THE BEST KEPT SECRETS OF THE COMPUTER UNDERGROUND

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Helper, Oct 28, 2004.

  1. Helper

    Helper Guest

    Remember, you heard this from me first. Installing a backdoor for
    future and continued access to your computer system is simple once a
    computer system is compromised. Here are the "Malicious Hackers Best
    Kept Secrets"!
    They install a Trojan Horse which disables your anti-virus and
    firewall protection; also, they install a second set of their own
    hidden firewall application(s) to protect their Virtual Private
    Network(s). The point that I am trying to make is this, you can check
    your system for a Backdoor, Trojan Horse, Virus, or Worm until your
    blue in the face, you wouldn't find any. The hackers own firewall
    application(s) can be installed on your hard drive in a hidden folder
    and the only way you would know it's there is by going to your Control
    Panel, Folder Options, View, Show All Files and Folders (Windows ME
    and earlier).
    Windows keeps files and folders hidden by default so you don't make
    changes to their important files. You need to View all Files and
    Folders on your computer to reveal what malicious hackers have
    installed without your knowledge. This will open your eyes and show
    you all the files and software applications now sitting on your hard
    drive. If you want to learn more about computer security, if you're a
    beginner, one avenue is to read-up on configuring your mail and
    browsing applications. Google and Yahoo also have Newsgroups and
    message boards pertaining to the aforementioned. If utilizing a
    Windows platform, do some reading on configuring your Windows Internet
    Options both Internet and Local Settings. Also, spend time learning
    what applications in Windows are running and on what port they run on.

    Tracker

    Helper, Oct 28, 2004

  2. Helper

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    [snipped same old crap]

    Looks like someone got out of the hospital.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Leythos, Oct 28, 2004

  3. Helper

    kyra Guest

    Helper wrote:

    > Remember, you heard this from me first.

    And only you becuase you are clueless and others arent.

    > Installing a backdoor for
    > future and continued access to your computer system is simple once a
    > computer system is compromised. Here are the "Malicious Hackers Best
    > Kept Secrets"!

    I doubt that one too

    > They install a Trojan Horse which disables your anti-virus and
    > firewall protection;

    "They"?? Who's they? Not only did you start a new paragraph here and not
    allude to whom "they" refers to.. you were'nt smart enough to realize no
    one installs a trojan on anothers machine they way you talk about it.

    "They" if you mean "Malicious hackers" don't "Install" Anything.
    Usually, when a virus or a trojan is spread it is clicked on by the user
    or IE / Outlook execute it automatically - like from Active X or
    javascript. Lately, even looking at a picture file. There are no other
    people sitting there installing it on someone elses computer. Do others
    "learn" you too Debbie?

    How do you expect to sell a loaded line of BS full of half truths if you
    can't even write like a proper author with good grammar skills?

    BTW - the virus or trojan can make your av not pay attention to it and
    ignore it. It does not necessairly "disalbe" it. Have you read up on
    heuristic anti viruses and signature viruses?

    > also, they install a second set of their own
    > hidden firewall application(s) to protect their Virtual Private
    > Network(s).

    is that a fact? so many pronouns.. so little definition..

    > The point that I am trying to make is this, you can check
    > your system for a Backdoor, Trojan Horse, Virus, or Worm until your
    > blue in the face, you wouldn't find any.

    Evidentally you might not, but the general public probabally would in
    comparison to you Debbie.

    > The hackers own firewall
    > application(s) can be installed on your hard drive in a hidden folder
    > and the only way you would know it's there is by going to your Control
    > Panel, Folder Options, View, Show All Files and Folders (Windows ME
    > and earlier).

    uhh WTF? That made no sense. Even Spyware and Adware can create its own
    proxy or alter a winsock. Are you comparing "they" to the makers of
    Adware and Spyware now?

    > Windows keeps files and folders hidden by default so you don't make
    > changes to their important files. You need to View all Files and
    > Folders on your computer to reveal what malicious hackers have
    > installed without your knowledge.

    Umm.. if all those files were emables by default, you would have people
    delteing mportant files left and right because these people would listen
    to half baked truths like yours and delte imprtant files. Are you trying
    to GET people to break their computers??? Do you know what the stats
    are of people with win95 and 3.1 randomly deleting files and having to
    have Windows reisntalled (and losing important information along with it)??

    > This will open your eyes and show
    > you all the files and software applications now sitting on your hard
    > drive.

    Well, that would be the point of enabling the viewing of hidden and
    system files, wouldn't it? oh ya... DOH!

    > If you want to learn more about computer security, if you're a
    > beginner, one avenue is to read-up on configuring your mail and
    > browsing applications.

    That is a given.. again DOH!

    Sigh Tracker. You seem to WANT to lead people to destruction, not keep
    people from destructing.

    --
    Aleeya

    Aleeya.net
    Where the Girl Stops and the Geekette Begins
    http://www.aleeya.net

    Don't you wish humans were RFC Compliant?

    kyra, Oct 28, 2004
  4. Helper

    Duane Arnold Guest

    > Tracker

    It's been awhile since you have showed on the scene. It looks like it's
    going to be a rough winter. What happened to that book?

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Oct 28, 2004
  5. Helper

    nemo outis Guest

    In article
    <>, Leythos
    <> wrote:
    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >[snipped same old crap]
    >
    >Looks like someone got out of the hospital.

    Plus he's not even slightly up to date on how stuff is done. For
    instance, one of the things that has been a hacker secret but is
    just now starting to surface is...

    appinit_dll

    It's a fully legit part of Windows and, on the face of it,
    doesn't seem malign: all it does is make sure any specified dll
    is running (& starts it if necessary) with any/every executable.

    Say what?????

    In the hands of the right hacker, it's a "poor man's root kit!"

    Write your own dll to do whatever you want (hide directories,
    files, ports, and registry entries, run services or *servers,*
    and on and on, including hiding itself and its registry entries)
    and have it started (if not already running) by EVERY executable
    courtesy of appinit_dll. That includes, of course, debuggers,
    etc. so that the dll(s) loaded by appinit_dll can hide (if coded
    to do so) what's happening from any process running on the
    machine - even those looking for it!

    Just as ADSs had a very long run as a hacker tool (although they
    too are technically legit) before virus- checkers, etc. started
    to look for them, so appinit_dll and its possibilities are only
    now starting to be recognized by a very few outside the
    underground. The great mass of the unwashed (including most
    sysadmins) are, of course, oblivious to appinit_dll and its
    possibilities.

    Regards,

    PS It can be detected and it can be defeated, of course, but
    only if you know you should be looking for it.

    nemo outis, Oct 28, 2004
  6. Leythos spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    <>

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > [snipped same old crap]
    >
    > Looks like someone got out of the hospital.

    Judging by the whois, they moved to AU. :)

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck_n0i, Oct 28, 2004
  7. Helper

    Conor Guest

    In article <>, Helper
    says...
    > Remember, you heard this from me first.

    Fucking hell, I've stepped back in time 12 years.

    --
    Conor

    Opinions personal, facts suspect.

    Conor, Oct 28, 2004
  8. Helper

    MedEvul Guest

    On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:49:21 +0100, Conor <> wrote:
    > In article <>, Helper
    > says...
    >> Remember, you heard this from me first.

    > Fucking hell, I've stepped back in time 12 years.

    tracker still runs netbuster.

    --
    -=MedEvul=-
    evul\at\demonweb.org