    but I'm sure Nikon came out victorious.

    <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/the_duel.htm>

    Rita
    Rita Berkowitz, Jan 28, 2008

  2. Rita Berkowitz

    Adam Guest

    Yeah, I hate brand wars. Especially when everyone knows that Canon are the
    superior brand. ;-)

    Adam, Jan 28, 2008

  3. Adam wrote:
    > Yeah, I hate brand wars. Especially when everyone knows that Canon are
    > the superior brand. ;-)

    Your post would be even more authoritative if you didn't top post, and

    :)

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Jan 28, 2008
  4. Rita Berkowitz

    Adam Guest

    OK

    Adam, Jan 28, 2008
  5. Rita Berkowitz

    Mr. Strat Guest

    In article <>, Adam
    <> wrote:

    > Yeah, I hate brand wars. Especially when everyone knows that Canon are the
    > superior brand. ;-)

    How about..."Canon is" the superior brand.

    Junior High 101 - subject/verb agreement
    Mr. Strat, Jan 28, 2008
  6. Rita Berkowitz

    RichA Guest

    Re: The Battle Of The Brands!!! When Will It end?

    On Jan 28, 3:38 pm, "Adam" <> wrote:
    > Yeah, I hate brand wars. Especially when everyone knows that Canon are the
    > superior brand. ;-)

    I couldn't buy a Cannon. I don't want Australians walking on the top
    of my head.
    RichA, Jan 28, 2008
  7. Rita Berkowitz

    On Jan 28, 5:09 pm, "Mr. Strat" <> wrote:
    > In article <>, Adam
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > > Yeah, I hate brand wars. Especially when everyone knows that Canon are the
    > > superior brand. ;-)

    > How about..."Canon is" the superior brand.

    I think that is along the lines of 1960s ads touting "doctor
    recommended" cigarettes.
    RichA, Jan 28, 2008
  8. "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote in message
    > Come on guys, it's bad enough we have these petty Nikon vs Canon wars on
    > the
    > Internet, but in public face-to-face! Both were going at it and neither
    > was
    > going to back down. I didn't stick around to see the outcome of the
    > brawl,
    > but I'm sure Nikon came out victorious.

    in my country womens have not the time to be so foolish, be more diligent
    and faithful to your house duties and end completely your selfish living.
    Prince Luzabo Kewaasi, Jan 29, 2008
  9. Rita Berkowitz

    N Guest

    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2109/2127758561_3c93394dd5.jpg
    N, Jan 29, 2008
  10. Rita Berkowitz

    N Guest

    "RichA" <> wrote in message
    > On Jan 28, 3:38 pm, "Adam" <> wrote:
    >> Yeah, I hate brand wars. Especially when everyone knows that Canon are
    >> the
    >> superior brand. ;-)
    >>
    >> "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote in message
    >>

    > I couldn't buy a Cannon. I don't want Australians walking on the top
    > of my head.

    It's so small they wouldn't notice.
    N, Jan 29, 2008
  11. "Mr. Strat" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, Adam
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Yeah, I hate brand wars. Especially when everyone knows that Canon are
    >> the
    >> superior brand. ;-)

    > How about..."Canon is" the superior brand.
    >
    > Junior High 101 - subject/verb agreement

    American junior high, yes. But the British use the plural form for
    companies. There is some logic to it.

    Anyway, in this case "isn't" would be correct. (Or "aren't" for the Brits.)
    Neil Harrington, Jan 29, 2008
  12. Neil Harrington wrote:
    > "Mr. Strat" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <>, Adam
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yeah, I hate brand wars. Especially when everyone knows that Canon are
    >>> the
    >>> superior brand. ;-)

    >> How about..."Canon is" the superior brand.
    >>
    >> Junior High 101 - subject/verb agreement

    > American junior high, yes. But the British use the plural form for
    > companies. There is some logic to it.
    >
    > Anyway, in this case "isn't" would be correct. (Or "aren't" for the Brits.)

    It depends on what your definition of "are" are....

    Neil, Inc. is/are correct, and Neil the man is correct.

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Jan 29, 2008
  13. Rita Berkowitz

    Muxton Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 09:21:22 -0500, "Neil Harrington" <>
    wrote:

    >> How about..."Canon is" the superior brand.
    >>
    >> Junior High 101 - subject/verb agreement

    >American junior high, yes. But the British use the plural form for
    >companies. There is some logic to it.

    Beg your pardon? Not this Brit!
    --
    Address munged but valid - remove mungbeans.
    Muxton, Jan 29, 2008
  14. Rita Berkowitz

    Pete D Guest

    "N" <> wrote in message
    > "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote in message
    >> Come on guys, it's bad enough we have these petty Nikon vs Canon wars on
    >> the
    >> Internet, but in public face-to-face! Both were going at it and neither
    >> was
    >> going to back down. I didn't stick around to see the outcome of the
    >> brawl,
    >> but I'm sure Nikon came out victorious.
    >>
    >> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/the_duel.htm>
    >>

    >> Rita
    >>

    > http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2109/2127758561_3c93394dd5.jpg

    So what do you call two pair-a-ducks, do they cancel each other out? ;-)
    Pete D, Jan 30, 2008
  15. ["Followup-To:" header set to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems.]

    Rita Berkowitz <> wrote:

    | Subject: Re: The Battle Of The Brands!!!

    Battle?
    For there to be a battle, there must be an opponent.

    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/the_duel.htm>

    Ah, yes, for that kind of shot any coke bottle bottom lens
    would do. No wonder you are enarmored by Nikon.

    -Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Jan 30, 2008
  16. Rita Berkowitz

    books64 Guest

    Re: The Battle Of The Brands!!! When Will It end?

    Rita,

    Nice picture! I really love the colors of the ducks. They came out
    really well. I really like the comedy, too! Although, it looked to me
    like it was Canon coming out ahead. :)

    Tony

    books64, Jan 31, 2008
  17. Rita Berkowitz

    measekite Guest

    Adam wrote:
    > Yeah, I hate brand wars. Especially when everyone knows that Canon
    > are the superior brand. ;-)

    If one took 20 photos under a variety of circumstances with a Canon and
    a good (non kit) zoom lens and also (side by side) used a comparable
    Nikon (lets say a 40D and a D300) and then cropped and printed (on the
    same printer and paper) 11x14 I doubt that people could consistently say
    without a doubt that one is BETTER than the other.

    Notwithstanding that, some may know the specific characteristics of each
    Camera Lens combo and say this was done with this or the other based on
    color or saturation but that does not make one better. Hang them on a
    wall and look at them at a reasonable viewing distance and the
    differences become more blurred.

    I like the look and feel of Nikon overall but will most likely buy a
    Canon DSLR. I have a Canon S5 and like the menu system and other
    things about it. Canon makes better point and shoots and I do not want
    to learn different systems but would rather focus on getting results.
    Canon appears to offer a somewhat better value.

    In the old days of film I went for Nikon because I liked it better but
    the results were very comparable.

    measekite, Feb 1, 2008
  18. Rita Berkowitz

    ____ Guest

    In article <xUHoj.5424$>,
    measekite <> wrote:

    > Adam wrote:
    > > Yeah, I hate brand wars. Especially when everyone knows that Canon
    > > are the superior brand. ;-)

    > If one took 20 photos under a variety of circumstances with a Canon and
    > a good (non kit) zoom lens and also (side by side) used a comparable
    > Nikon (lets say a 40D and a D300) and then cropped and printed (on the
    > same printer and paper) 11x14 I doubt that people could consistently say
    > without a doubt that one is BETTER than the other.
    >
    > Notwithstanding that, some may know the specific characteristics of each
    > Camera Lens combo and say this was done with this or the other based on
    > color or saturation but that does not make one better. Hang them on a
    > wall and look at them at a reasonable viewing distance and the
    > differences become more blurred.
    >
    > I like the look and feel of Nikon overall but will most likely buy a
    > Canon DSLR. I have a Canon S5 and like the menu system and other
    > things about it. Canon makes better point and shoots and I do not want
    > to learn different systems but would rather focus on getting results.
    > Canon appears to offer a somewhat better value.

    Authoritative answers like these lead me to believe that the human race
    only has so much time left.

    --
    Reality is a picture perfected and never looking back.
    ____, Feb 2, 2008