  1. Will M

    Will M Guest

    Sorry, I couldn't help myself =)

    Will M, Nov 17, 2004

  2. Will M

    Russ Guest

    Will M wrote:
    > Sorry, I couldn't help myself =)

    Now, if this group were frequented by audiophiles, you'd get someone
    suggesting that the slower cards are better because they allow more time for
    the subtle variations of skintones to be recorded more faithfully. They'd
    then direct you to some online merchant who'd they recently bought a 1x 64Mb
    card off for $300.

    Russ, Nov 17, 2004

  3. >>>>The best CF for skin tones?

    Definitely

    Douglas W. Hoyt, Nov 17, 2004
  4. >>>>The best CF for skin tones?

    Definitely the Revlon Eterna 27 (with exclusive Progenitin).

    Douglas W. Hoyt, Nov 17, 2004
  5. "Will M" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry, I couldn't help myself =)

    .....didn't someone ask here once for help to find a B&W card?? ....and was
    serious too!

    AU Digital POTD, Nov 18, 2004
  6. Will M

    Rob Guest

    Russ wrote:
    > Will M wrote:
    >
    >>Sorry, I couldn't help myself =)

    > Now, if this group were frequented by audiophiles, you'd get someone
    > suggesting that the slower cards are better because they allow more time for
    > the subtle variations of skintones to be recorded more faithfully. They'd
    > then direct you to some online merchant who'd they recently bought a 1x 64Mb
    > card off for $300.

    I recently found two Smart Media cards new in original packet. Sega
    Brand labeled Digital Media wait ------ 4Mbit (0.5M). Price $39.00.
    That makes it $78 per Mb.

    AHHHH nostalgia.

    Yes they are for sale!

    Rob, Nov 18, 2004
  7. Will M

    Annika1980 Guest

    >>The best CF for skin tones?

    Any of them as long as you don't put them in a Sigma.

    Annika1980, Nov 18, 2004
  8. Will M

    Wolf359 Guest

    Codak Film - Portra 160

    Wolf359, Nov 18, 2004
  9. AU Digital POTD wrote:
    > "Will M" <> wrote in message
    >> Sorry, I couldn't help myself =)
    >>

    > ....didn't someone ask here once for help to find a B&W card??
    > ....and was serious too!

    What with Kodak shutting down all their Kodachrome processing labs, I'm
    sure glad I bought an Ektachrome Microdrive!

    Bob Harrington, Nov 18, 2004
  10. Will M

    Big Bill Guest

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:58:06 -0600, "Douglas W. Hoyt"
    <> wrote:

    >Definitely the Revlon Eterna 27 (with exclusive Progenitin).

    BULL!
    The Sigma SD3A is the industry standard CF card if you want perfect
    skin tones!
    Not only does it record perfect skin tones, but because of the way it
    stacks its memory cells, a 256 meg SD3A will actually store over 1
    Gigabyte of files! Only Sigma has this technology.
    When used with a Sigma SD9 or SD10 camera, the SD3A will also add
    image stabilization. This is good for at least 4 stops. If you use a
    tripod, add another 2 stops.
    I'd link to a site to demonstrate this, but the web being what it is,
    you couldn't see the images in their full glory. However, for a
    $15.00US fee (plus shipping of $4.95), I will send a 3.5" floppy
    anywhere in the continental US with one sample image.

    --
    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"

    Big Bill, Nov 18, 2004
  11. Will M

    DJ Guest

    ROTFL

    DJ, Nov 18, 2004
  12. Will M

    Ronald Hands Guest

    >> Will M wrote:
    >>

    >> Now, if this group were frequented by audiophiles, you'd get someone
    >> suggesting that the slower cards are better because they allow more
    >> time for
    >> the subtle variations of skintones to be recorded more faithfully. They'd
    >> then direct you to some online merchant who'd they recently bought a
    >> 1x 64Mb
    >> card off for $300.

    You realize, of course, that to preserve all the nuances of those
    skintones, the photos must be transferred to the computer *only* by
    means of gold-plated Monster Cables.

    -- Ron

    Ronald Hands, Nov 18, 2004
  13. Will M

    Frank ess Guest

    Ronald Hands wrote:
    >>> Will M wrote:
    >>>

    >>> Now, if this group were frequented by audiophiles, you'd get someone
    >>> suggesting that the slower cards are better because they allow more
    >>> time for
    >>> the subtle variations of skintones to be recorded more faithfully.
    >>> They'd then direct you to some online merchant who'd they recently
    >>> bought a 1x 64Mb
    >>> card off for $300.

    > You realize, of course, that to preserve all the nuances of those
    > skintones, the photos must be transferred to the computer *only* by
    > means of gold-plated Monster Cables.
    >
    > -- Ron

    In an oxygen-free environment, judging by the brainwork that goes into
    them.

    --
    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Nov 18, 2004
  14. Will M

    Hunt Guest

    In article <>, says...

    >Will M wrote:
    >> Sorry, I couldn't help myself =)

    >Now, if this group were frequented by audiophiles, you'd get someone
    >suggesting that the slower cards are better because they allow more time for
    >the subtle variations of skintones to be recorded more faithfully. They'd
    >then direct you to some online merchant who'd they recently bought a 1x 64Mb
    >card off for $300.

    I'd never pay that for a 1x 64MB CF card, unless it had vacuum tubes!!!!!

    Hunt

    Hunt, Nov 18, 2004
  15. Will M

    Rob Guest

    Hunt wrote:
    > In article <>, says...
    >
    >>Will M wrote:
    >>
    >>>Sorry, I couldn't help myself =)

    >>Now, if this group were frequented by audiophiles, you'd get someone
    >>suggesting that the slower cards are better because they allow more time for
    >>the subtle variations of skintones to be recorded more faithfully. They'd
    >>then direct you to some online merchant who'd they recently bought a 1x 64Mb
    >>card off for $300.

    > I'd never pay that for a 1x 64MB CF card, unless it had vacuum tubes!!!!!
    >
    > Hunt

    That sucks!

    Rob, Nov 19, 2004
  16. Big Bill wrote:

    >> Definitely the Revlon Eterna 27 (with exclusive Progenitin).
    >>

    > BULL!
    > The Sigma SD3A is the industry standard CF card if you want perfect
    > skin tones!
    > Not only does it record perfect skin tones, but because of the way it
    > stacks its memory cells, a 256 meg SD3A will actually store over 1
    > Gigabyte of files! Only Sigma has this technology.
    > When used with a Sigma SD9 or SD10 camera, the SD3A will also add
    > image stabilization. This is good for at least 4 stops. If you use a
    > tripod, add another 2 stops.
    > I'd link to a site to demonstrate this, but the web being what it is,
    > you couldn't see the images in their full glory. However, for a
    > $15.00US fee (plus shipping of $4.95), I will send a 3.5" floppy
    > anywhere in the continental US with one sample image.

    Well, okay, maybe. I quit buying Sigma 5.25" floppy disks because they
    always made my BASIC programs look kinda mauve-ish...

    > Bill Funk
    > Change "g" to "a"

    "Chanae" Did I do good? What do I win? ;^)

    Bob ^,,^

    Bob Harrington, Nov 20, 2004
  17. Anyone want to estimate how many people will not realize that this thread is
    a joke?

    Michael A. Covington, Nov 20, 2004