nothing more
    than man's own made-up timetable.

    George Kerby, Aug 28, 2003
  20. AnOvercomer

    Jair X. Guest

    > And you're basing your age on a man-made book that's a couple of thousand
    > years old?

    Are you referring to the book that says the earth is flat and has four
    corners? The book that talks about unicorns and fire breathing
    dragons? That would be the Bible, and if it is right about those
    things....

    Jair X., Aug 28, 2003