    Does any know if they released any DVD's of "The Avengers" for 1969?

    My set goes from '62 to '68 and I cannot find if they ever released the '69 episodes

    Thanks for your help

    Film Buff, May 24, 2008

  2. Film Buff

    Kishin Guest

    In article <>,
    Film Buff <> wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I have a question for the group
    >
    > Does any know if they released any DVD's of "The Avengers" for 1969?
    >
    > My set goes from '62 to '68 and I cannot find if they ever released the '69
    > episodes
    >
    > Thanks for your help

    It doesn't look like it.

    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shows/Avengers/4878

    Kishin

    Kishin, May 24, 2008

  3. Kishin wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Film Buff <> wrote:
    >

    >>Hi
    >>
    >>I have a question for the group
    >>
    >>Does any know if they released any DVD's of "The Avengers" for 1969?
    >>
    >>My set goes from '62 to '68 and I cannot find if they ever released the '69
    >>episodes

    > It doesn't look like it.
    >
    > http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shows/Avengers/4878

    Actually--as explained on the other group where Buff posted it--A&E
    squashed all the '69 season onto the '68 label:
    Everything should be accounted for (accept for the '61 pre-Honor
    Blackman first-series episodes, which are pretty much considered lost to
    begin with.)

    Derek Janssen

    ejanss

    Derek Janssen, May 24, 2008
  4. In article <dNXZj.340$ZM.82@trndny06>,
    Derek Janssen <> wrote:

    > Everything should be accounted for (accept for the '61 pre-Honor
    > Blackman first-series episodes, which are pretty much considered lost to
    > begin with.)

    Does that mean having the Diana Riggs episodes on tape is a good thing?

    --
    Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA 724-941-6883
    bob AT peirce-family.com [Mac]

    Robert Peirce, May 24, 2008
  5. In article <bob-A541FF.18435724052008@[199.45.49.11]>,
    Robert Peirce <> wrote:

    > In article <dNXZj.340$ZM.82@trndny06>,
    > Derek Janssen <> wrote:
    >
    > > Everything should be accounted for (accept for the '61 pre-Honor
    > > Blackman first-series episodes, which are pretty much considered lost to
    > > begin with.)

    > Does that mean having the Diana Riggs episodes on tape is a good thing?

    Maybe I should transfer them to DVD if they can't be replaced.

    Robert Peirce, May 24, 2008
  6. Robert Peirce wrote:
    > In article <dNXZj.340$ZM.82@trndny06>,
    > Derek Janssen <> wrote:
    >

    >>Everything should be accounted for (accept for the '61 pre-Honor
    >>Blackman first-series episodes, which are pretty much considered lost to
    >>begin with.)

    > Does that mean having the Diana Rigg episodes on tape is a good thing?

    Some say "Yes", and some say "Rowr"... @_@

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, May 25, 2008

    Derek Janssen, May 25, 2008
  8. Fred C. Dobbs wrote:

    > On Sat, 24 May 2008 22:43:56 GMT, Robert Peirce
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>In article <dNXZj.340$ZM.82@trndny06>,
    >>Derek Janssen <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Everything should be accounted for (accept for the '61 pre-Honor
    >>>Blackman first-series episodes, which are pretty much considered lost to
    >>>begin with.)

    >>Does that mean having the Diana Riggs episodes on tape is a good thing?

    > All the Diana Rigg episodes are on DVD. In fact I saw a special boxed
    > set at Barnes and Noble of just the Diana Rigg episodes. In 1969Tara
    > King played by Linda Thorson replaced Diana Rigg's Mrs Peel. Tara
    > King was not as confident as Mrs Peel and IMO the show lost a lot of
    > its appeal.

    Tara was more of a young know-it-all, and more mod-cute than
    M-appealing, which focused back on the plots--
    Which were getting sillier and more larger-than-life than even the
    Rigg-era ones, and even Patrick MacNee thought bringing Patrick Newell
    on as pompous chief "Mother" was a shark-jumping mistake that sank the show.

    (Still, in the last Rigg episode, there's a nice moment where Emma on
    the way out meets Tara on the way in...)

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, May 26, 2008