    Implementing Windows-Based Applications with Visual C# and Visual Studio.NET,
    Author: Amit Kalani. However, this book is out of print and came out in
    2002. Would it be worth it for me (in the USA) to order this book from
    Canada and pay $70 for it or is there a better/newer book out there I just
    can't seem to find? I've studied C++ in community college (2 classes) and
    took one C class at University of Central Florida. I have written some
    programs on my own but not in the business world (just so you have a
    background of my knowledge). I don't want a "cram" book because I don't
    think I'm good enough to use just that. Any help would be greatly
    appreciated.

    Dark Matter, Jan 6, 2007

  2. Dark Matter

    Cerebrus Guest

    Dark Matter wrote:
    > Hey guys. I'm trying to get MCAD and the first test I want to start with is
    > 70-316. When I do searches for the best book to use to get certified, one
    > book stands out; MCAD/MCSD Training Guide (70-316): Developing and
    > Implementing Windows-Based Applications with Visual C# and Visual Studio.NET,
    > Author: Amit Kalani. However, this book is out of print and came out in
    > 2002. Would it be worth it for me (in the USA) to order this book from
    > Canada and pay $70 for it or is there a better/newer book out there I just
    > can't seem to find? I've studied C++ in community college (2 classes) and
    > took one C class at University of Central Florida. I have written some
    > programs on my own but not in the business world (just so you have a
    > background of my knowledge). I don't want a "cram" book because I don't
    > think I'm good enough to use just that. Any help would be greatly
    > appreciated.

    Surprising that the book should be out of print. Yes, this is the best
    book for this exam, but I suggest that you should never rely on just
    one book.

    Cerebrus, Jan 6, 2007