    1. Advertising

  2. Ian Field

    NotMe Guest

    NotMe, Dec 31, 2010

  3. Ian Field

    Ferd Berfle Guest

    Ferd Berfle, Jan 1, 2011
  4. Ian Field

    RickMerrill Guest

    RickMerrill, Jan 1, 2011
  5. Ian Field

    Ferd Berfle Guest

    "RickMerrill" <> wrote in message
    news:ifneqr$73r$-september.org...
    > NotMe wrote:
    >> "Ian Field"<> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/8233992/December-was-coldest-in-120-years.html

    >> Another example of a failure to differentiate between weather and
    >> climate.

    > So true! People think that, like the weather, climate change is about air
    > temperature. But it is about water temperature which is what affects the
    > climate.

    <snigger>
    James Hansen 2008: Warm Winters "Clear Sign" of Global Warming.
    Posted on December 30, 2010 by hauntingthelibrary
    I won't waste any time or space on a lead-up to this one, it speaks for
    itself:

    Hansen's visit to London last week was partly inspired by the decision to
    approve construction of a new coal-fired power station at Kingsnorth in
    Kent.

    This, Hansen wants to warn us, is a recipe for global warming disaster.
    The recent warm winters that Britain has experienced are a clear sign that
    the climate is changing, he says.

    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article3341039.ece

    Ferd Berfle, Jan 1, 2011
  6. Ian Field

    NotMe Guest

    "RickMerrill" <> wrote in message
    > NotMe wrote:
    >> "Ian Field"<> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/8233992/December-was-coldest-in-120-years.html

    >> Another example of a failure to differentiate between weather and
    >> climate.

    > So true! People think that, like the weather, climate change is about air
    > temperature. But it is about water temperature which is what affects the
    > climate.

    Close but the process is a *bit* more complicate.

    NotMe, Jan 1, 2011