    and by the Chi Coms.

    He sure is a success.......LOL He just might be
    blood related to boaterdave.....LMAO

    StevieO, Nov 12, 2010

  2. StevieO

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:53:37 -0500, StevieO wrote:

    > obummer got bitch slapped by the G20, by the South Koreans
    > and by the Chi Coms.
    >
    > He sure is a success.......LOL He just might be
    > blood related to boaterdave.....LMAO

    Got a link, I'd like to read it.
    --
    11/12/2010 4:16:43 PM CST
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo38, Nov 12, 2010

  3. StevieO

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 16:17:19 -0600, Old Gringo38 wrote:

    > On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:53:37 -0500, StevieO wrote:
    >
    >> obummer got bitch slapped by the G20, by the South Koreans and by the
    >> Chi Coms.
    >>
    >> He sure is a success.......LOL He just might be blood related to
    >> boaterdave.....LMAO

    > Got a link, I'd like to read it.

    Highly unlikely.

    no hace mucho tiempo que vivía un hidalgo de los de lanza en
    astillero, adarga antigua, rocín flaco y galgo corredor."
    -Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'

    Aardvark, Nov 12, 2010
  4. StevieO

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 23:01:17 +0000 (UTC), Aardvark wrote:

    > On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 16:17:19 -0600, Old Gringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:53:37 -0500, StevieO wrote:
    >>
    >>> obummer got bitch slapped by the G20, by the South Koreans and by the
    >>> Chi Coms.
    >>>
    >>> He sure is a success.......LOL He just might be blood related to
    >>> boaterdave.....LMAO

    >> Got a link, I'd like to read it.

    > Highly unlikely.

    I was beginning to think just that.
    --
    11/12/2010 5:04:32 PM CST

    Old Gringo38, Nov 12, 2010
  5. StevieO

    StevieO Guest

    Turn of the tv or radio.

    If you have neither try any major news web site.

    If you can not find a news web site go to
    www.google.com and do a search.

    Press on.

    StevieO, Nov 13, 2010
  6. StevieO

    Ferd Berfle Guest

    "StevieO" <> wrote in message
    > Turn of the tv or radio.
    >
    > If you have neither try any major news web site.
    >
    > If you can not find a news web site go to
    > www.google.com and do a search.

    Obamao is Sofa King incompetent.

    Ferd Berfle, Nov 13, 2010
  7. StevieO

    Ferd Berfle Guest

  8. StevieO

    StevieO Guest

    Do you live with snotwolf in big sky country?

    November 11, 2010
    Obama's Trade Strategy Runs Into Stiff Resistance

    This article is by Sewell Chan, Sheryl Gay Stolberg and David E. Sanger.

    SEOUL, South Korea - President Obama's hopes of emerging from his Asia trip
    with the twin victories of a free trade agreement with South Korea and a
    unified approach to spurring economic growth around the world ran into
    resistance on all fronts on Thursday, putting Mr. Obama at odds with his key
    allies and largest trading partners.

    The most concrete trophy expected to emerge from the trip eluded his grasp:
    a long-delayed free trade agreement with South Korea, first negotiated by
    the Bush administration and then reopened by Mr. Obama, to have greater
    protections for American workers.

    And as officials frenetically tried to paper over differences among the
    Group of 20 members with a vaguely worded communiqué to be issued Friday,
    there was no way to avoid discussion of the fundamental differences of
    economic strategy. After five largely harmonious meetings in the past two
    years to deal with the most severe downturn since the Depression, major
    disputes broke out between Washington and China, Britain, Germany and
    Brazil.

    Each rejected core elements of Mr. Obama's strategy of stimulating growth
    before focusing on deficit reduction. Several major nations continued to
    accuse the Federal Reserve of deliberately devaluing the dollar last week in
    an effort to put the costs of America's competitive troubles on trading
    partners, rather than taking politically tough measures to rein in spending
    at home.

    The result was that Mr. Obama repeatedly found himself on the defensive. He
    and the South Korean president, Lee Myung-bak, had vowed to complete the
    trade pact by the time they met here; while Mr. Obama insisted that it would
    be resolved "in a matter of weeks," without the pressure of a summit meeting
    it was unclear how the hurdles on nontariff barriers to American cars and
    beef would be resolved.

    Mr. Obama's meeting with China's president, Hu Jintao, appeared to do little
    to break down Chinese resistance to accepting even nonbinding numerical
    targets for limiting China's trade surplus. While Lael Brainard, the under
    secretary of the Treasury for international affairs, said that the United
    States and China "have gotten to a good place" on rebalancing their trade,
    Chinese officials later archly reminded the Americans that as the issuers of
    the dollar, the main global reserve currency, they should consider the
    interests of the "global economy" as well as their own "national
    circumstances."

    The disputes were not limited to America's foreign partners. Treasury
    Secretary Timothy F. Geithner got into a trans-Pacific argument with one of
    his former mentors, Alan Greenspan, the former chairman of the Federal
    Reserve, after Mr. Greenspan wrote that the United States was "pursuing a
    policy of currency weakening." Mr. Geithner shot back on CNBC that while he
    had "enormous respect" for Mr. Greenspan, "that's not an accurate
    description of either the Fed's policies or our policies." He added, "We
    will never seek to weaken our currency as a tool to gain competitive
    advantage or grow the economy."

    Much of the rest of the world seemed to share Mr. Greenspan's assessment.
    Moreover, Mr. Obama seemed to be losing the broader debate over austerity.
    The president has insisted that at a moment of weak private demand, the best
    way to spur economic growth is to have the government prime the pump with
    cheap credit and government stimulus programs. He quickly found himself in
    an argument with Prime Minister David Cameron of Britain and Chancellor
    Angela Merkel of Germany.

    "You do hear the argument made sometimes: If you have a deficit, put off the
    action to deal with it because taking money out of the economy will reduce
    your growth rate," Mr. Cameron said at the meeting. "I simply don't accept
    that." Even as he spoke, back home his ministers were announcing new cuts in
    Britain's famed welfare system.

    Mrs. Merkel, reflecting a more traditional German view born of her country's
    history of hyperinflation before World War II, was equally adamant. "I am
    not one, and Germany is not one, who says growth and fiscal consolidation
    are contradictory," she said during a lunchtime address in Seoul. "They can
    go together, and it is essential to return to a sustainable growth path."

    She also suggested that it was the job of deficit countries - like the
    United States and Britain, though she diplomatically avoided citing them -
    to increase their competitiveness rather than put limits on countries that
    had figured out how to get the world to buy their goods. "In the task ahead,
    the benchmark has to be the countries that have been most competitive, not
    to reduce to the lowest common denominator," she said.

    The differences with Mr. Cameron and Mrs. Merkel were particularly striking
    because during Mr. Obama's first Group of 20 meetings - in London,
    Pittsburgh and Toronto - he managed to get all of the major economies to
    pursue something of a coordinated stimulus strategy.

    But that consensus began fracturing at the June meeting in Toronto. While
    the administration had warned that rolling back fiscal stimulus programs too
    quickly could endanger the fragile recovery, the pressure on European
    nations to slash their deficits was becoming overwhelming. Ultimately the
    Group of 20 countries committed to cutting government deficits in half by
    2013, a goal the United States insists it will meet.

    But much has now changed. Mr. Cameron is following his conservative
    instincts and has made budget-cutting a signature issue. Mrs. Merkel is
    credited with avoiding spending heavily on stimulus programs and emerging
    with the most successful recovery in Europe.

    And Mr. Obama faces new political constraints. Jeffry A. Frieden, a
    political scientist at Harvard, noted Thursday that the administration
    "feels it does not have the domestic political support for embarking on
    potentially difficult cooperative measures."

    The White House decided it was smarter for Mr. Obama to return home with no
    free trade accord than with one in which it could be accused of making
    concessions at a time that the consensus on trade has been shattered,
    particularly within the Democratic Party.

    Similarly, accusations that China has manipulated its currency for its own
    advantage - and now the countercharge that the Fed is doing the same - are
    part of what Mr. Frieden calls an argument over "who will bear the burden of
    adjustment."

    "Will it be the creditor or debtor countries?" he said. "Who's going to take
    a hit for our debt?"

    Indeed, the struggle for advantage, which ultimately may be a struggle to
    set the rules for a new global financial order, was the unspoken subtext of
    the meeting between Mr. Obama and Mr. Hu.

    Mr. Hu, in the most indirect terms, told Mr. Obama that Beijing was focused
    on the Fed's role in pushing down interest rates, and its effect on
    weakening the dollar. The code words were obvious. For days Chinese
    officials have characterized the Fed's actions as an effort to drive "hot
    money" to developing nations, pushing up their currencies and their interest
    rates, and perhaps fueling inflation. Mr. Obama had hoped to make the
    meeting about a related subject: China's continuing refusal to allow rapid
    appreciation of its currency, which fuels its huge trade surplus.

    At a press briefing in Seoul, Zheng Xiaosong, director general of the
    Chinese Ministry of Finance's international department, indirectly accused
    the United States of ignoring its international responsibilities. "The major
    reserve-currency issuers, while implementing their monetary policies, should
    not only take into account their national circumstances but should also bear
    in mind the possible impacts on the global economy," he said.

    StevieO, Nov 13, 2010
  9. StevieO

    StevieO Guest

    StevieO, Nov 13, 2010
  10. StevieO

    Meat Plow Guest

    Go to http://www.ap.org/ (Associated Press) or Reuters

    http://www.reuters.com/ and type G20 in the search news box.

    Meat Plow, Nov 13, 2010
  11. StevieO

    Ferd Berfle Guest

    Ferd Berfle, Nov 13, 2010
  12. StevieO

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 15:47:16 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 16:17:19 -0600, Old Gringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:53:37 -0500, StevieO wrote:
    >>
    >>> obummer got bitch slapped by the G20, by the South Koreans and by the
    >>> Chi Coms.
    >>>
    >>> He sure is a success.......LOL He just might be blood related to
    >>> boaterdave.....LMAO

    >> Got a link, I'd like to read it.

    > Go to http://www.ap.org/ (Associated Press) or Reuters
    >
    > http://www.reuters.com/ and type G20 in the search news box.

    Thanks that will work.
    --
    11/13/2010 9:50:49 AM CST

    Old Gringo38, Nov 13, 2010
  13. StevieO

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 05:31:16 -0500, StevieO wrote:

    > Turn of the tv or radio.
    >
    > If you have neither try any major news web site.
    >
    > If you can not find a news web site go to
    > www.google.com and do a search.
    >
    > Press on.
    >
    > "Old Gringo38" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:53:37 -0500, StevieO wrote:
    >
    >> obummer got bitch slapped by the G20, by the South Koreans
    >> and by the Chi Coms.
    >>
    >> He sure is a success.......LOL He just might be
    >> blood related to boaterdave.....LMAO

    > Got a link, I'd like to read it.

    O for over challenged?
    --